FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potholes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potholes
    Posted: May 20 2009 at 8:51am

Damn what the hell is the Pothole number in Middletown.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 11:55am
I think I recognize this house in Middletown! Looks like the supervisor was right when he told me that they didn't vacuum out the water before they patched the pothole in the Street Repair Committee meeting one time. Looks like the excess water may have affected this particular patching job.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 1:28pm
Great photo ! What are the men trying to do behind the car ? Pulling it out or holding it from slipping in further ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:50am
Wow is this real? That is a fantastic photo!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 10:07am
It came from a Cincy website but I thought it might get a laugh or two.  It is from a radio station's site in Cincy.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 3:29am
I made a claim this past winter and learned that the City is not responsible if the City wasn't made aware of the pothole.  I recently read on here that the MPD would like to replace their fleet or at least part of their fleet related to all the miles they put on their vehicles.  Now if the officers are driving all over town, why aren't they reporting these potholes? If the City is not concerned about the damage to vehicles of its' residents, then isn't the City not concerned with the wear and tear on their vehicles as well?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 7:02am
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

I made a claim this past winter and learned that the City is not responsible if the City wasn't made aware of the pothole.  I recently read on here that the MPD would like to replace their fleet or at least part of their fleet related to all the miles they put on their vehicles.  Now if the officers are driving all over town, why aren't they reporting these potholes? If the City is not concerned about the damage to vehicles of its' residents, then isn't the City not concerned with the wear and tear on their vehicles as well?

Well how nice and convenient of the city to have that policy. So they get out of paying money for damage by saying "Oh this is the first we have heard of a pot hole",thats almost hilarious. Police are trained to not see anything that might cost the city a dollar. Except for nice shiny new police cars.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 9:04am
I also made a claim with the city about a pothole that damaged my new HHR. I also was told the city was not responsible. I brought this to there att, at a counsel meeting Mr Landon told me to file with the city  knowing they would do nothing.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2009 at 10:09am
Wonder why if the city is not responsible for pot holes then why do they have a link for reporting them on the city website ? If they are not responsible then I want to know who is so I can report pot holes directly to the responsible party.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic