FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MIDDLETOWN Pride In Action

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIDDLETOWN Pride In Action
    Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 10:37am

MIDDLETOWN Pride In Action

Mission: To encourage, initiate, facilitate, promote

and celebrate positive action in Middletown.

What can YOU do?

Replace ragged flags on flagpoles.

Got a project?  Let us know. Want a project?  We have a list.

Ann Mort – 513-649-4506   Rmort@cinci.rr.com

Sam Ashworth – 513-593-0062  sam41@cinci.rr.com

Every week another idea to make Middletown better. 

One small (or large) effort at a time will make a difference.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 8:12pm
   I just don't get how a bunch of paint and flowers is going to change anything that will
   effect the demographics of jobs, schools, roads etc. How silly.
   I've got pride but no job, and I'm gonna clean up, fix up my flag and neighborhood
   so when I loose my house it will be more attractive for the bank to sell. !!!!!!
   I wouldn't invite Forbes back untill 20012....maybe.
   What can I do? Invite you over to paint my house......

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 8:33pm
2000+ you are not suppose to think about Education, Poverty, Section 8, Unemployment, Average Income, Infrastructure, as according to City Council most of those issues don't exist as problems in Middletown., at least not the ones Forbes talked about.  Council likes to live in denial along with the BOE, unfortunately.  At the rate City Council is working on the Section 8 issue LOL you'll have to wait well past 20012 [sic] for any results around Middletown.  While Middletown does need a huge face lift, it is of little value unless you tackle the bigger issues which ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 9:22pm
You have to remember, City Council has nothing to do with this project. Unless I missed something on this forum.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 10:24pm

That has nothing to do with the fact that unless you tackle the underlying serious problems of Poverty, Education, low average income, jobs, etc., you can paint a City until your hearts content and it won't improve the situation.  Mort wants Forbes to come in Next year for what, nothing they are doing has a thing to do with what the Forbes article was about.

I find it curious that we get Paint the Town from Mort and Ashworth and then we get Volunteerism from Wood and Schiavone and nothing about the underlying issues.    
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 4:49am
Pac:
There ya go sounding negative again.  If we all just stick our heads in the sand and "think" positive, everything will be WONDERFUL!!!
Just as River City's boys' band (in "The Music Man") suddenly morphed into a world class, marching brass band with seventy-six trombones, etc., so will Middletown rise like a Phoenix from the ashes if we just keep practicing the "think system" and ignore the real problems here in Middie City.

In fact, I think I see Robert Preston hopping off the train right now!!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 6:30am
OK Spider. This is your cue. You jumped me in an earlier post about being negative about things and suggesting that I stay home from the meeting at MUM the other day and that I "take my gripes" to Council. You also jumped me about criticizing the Mort/Ashworth program on painting when I said that the program doesn't attack the real problems of the city- only surface fluff. These two posts said the same thing in essence. How do you react to their thoughts? Will you be consistent with your criticism on negativity or will you make exceptions, depending on who posts? You're up next.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 6:48am
lol
was thinking the same thing as I got to yer post, vet

2000+-- paint yer own house if ya ain't got no job
aren't you now becoming a part of what u have been criticizing?
might as well just go to Otte's Pub or the speakeasy to buy local!

pacman buddy---I agree that Council is disfunctional and in serious denial.
This deals with other minor but helpful things. It can only help, and get u involved with new younger faces who WILL make a difference down the road. These are good strong community minded younger generation minds. Trust me.

Mikey---maybe we can improve the Middie marching band!!
maybe they could do a fund-raiser at bbq junction!!
you could volunteer to place the signs!

hope to see y'all voicing yer opinions to Council 2nite while I am at the Community Foundation meeting followed by the Middies game!

cy'all 2morrow night!!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 6:56am
Spider I have no Problem with Beautifying Middletown it needs it and it is a positive step, but for Mort to think this is what Forbes is referring to in their article it isn't.  I got a chuckle when I saw that she wanted to include the I-75 redo on her list. LOL
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 9:29am
Kudos to the Middletown Pride in Action People. They are doing what they can.

But as far as saving the city goes, TWO WORDS: Water Feature

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 11:59am
Come spring the street sweeper will need to work around the clock to clean up all the trash and leaves that line the streets and have now filled the storm sewers.
Mercy me, what a mess
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 4:06pm
Spider:
I like that sound of that!!!  But which one??  Speakeasy or Otte's??  And what time??  Gad Zooks, man, don't leave this half planned!!
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 8:34pm
Just came frpm the "Pride" thing and all I got out of it was that Mort and Company are expecting pretty much all the on-going projects and organizations and old folks to come together and do pretty much what all the on-going projects and organizations and old folks are already doing now. The obvious.... is that the "Pride" project will then claim the success of all the on-going projects and organizations and old folks as theirs.
The best moment of the evening was when they handed out fridge magnets with a mock up Forbes magazine cover with Mayor Mulligans pic on it.  !!!!!!!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 9:39pm
Hey Mike--u pick one.
They are all the same to me, especially since Mike's Place is only a blurred memory now.
Otte's and Speakeasy are both locally owned by cool non-political people.

Middies looked good 2nite
Sycamore didn't--had no band-no cheerleaders-maybe 30 fans-for a HOME GAME
Quickest game in memory--1 hour 5 minutes
no fouls--no timeouts--no commercials
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic