Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have Questions for Doug Atkins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyle Bohannon View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kyle Bohannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have Questions for Doug Atkins?
    Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 9:39am
Hey Everyone,

My name is Kyle Bohannon. I was born and raised in this town, moved away for college and work afterwards, but this past summer, my fiancé and I decided to 'Buy In' to Middletown.

I come back with a great desire to help Middletown move forward in a positive way that creates a community in which we are proud of.

However, when considering the current state of the city, the events that have taken place in the past, as well as the rowing unrest with city leadership, I find one area that is lacking is communication between the city leaders and the citizens.

In order to move forward as a city, we must work together to bring the city up as a whole, with the best interests of all in mind. 

To aid in this matter, recently, I approached city leadership proposing the creation of a monthly interview program that I would host through Youtube. 

The objective is to, each month, sit down with one member of City Leadership, and bring to them questions you the citizens have for them.

Doug Atkins was the first to get back in touch with me and has agreed to an interview, and I feel that he is also the perfect person for the first interview, given his new position.

So, If you have questions for Doug, please post them here.

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Kyle Bohannon
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 9:54am
Kyle
I would like to read a copy of the 200 page booklet that Mr. Adkins presented to City Council when he was interviewed to be City Manager about his future plans for Middletown.
Please request that he place a copy of this booklet on the city web site.
Thank you

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 9:57am
Kyle
I would also like these interviews to be shown on TV Middletown.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 10:16am
Well it will be interesting to see what city leaders will agree and what city leaders will decline.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 10:19am
Kyle, would you request Mr. Adkins answer what his position to be on the city putting a % of city funding dedicated to funding streets back to a level it was in 1986, which was about 3%? If not, why not? If so, would the voters vote on it, and would he bring it before council.

Thx. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 1:22pm

Kyle
I agree with Acclaro that Street Repair is a major concern of the citizens of Middletown.
The citizens want to know why we don’t have any money for street repair while
City Hall receives more than 4 million dollars per year in funding.
I would like Mr. Adkins and Michelle Greis to give the public a complete detailed breakdown and explanation of the Auto and Gas Tax Fund for 2013 and 2014.
Where and how has all this money been spent?

City Council Minutes
November 23, 1999
Mr. Lyons
SPECIAL REVENUE FUNDS
AUTO AND GAS TAX FUND
 – Mr. Lyons explained that this fund is supported by the gasoline and license taxes that we receive from the state and also supported by income tax revenue. This is where the street maintenance and street signal activity is located. Some contractual grounds maintenance comes from this fund. The money from the gas tax is is only to be used for maintenance of roadways so our right-of-way grass cutting comes from this fund.
Plus 1 mill of property taxes also added to auto & gas fund.

This total is about 
4 Million Dollars per year.

Please notice that this is not called the GRASS MOWING FUND

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 2:32pm
Also how the funds accrued from the Public Safety levy have been distributed
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 3:14pm
Is there any legal exposure associated with the HUD settlement, yes, no, ongoing? How much were legal fees paid to settle it? 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 3:36pm
Kindly ask Mr. Adkins how much we have paid IN TOTAL for outside legal services this year, and in each of the past two or three years.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2014 at 4:32pm
And what legal fees may be coming?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic