FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nancy Nix a challenger !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nancy Nix a challenger !
    Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 5:34pm
Looks as if Nancy Nix will challenge G Jolivette in 2010 for a seat ! I think thats pretty exciting !! Nancy has done a wonderful job in her position as treasurer and I think she may fit in well on the county commission. Good luck Nancy !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 6:45pm
Aaaah! THAT explains all the dirty laundry coming out on Jolivette right now....move 'em out and place the current "county darling".......NEXT!
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 8:50pm
I think Nancy Nix is terrific in her current position. I didn't think she accomplished much at all as a council person (but who does), but she has been excellent as a commissioner. Crtainly an improvement on any of the three existing members. She has my support and vote, and I have not always been a Nancy Nix supporter but she has run a tight ship, very polite, efficient, and it needs to be cleaned up. 
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 6:52am

Hermes and Accuro:

I disagree, courteously but strongly!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 8:57am
Wasn't a Nix fan when she was on Council. Didn't see any strength in her approach and always thought she was a "go along with the flow/don't make waves" type of councilperson. Not what we need, IMO. Guess she's done alright as Butler County Treasurer. Haven't heard any dirt on her performance as yet. Agree, a change is needed to get Greggie Jolivette off of Commission. Furmon should be next to go. The latest story on Jolivette voting to hire his son and the comments made by Jolivette after discovery are "entertaining".
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 9:46am
I met with Nancy Nix for lunch yesterday. And boy am I impressed with her conservative view of how governments need to be run.

Nancy said "the county needs to be fiscally responsible."

I agree, I don't think the county commissioners were being responsible at all. Greg Jolivette is guilty of something, either being too stupid or not smart enough to get caught in attending to the people's money.

Financial scandals are bad, but I find them especially bad for conservatives. We look two-faced when we preach being responsible and then are the opposite.

Nancy may have gone with the flow on council more than your liking, but you many have missed her viewpoint on city finances. I think we all need to take another look at Nancy Nix because she is honest, and she is from Middletown. Last time Middletown sent someone up to Butler County was in the 70's. Anyone remember who?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

I met with Nancy Nix for lunch yesterday. And boy am I impressed with her conservative view of how governments need to be run.

Nancy said "the county needs to be fiscally responsible." I don't think the county commissioners were being responsible at all. Greg Jolivette is guilty of something, either being too stupid or not smart enough to get caught in attending to the people's money.

Financial scandals are bad, but I find them especially bad for conservatives. We look two-faced when we preach being responsible and then are the opposite.

Nancy may have gone with the flow on council more than your liking, but you many have missed her viewpoint on city finances. I think we all need to take another look at Nancy Nix because she is honest, and she is from Middletown.
John:  Of course Ms. Nix talks the talk. Even she is smart enough to know that she HAS to do that to get elected in this county!!!  But does she walk the walk???  I think not!!!  Please recall that she was FOR each and every tax INCREASE that was ever proposed in Middletown (both by the school board AND the council) and even campaigned in favor of them (a "no-no" according to state election laws, I believe.)  She also voted FOR every frivolous spending proposal that came before council during her term.  She's much more a "tax and spend limosine liberal" than any sort of conservative.  While on council, she also stated that she "was NOT a politician" and had NO interest in higher office, but as soon as she saw an opening--UP she POPPED!!!

And wasn't she the one who waited until the day AFTER the school levy was voted upon to spring the news that the city was in deep financial doo-doo???

Last time Middletown sent someone up to Butler County was in the 70's. Anyone remember who?
Of course we know it was "Mr. Mayor", Bill Donham!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 11:50am

I agree with Mike Presta.

My vote is going toward Cindy Carpenter who has just announced that she would like Jolivette's commission seat too.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 12:13pm
People mature politically. When Nancy was on council she was in her 30s. She is now in her early 40s with a more determined attitude.

If you are honest with yourself, you would have to agree that you grew in your knowledge and opinion over the years. New people tend not to 'rock the boat' so to speak, until they get their feet wet. Nancy's feet are wet now and I think she will be a nice GOP surprise. God knows we need more people with values running things.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 12:46pm
Two things John- 1st- I have been a "new person" in my life and at many things and have NEVER "rocked the boat" As evidence, I offer to you, my posts on this site.

2nd- Is there such a thing as a "nice GOP surprise"????

Just kidding Pac!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 1:51pm
Funny Vet never changed in his whole life....

....i believe that like i believe he never 'rocked the boat baby'

A GOP surprise is Sarah Palin, Nancy is no Sarah Palin, but from the looks of things, she has many of the same family values as Sarah.

I don't know Nancy personally, but I do know she is a CPA. We need more CPAs on our boards.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 6:00pm
I have to agree with Mike. Nancy is just another typical politician and in my view we need less of them rather than more. Look at Judy G. here in town, She seems to be a fine Person but she really never does anything other than maintain the Stasis Quo. Well, Folks, in my opinion all these "Professional" Politicians are what got us into the mess we are in now!

You know what I want? Some Plumber, or some other non-politician who will call a Spade a Spade. Maybe this person will do whats needed and quit playing politics and walking on Egg shells!

No more Judies! (nothing Personal!)
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 3:11pm
Mike, you probably don't know this but Nancy reads your posts on here and agrees with much of what you say. Except that bit about the Popping Up. lol

Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Nancy said "the county needs to be fiscally responsible." I don't think the county commissioners were being responsible at all. Greg Jolivette is guilty of something, either being too stupid or not smart enough to get caught in attending to the people's money.

Nancy may have gone with the flow on council more than your liking, but you many have missed her viewpoint on city finances. I think we all need to take another look at Nancy Nix because she is honest, and she is from Middletown.
John:  Of course Ms. Nix talks the talk. Even she is smart enough to know that she HAS to do that to get elected in this county!!!  But does she walk the walk???  I think not!!!  Please recall that she was FOR each and every tax INCREASE that was ever proposed in Middletown (both by the school board AND the council) and even campaigned in favor of them (a "no-no" according to state election laws, I believe.)  She also voted FOR every frivolous spending proposal that came before council during her term.  She's much more a "tax and spend limosine liberal" than any sort of conservative.  While on council, she also stated that she "was NOT a politician" and had NO interest in higher office, but as soon as she saw an opening--UP she POPPED!!!

And wasn't she the one who waited until the day AFTER the school levy was voted upon to spring the news that the city was in deep financial doo-doo???

Last time Middletown sent someone up to Butler County was in the 70's. Anyone remember who?
Of course we know it was "Mr. Mayor", Bill Donham!
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic