FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago Style Politics with a splash of Nixon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chicago Style Politics with a splash of Nixon
    Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 11:02am
House Republican Leader John Boehner says the White House's attack tactics are nothing short of "Chicago-style politics.''

"The White House and congressional Democrats know that their liberal special-interest agenda is not very popular,'' Boehner (R-Ohio) said at his weekly press briefing on Thursday. "And now they are following a familiar pattern: when you can't win an argument based on the facts, launch vicious political attacks.

"This Chicago-style politics is shutting the American people out and demonizing their opponents,'' Boehner asserted.

"They are writing the health care bill in secret, even though the president called for all of this to be out on an open table and have C-SPAN cameras in the room,'' he said. "Instead, Democrats are targeting those who don't fall immediately in line - the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, doctors, Fox News.

"The administration promised during the campaign that they were going to usher in an era of 'post-partisanship' in here in Washington,'' Boehner said, "but what they are doing is flat-out despicable."

Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, on the Senate floor, has accused the president of reviving the old "enemies list'' of Nixon days , this from a guy who served the Nixon White House as a young man. Those enemies include the insurance industry.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 1:54pm
John Boehner is a waste of tax payer dollars. He is so quick to jump on the wagon and place blame as long as the blame is directed towards the other party. While I don't doubt things are taking place in secrecy as they always seem to do,where was Boehner when the Patriot Act was passed ? Where was Boehner when they decided to spy on U.S. citizens ? Where was Boehner when the big banks and mortgage companies were playing the realestate game and making bad loans ?

Where is Boehner since the citizens of Middeltown need help ? Keep running your mouth Boehner and take care of West Chester.  Thumbs%20Down
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 8:44pm
Im currently living in Chicago. Shortly after Obama was elected I was in California where I apologized to all my relatives about Obama being elected. When they asked me why, I told them that the country now will see what Chicago politics is all about. Standby, this is just the begining. Just look at all of his mentors, the likes of Daily, Madigan, Blagojevich and jail bird George Ryan.
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic