FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mulligan Property at 218 S. Main St.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mulligan Property at 218 S. Main St.
    Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 2:36pm
Since it has been kinda quiet here, probably due to the lack of the normal amount of stupidity exhibited by the members of our elite city leaders, I thought I'd take a look at some of our property values in Middletown to see just how far they have crashed over time. Found something that may be of interest to some here......

According to the Butler Cty. Auditor's site, the property at 218 S. Main St., owned by Lawrence Mulligan, YOUR city mayor and counciljester, and a Kristen R. Mulligan, the property sold in Oct 2005 for $325,000. It is only valued at $21,710 ?? . The half-year taxes on the property, selling in 2005 is only $232.94 or around $460 per year.

Now, I don't know about you, but does it seem a tad bit strange that a property that sold for $325,000 is only valued at $21 thou and the Mulligan's only pay $460 bucks a year on this property? Kinda out of whack isn't it? Anyone want to venture a guess as to why the taxes are so low on this when a house worth one third that amount pays 2 grand in taxes per year? Can't be that much of a tax break for being in a "historical area", right? Anyone know how they can get away with paying so little property taxes?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 2:42pm
Ok, another post on this property tells us that the property haa been valued at around $150,00 bucks and they're paying around 3500 bucks per year. That's more like it.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:23pm
So the mayor is screwed just like the rest of us?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

So the mayor is screwed just like the rest of us?

Yep. Just don't understand why the auditor has a number of entries, all reporting different values, for the same property.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:32pm
I think some of it is the lot next door.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 5:07pm
Per the Auditor the property has three parcels.  One valued at $156K, one at $22k, and one at $0.5k.  You have to add all three together.  Many homes in Middletown are on multiple parcels.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 6:05pm
Thanks folks for the explanation. Appreciate it.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 8:30pm
 Your initial suspicion Vet is correct.
Roger Reynolds made an adjustment of about 5-7% on Middletown property, not 45-50% decine. I know of absolutely no one who appealed their tax valuation, who received 10% decine when the reassessment was made. An approximate $140,000 reduction on a $325,000 property is massive.

Perhaps that also explains why Main Street was paved, and nice lamps put up, to pump up declining valuation.

I can assuredly state sj, no one else in Middletown was getting 40-50% reductions from Reynolds, at beast, it was 10%. Explain please.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:28am
be careful what you ask for, acclaro
A huge reduction in value may slap you hard come selling time
though the Mayor is probably long-term located by the rest of his family

and NO---I received an approx.10% reduction and did not appeal.
Maybe because the adjacent home in total disrepair sold for $85,000, and no one around me can get anything above $150,000?

Come to think about it, an appeal might be in order--next re-valuation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic