FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schools vaccinate kids,secretly !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schools vaccinate kids,secretly !!
    Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 4:01pm
Schools in New York state are giving students flu shots without the parents consent resulting in at least one case of a 6 year old having an allergic reaction to the shot. The 6 year old was hospitalized with symptoms of an allergy to the shot.

As a parent I would have someone's head on a stick over this. Who do schools think they are ?  Parents apperantly have no say so in schools anymore. How did the schools become so "totaltarian" ? The whole swine flu ordeal is looking more and more like something out of a horror movie or Orwellian in nature.

As a parent would you approve of this ?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 4:41pm
It was only 2 kids done by mistake.

"Two New York City students were inadvertently vaccinated for swine flu this week without their parents' consent -- a double error that illustrates the challenges facing inoculation programs under way in school systems around the country.

New York City's Health Department said nurses at schools in Brooklyn and Staten Island mistakenly gave the vaccine to two children whose parents hadn't signed a consent form.

The same thing happened Monday at an elementary school in the town of Oregon, Ohio, where a 7-year-old got the vaccine even though her mother had marked "no consent'' on a form, then circled it to emphasize her point."
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 5:38pm
Relax Hermes.  We received permission forms for the H1N1 shot...my daughter already had it so she didn't need it.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by gemneye70 gemneye70 wrote:

Relax Hermes.  We received permission forms for the H1N1 shot...my daughter already had it so she didn't need it.

Relax ? Thats what they told Paul Revere when he said the British were coming and it wasn't the Beatles he was talking about !!  LOL

In Pacmans' posting and mine we only mentioned the kids who had a REACTION to the shots. The schools DO give the shots without parental consent and that is not right and that was my point although not very well explained or mentioned. You and every Middeltown parent may have gotten permission slips but in the articles I was reading no such slips were being sent out. Oh and by the way...the British are coming !!!!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic