FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q & A With School Board Candidate Gregory Tyus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q & A With School Board Candidate Gregory Tyus
    Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 8:58am
Give us a brief bio of your academic, sports and work life.

I serve as the Senior Pastor of the United Missionary Baptist Church in Middletown for the past 16, plus years.  I was formerly recognized and featured as an Emerging Leader by the Applause magazine of Cincinnati, Ohio.  I served on the Middletown City Council (completing the term for 18 months), for the late Robert “Sonny” Hill.  

I am the Co-Founder and Board Chairman of M.A.L.A.C.H.I. Inc. a not-for-profit organization that has been in existence for 11 years serving youth in Butler, Darke, and Preble Counties which administers the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) in all three counties working to employ over 250 young people.  

I have been a resident of Middletown for almost 17 years, assisting and serving on several boards and committees throughout the city.  

I am a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, a Business graduate of the Cincinnati State University, and a veteran of the U.S. Army.  The husband of Linda L. Reese-Tyus and together we are the parents of 6 adult children and 11 grandchildren. 

For The Full Interview Visit

Question And Answers With Middletown School Board Candidate Gregory Tyus
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 6:37pm
Mr. Tyus,
       Last Tuesday at the Candidates Forum you referred to someone addressing the School
Board about making grade scores the top priority and  finding a Superintendent who would unite the schools and the community in a specific two year effort to increase grade scores. As you and I both know that person was me. You replied that grade scores have always been the first priority. May I respectfully disagree. In recent years grade scores have certainly been a priority but not the first priority. There were several priorities ahead of grade scores. Some of the priorities ahead of grade scores were new buildings, levies, administration and the arrogant posturing of the Superintendent. Then, came grade scores.
        What I am encouraging is a real all out effort to make our grade scores THE FIRST PRIORITY by the School Board, the Superintendent,  the administration, City Council, parents, principals and teachers to raise our youngsters grade scores. It is vital to our children's and our city's future.  
        The community could not, would not and should not, encourage and support much of a levy unless assured that grade scores were at the top of the list.
         Thank you. I wish you well.
         Paul Nagy

lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 6:42pm
Who was that Handsome Blond Devil asking Tyus Questions at the start of the MiddletownUSA Site Video?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic