FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is This Really Needed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is This Really Needed?
    Posted: May 27 2015 at 12:19pm
From the city council meeting notes.....

May 11, 2015

TO: Doug Adkins, City Manager
SUBJECT: APPOINTMENT - ASSISTANT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR

We are recommending the appointment of ALEXIS FITZSIMMONS to the position of Assistant
Economic Development Director in the Economic Development Department. This is a new
position in the 2015 Budget.
Ms. Fitzsimmons will be assigned to Salary Range176, Step C, which provides a salary of
$2,395.08 bi-weekly, $62,272.08 annually. The appointment is conditional upon the candidate
passing the required medical evaluation.

Knowing what we know about the ineffectiveness of the Econ. Dev. Dept., is this paper shuffler position really necessary? What would this person do that the Econ. Dev. Director can't do? And with a "tight budget", just how was this salary factored into a city staff consuming limited revenue? Furthermore, what is the job description on this position and is it worth the 62 grand per year plus benefits costs? Is this person associated with anyone in the current city government and done to get family into a cushy government job? All legitimate questions from a long time citizen of the community.

I'll mention it again....I still don't know how Noah Powers III, can go from a Human Resources Manager to the Asst Director of the Law Department. How is the transition made from Human Resources to Law?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 1:00pm
By the way, in reading more of the council notes, I was also reminded that we have Matt Eisenbraun, who is also an Econ. Dev. Asst. Director. How many ED Asst. Directors does this city need to justify the activity? Are they that overwhelmed? Just asking.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Dean View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 1:08pm
Mr. Powers is a lawyer. So is his father Noah. You connect the dots to his job in Middletown. The nepotism is deep and runs wide throughout all departments. The AED are needed to write many requests to put dead and dangerous buildings on the National Registry to get tax credits. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 1:27pm
"The AED are needed to write many requests to put dead and dangerous buildings on the National Registry to get tax credits."

Then what does the Revitalization Dept. do? I thought Adkins, as Revitalization Dept Director, did the dead and dangerous buildings thing.

I remember Noah III,as a little kid,and Noah (now judge) and wife came over for some food and fireworks at All Amer. Weekend time years ago. My, how time does fly.

Then who took his HR Manager's job? He wasn't in that position very long was he?
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 2:58pm
How are they justifying the salary? Every time we asked for roads to be repaired we were told by Judy we didn't have the money. This isn't the only "new" position to be created since Doug took over. Where is this money coming from? Did Doug find money Judy hide? Are they robing Peter to Pay Paul? HMMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic