FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buckeyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buckeyes
    Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 11:42pm
I love football, and I love the Buckeyes. But tonight was not there night.  They seem to struggle in the big games. I am glad football season is upon us. Dont count the Bucks out just yet.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 8:28am
Watched the game too Randy. Been a Buckeye fan since the 50's. I'm almost done with 'em though. Tressel, while a class act and seems to be an extremely decent person, isn't agressive enough to coach against the Texas's, the USC's, the LSU's and the Florida's of the college football world. (Did he not see that the USC freshman quarterback got rattled when he had pressure? Where were the linbacker/cornerback blitzes coming from all angles? On offense, where were the screens, the 10 yard in routes? Pryor was still tentative and panicked back there at times. Why?) He just can't match the play calling, the aggressiveness, the timing and the player development that the Urban Myers, the Mack Brown's and the Pete Carroll's of coaching can do. He can win the Big Ten, but that's not good enough anymore. He does well with "Tier 2" Division 1 schools but he can't playcall with the best "Tier 1" coaches. They have now, in most likelihood, erased any chance of a BCS Championship. With the loses in prime time, on national TV, to Florida, Texas, LSU, USC and now, USC again in Columbus, he has been creating the feeling that OSU can't win against the major college powers. He has brought embarrassment to the football state of Ohio and we really need to start thinking about a replacement. The losing in prime time major games is now starting to be a nasty habit and a trend that must be corrected for OSU to regain any respectability on the national level. It is gone now and I would imagine that football fans nationwide are thinking that OSU has been overrated for a long time. This has been a big blow to the prideful football fans of this state. JMO
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 12:37pm
I agree Vet, Tressle is out classed in the big games. He is king of the Big Ten and has has Michigans number (which I love seeing how I HATE Michigan)but it is no longer about the Big Ten. In fact the Big Ten is a joke in the the college football world. Something has to change. It might to time to bring in a coach from the SEC. We need to change directions in OSU football.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 4:27pm
GO BEARCATS!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

GO BEARCATS!
  Hey I like the BearCats. Been to afew of there games. MadisonMom you aren't a Buckeye fan?
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 8:35pm
They should hire Kelly from UC and have a situation where he is offensive coordinator and positioned to be head coach when Tressel steps down in 5 years, similar to Florida State. Jim Tressel is a class cat in every measure. He'd be perfect at one of the military academies or Ivy league schools, which focues so heavily upon the student, team, and academics. I think in part, the President of Ohio State has had a hand in this, coming from Vanderbilt and the Ivies, he really puts a premium on OSU being more like Brown than a premiere football program. Pryor struuggles horribly to throw the ball properly. Whether he can develop into a top passer remains to be seen, I am doubtful. He came to OSU to be taught to be a Vince Young type player, but doesn't have the proper throwoing technique and OSU isn't running the full spead or west coast offense, or wildcat for that matter.

Urban Meyer is from Ohio and he'd be execptional. I think Kelly at UC would be terrific, his movemnet in misdirection offense at UC is great. OSU seems unable to put the games away when they count of late. Great article on Tressle ball in ESPN.com today, spot on. JT style: control clock, special teams, play not to lose than win. It always happens when you play too conservative. Not many corner blitzes, and should have played more zone in coverage at the end.

The offense looked emabarrassingly poor. Pryor doesn't have the arm that Troy Smith had as a natural athlete.     
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic