FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OGT Summer Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OGT Summer Testing
    Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:49pm

osted: 11:35 a.m. Monday, June 2, 2014

Middletown schools offers OGT summer testing

MIDDLETOWN 

Middletown City Schools District is offering the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) this summer for students who need to pass part or all of the test.

High school students in Ohio must pass all five parts: reading, math, writing, science, and social studies in order to receive their high school diplomas. Students begin taking the OGT as sophomores and they have seven opportunities to pass each of the five tests. One of the opportunities is over the summer.

Intervention for reading will be from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. June 3-6; social studies from noon to 2:30 p.m. June 3-6; science from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. June 10-13; and math from noon to 2:30 p.m. June 10-13. The classes are free and open to any Middletown student.

The tests are scheduled as follows: reading, 9 a.m. June 16; social studies, noon June 16; science, 9 a.m. June 17; and math, noon June 17.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:08pm
Not to worry. The Middletown School system continues to do a remarkable job of educating all of the kids. Truely remarkable what comes out of the schools. Expect only a high degree of competency with the new middle school and the improvement to the high school. The new elementaries will provide that springboard to the new middle school and all are sure to launch the Middletown student to the next level as the kids continue their mastery of all 5 parts of the testing....and they only have seven attempts to pass. I say we make it an even 10 and be done with it. No big deal to add three more attempts is there?

In the typical tradition of being a naysayer, which is all we have here by the way to some, I'm betting that nothing will improve five years down the road and we'll be reading the same exact story long after we have all new schools in the district. Safest bet going. The scholastic report will be what it always has been, with the excuses to follow of course.

Time to fire up some of our forum pals......been too quiet and we haven't argued lately.

What say you school supporters, keepers of the faith, believers in the system elixir and drinkers of the Jim Jones Rosy Colored Kool-Aid brand. (with just a hint of denial added for taste of course.)
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:53pm
I'm curious to know if any of those who supported the new levy have actually taken the OGT test to see what it is that is required to call oneself a high school graduate. I'd like to take the test and see if my Middletown School district education from the 1970's compares favorably with what is now required. 
aintskeered View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aintskeered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 8:16am
TonyB I believe you are able to not only see past OGT's on the ODE website, but you can also download them, print them out and take the tests.  You can also do this for grades 3-8 OAA's.  Definitely worth a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic