FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lebo Never Answered The Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lebo Never Answered The Question
    Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 7:12am
Journal story-Jan 21- School knew about Hunter's other infraction in July, yet played him this past season. The article states that other players have been dismissed from the team for drinking. Hunter's July charges coupled with the recent BB gun assault charges are certainly as serious or moreso than drinking, yet he remained on the team. Lebo says that its a good thing to keep the troubled youth of the community involved in athletics so that they may be around positive role models. Wouldn't this also hold true for the dismissed athletes who drank? It appears to the public as a case of keeping the "we can win with" athletes around and discarding the ones who have less ability. Lebo never addressed the question in the article but instead put up a smoke screen with the "touted the schools programs of character building" routine to avoid answering the incriminating questions head on. Kind of reminds one of all of the other answers from the schools when they've been caught. If you deflect the real subject with irrelevant crap, the impact isn't as severe and the conflict will go away. This must be taught to all admin. people in the Price Deflection 101 course.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 8:12am
I agree totally Vet! He should have been gone after he tenderized his girlfriend. They probably kept him because he had committed to Tennessee. As we can see Tennessee has stopped recruiting him. Big 10 teams will not want him either! Maybe Lebo should get a clue about promoting quality role models. IMO this kid has blown his chance. If he uses a BB gun, what will he use next! Not the kind of player I would want on my team. I guess Krause got sucked into Lebo's ignorance!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 8:58am
I thought Mr.Lebo's answers were very forthright. He didn't deflect or back-peddle and answered the ?s. The kid was a juvenile at the time of the assault charges(I believe the girl did not press charges), and the case was not decided until November after the football season had ended. As for kids suspended for drinking--I am not aware of any such suspensions this year. Maybe vet can get specific on those allegations.

I could have lived with either decision on Hunter's eligibility.
Innocent until proven guilty?

So--where was coach Krauss during this decision-making process? He could have impacted any AD decision and simply sat the kid if he had major concerns or policies.

Probably explains why Hunter was not impressive during the football season.
I never saw anything that would lead a major NCAA football power to go after him anyway.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 9:46am
High School, College and Pro teams suspend players all the time for behavior detrimental to the team. If Lebo was aware of the July allegation, why wasn't Hunter suspended from the team pending a decision from the courts? I thought Lebo fell short of addressing the SPECIFIC problem with Hunter and deflected the conversation away from the SPECIFIC topic and went to a generalized topic. No, vet is not aware of the intricacies of the names, dates and situations concerning the drinking and atheletes being dismissed. Just mentioned it because the article mentioned it. Interesting question- where was Krause during all of this? Surely he knew since it involved one of his players and a starter to boot. Now we know why Hunter is going the Big Ten route with Tennessee rejecting his application.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 12:30pm
All I can say, is if that were my child he shot, I would be pressing for the maximun sentence. Big time player or not. You do the crime you do the time! It was known in July that he was in trouble. All the students knew! That is a fact because my daughter is a sophmore and she told us! It is a shame that all this happened. He might of had a good college career in the right setting. jmo
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 1:58pm
Absolutely, smartman.
If it had been my child that he shot, his legal concerns would be secondary.
This is a firearms felony, and should be treated as such.
I doubt his high school athletic staus will get him much consideration, especially since he is probably not now being recruited.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 12:02am
Once a bully, always a bully. Just look at the Bengals!

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2009 at 3:39pm
Journal reports today that his trial has been postponed until Feb 13. They must be waiting on a college offer in order to plea for a slap on the wrist!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic