FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Steve Bohannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 2:19pm
I noticed where the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has recently approved COPS grants for a number of municipalities. Did the City of Middletown file an application? If not, why not? I see where at least one Missouri city filed one of the successful COPS grant applications. They will use these funds to hire 11 additional policemen.

Please let us know how you'll endeavor to help the city to successfully apply for these and other related funds in the future? It's easy for one to say that they favor hiring more police and fire employees. Without boosting an already high city income tax rate, how will you help to accomplish this?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 11:14am
I apologize for being wrong. I just forgot. My point is that we do not need someone on council that owns so many properties. Their opinions may be skewed.

middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 10:31am
I do not think the city has the ability to do anything at all about the number of Section 8 vouchers allocated for use in Middletown. That decision rests solely with the Butler and Warren county Housing Authorities. And since it is likely that they will not be able to reduce the actual number within their respective counties but instead reallocate them to other communities, the chance of them being reduced in Middletown (in my opinion) hovers somewhere right around zero.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2015 at 7:37am

“what will you do to continue reducing the number of vouchers in the city, So far the City has a plan and it seems to be working.

Smartman
    I would like to correct your above statement. The current city council members and Mr. Adkins
DID NOT reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers in Middletown…period
    Because the MPHA was not being run in compliance with HUD rules it was removed from Middletown’s control and is now being run from the county level of Butler and Warren counties.
     What did happen is that the council members and Mr. Adkins have wasted thousands of dollars of our tax money on legal fees.
     The legal cases against the city over this program are still ongoing in the Butler County courts.

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2015 at 9:00pm
Mr. Bohannon, The biggest issue facing the city of Middletown is Section 8. Middletown City Schools are 100% free lunch, our police force is overwhelmed with calls to section 8 households. Those folks do not take care of the property. Section 8 has become a way of life. It is meant to help folks get back on their feet, not make landlord's a lot of money. So Mr. Bohannon, if elected, since you own many section 8 properties, what will you do to continue reducing the number of vouchers in the city, So far the City has a plan and it seems to be working. Will you if elected agree with the city, or will you side with all the other section 8 owners and represent their best interest instead of the normal citizens of Middletown. I hope you will respond. This is not an issue that you can dodge.

Waiting for your response!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic