Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Monday, March 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Wanted with Window Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Wanted with Window Restoration
    Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 10:38am
We need help with a variety of tasks in our widow restoration business. Duties include scraping paint, cleaning glass, sanding and painting. Will teach the right individual how to glaze windows and re-rope sash if the person shows up every day and shows interest in the trade.

Contact Jason @ (513) 633-4332
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 2:10pm
Considering the level of douchery you've displayed on here I imagine the only window related help you'll get here is people willing to throw sizeable rocks through yours...
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 7:06pm
i had gotten purdy good at slinging doggie bombs back over into the yard behind me, but they moved a few months ago so im kinda out of practice, had lot of fun with it, seen them step in it a few times LOL anyone needing a doogie bomb slinger let me know..  ok now back to hh needing help LOL... maybe you should try looking downtown for some of those starving artists, they might wanna do the dirty work for ya, for next to nothing..
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 2:48am
Whats the definition of audacity?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:09pm
Looking to add 1 or 2 more people at the end of the month. Will train.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 8:54am
hope that u get good workers, and that u treat them right house guy.
Hope that it is all private funding and no grant/tax $$$.
hope that u can make a difference somewhere for many years, and that u have yer empire. Just remember--someday it will come to an end also for change. Hopefully it will be your children or grandchildren who will put it away in a good situation after a long and successful run
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 7:11pm
Yoiu know as well as I do SJ that good help is hard to find. I'm getting better after all these years of weeding out the bad before ever bringing them in.

All my work since I've been here is directly with home owners, who live in the house. No grants or loans pay for my business. I work, save, take another step forward (with caution).

The difference I make is for my customers who can't find people who want to fix things anymore. Most trades just want to tear things out and replace that thing that will again, need replacing in as little as 5 to 10 years. Not looking to build an empire and really don't perceive a business like mine to ever come to an end. I'm in a niche market and will never have much competition. At the worst, in some point in my life, I may decide to reshape things and do less work myself. Hopefully will have enough set aside for me and my wife to settle down and "semi-retire" I'll never fully retire because I have a lot of passion for preservation and restoration of older homes.

Thanks for the kind words. 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 8:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic