FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Is Quiet On The Western Front

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Is Quiet On The Western Front
    Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 7:31am
Anyone noticed how "quiet" it has been since Adkins has taken over as compared to the Gilleland administration? ......or does it just seem to have calmed down as to the lunacy that was before? Very little eye-opening news from the Journal lately.

Now, one wonders. Is there really a downturn in sensational activity since Adkins became city manager, or has the Journal been "encouraged" by city hall, under the new adminstation, to curtail publishing as much as in the Gilleland years with more kept "under wraps"? Dunno, and may be entirely wrong on my part to speculate here.

The city certainly hasn't made the turnaround that quickly to have eliminated most of the nonsense we were reading on a daily basis.

Anyone notice the same thing?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:23am
No they've just circled the wagons.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:40am
Tigers don't change their stripes.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:38am
The big pink elephant in the room is about to get a little larger THE 2015 BUDGET
We are now down to 15% reserves so we have no extra funds to help balance the 2015 budget.
In September the HUD money will leave the budget and all the employees that were being paid with HUD funds will now be paid from the General Fund.
And then we still have the problem of a declining population and no jobs here in
Middletown.
I hope someone at City Hall has a grand plan to solve these problems

John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:06am
Does the Journal still cover Middletown? Generally when I read stories in the Journal they are about Hamilton.

I don't think we can count on the press to act as a reliable source of Middletown news. I do think the posters on this site uncover more news than all the media combined.

So bottom line is we the people of Middletown, Ohio need posters who dig a little deeper, care a little more and above all share their knowledge and concerns.

That's what keeps me an a whole bunch of people coming back to read these posts.

ThanksThumbs Up
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:56am
What a minute....there is no problem with declining population, just follow the idiot Mayor of Cincinnati's lead and welcome illegal immigrants that can't work, have no education, and can't bguy homes, to increase a declining population. Only Columbus has an incerasing millenial population, all others have a decline, including Cincinnati. Well, we know how section 8 worked for increasing population.
Someone told me Tom Allen, former council member, is handling the city's defense against it from the section 8 landlords, and the city is trying to get it dismissed. Good luck with that one. How much is the city's insurance paying for the section 8 defense and now the discrimination lawsuit in Butler Cty Common Pleas Court?
Middletown has not done its job in managing the city, and is paying for it. Also, for those that paid no attention- it was indicated the deal the MCSD got in 2001 was not a good deal with the state matching contribution. How convenient they let you know they get a better rate now because of declining property values, AFTER the election passes by about 12 votes. Always seems the city and BOE gas secrets revealed after the fact, with the Journal's assistance.   

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:08pm

Dean
Yes, Tom Allen filed the paperwork
but..but..but...didn’t he vote on many HUD Section 8 legislation when he was on council?

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Middletown has not done its job in managing the city, and is paying for it. Also, for those that paid no attention- it was indicated the deal the MCSD got in 2001 was not a good deal with the state matching contribution. How convenient they let you know they get a better rate now because of declining property values, AFTER the election passes by about 12 votes. Always seems the city and BOE gas secrets revealed after the fact, with the Journal's assistance.      

10-4 on that. Reminds me of the fleecing of the voters by MCSD & Price on the Rosedale / Miller Ridge boondoggle..
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic