FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Ad
    Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 10:56pm
Ad in today's MJ:
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 1:52am
So, still in the real estate business? What could be the purpose in purchasing property in these areas of town?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 11:24am
The $ Mm they spent on the land bank to get stating match Middletown is behind on spending. The ad is to help them locate properties before deadline.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 11:43am
If they'd pay me $5000 (plus taking on my mortgage) I'd be happy to let them wreck away!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 12:00pm
But...but...but...Dougie stated in front of city council that Middletown had 3,000 homes that needed to be torn down.
Hmmm...and now he can't find any?
Ahh yes the sweet smell of all that FREE goverment money sure does make people say strange things sometimes.

Please notice that the request is for properties in the 2nd Ward only.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 12:28pm
This is the year to leave Middletown before the feds raise interest rates. Any bets on Dewine altering the plan and letting the failing land banks to keep the state matching funds, which they got from the feds? The Hardest Hit federal funding has been a failure and fraught with fraud. There have been countless lawsuits filed, a few class action.

Notice how the ad states 'free title?' Regardless of commissioners efforts, properties that don't go through due process of foreclosure are a risk the county will not wish to explore to accelerate taking ownership.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 2:13pm
Acclaro

I was against Moving Ohio Forward Funds when it came before city council and now you can drive around town and see the results.
Were there houses in Middletown that needed to be torn down? Yes, but now City Hall has created an even greater problem that I will discuss at another time.

The Guidelines for the Moving Ohio Forward Funds are posted on the state web site. I called several council members and expressed by concerns that these funds were being used on property that did not follow the State Guidelines for this program. The information that I shared with them fell on deaf ears. I then called Matt Lampke, the administrator of this program, at the State House. I filled complaints on several properties that clearly did not fall within the state guidelines.
And once again I ask the same question I did when City Hall gave away public property without it going to public bid...How does this happen in Middletown with 4 lawyers sitting in the same room?..Let the legal games begin!

I do not believe Dewine will let City Hall keep the matching funds..just another failed Middletown program and waste of tax dollars.
I’m now convinced that nothing will change in Middletown until we replace every member of City Council.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic