FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown top 10 fastest Dying Town in USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 3:41pm
And pray tell, Spider, why would you want me to go against logic and help the "other side" retain their stranglehold on this community? If I did as you have suggested- ie- participate in a position of Ms. Gilleland's choosing, it wouldn't take me long to disagree with what that position was being used for. At this point in time, I'm not sure, knowing how they operate, that I could look myself in the mirror after helping them. I would have "sold out" to the problem children. The CORRECT way?- I haven't seen the CORRECT way in years here in town as to the administration of the town's prosperity. Positive, constructive, futuristic personality???- What a great sarcastic line! I like it! Yes I do care about Middletown. Some of the best years of my life were spent here- (here we go again- in the 50's and 60's). Been accused of being outspoken a time or two- very observant! You, full of BS? No more so than many of us! Yes, I would very much like to be a part of the rebirth (hopefully) of the city. I just can't bring myself around to include working with any part of the current group that is in control now. I dislike/resent the majority of them, so much so that I don't want anything to do with them.Right or wrong, the feelings are strong in the resentment category. I would like to see them all gone- now.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 3:53pm

Time for a break before you guys pop an artery:

(Bela Fleck - Christmas Medley)

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 4:49pm
thanx Mr.Wendt
as a fan and friend for 30 years, I have seen this guy do pretty much everything
I don't think he ever takes a day off
you should hear him do a Beatles medley or an Earl Scruggs medley

one night I watched Tony Trishka and Bela trade off doing Beatle tunes
jaw-dropping

caught him just this fall with the Sparrow Quartet
after the show, I told him that he was the Mahavishnu of the new milennium
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 4:59pm

vet--you are testy 2day

you are dead wrong about the current city manager

if we are to make things better asap, there can only b 1 side
not yours-not "theirs"--OURS

quit carrying on like republocrats

I doubt Forbes recieved their info from the message boards, though it seems like strat wrote their piece

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 8:27pm
I can't say too much about City Council. I do not live in the city limits so I do not vote. I do own a business in Middletown.... So, we have to keep up with certain ordinances & laws.
We support people who support us as a business and socially. Isn't that what makes the world go round?
As a business owner, I have learned not to get tooooo upset about certain things. I have learned to pick & choose my battles.

Hey spiderjohn, we ordered lunch from 56degrees today. Yum. Clam Chowder and Club sandwich.
We try to eat there or order from there once a week. My hubby actually has a meeting there tomorrow evening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic