FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citigroup...Whats up ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citigroup...Whats up ??
    Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 12:48pm
Starting April 1st Citigroup banks have told customers that in order to make a withdrawal from a checking account the customer must give a 7 day notice to the bank. I've also read that this only applies to Citigroup in Texas,not the entire nation. Citigroup issued a rebuttal saying they have the right to do this but have no plans to do it.

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:04pm
How can you restrict 'checking' accounts to 7 days notice? If I had a Citigroup account, I would switch before April 1.

April 1st? April fools day if you have a Citigroup account.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:18pm
I never thought of that Johnathan it would be April fools wouldn't it ? LOL

These banks get OUR money then do stunts like this !! Ridiculous !!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 4:36pm
These banks keep pulling these stunts on the customers and keep jacking up the percentage rates on their credit cards and thinking up all of these little hidden charges to recoup from the bankruptcies that are prevalent, no one will be able to afford even the minimum payments due to the increased rates. Hopefully, this will end up backfiring on them down the road. The bank that frosts my monkey is Chase. Relentless, bully tactics, threatening, and unprofession IMO. Refuse to do business with them again.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 10:33pm
Vet  - Banks are like politicians....they are all crooks. My wifes employer claims it's mandatory now to have direct deposit, if you don't do direct deposit you can't work there so the banks are in a win win situation. The politicians and banks together created this monster and left the people in the cold with no choice. Just like years ago when banks said if you didn't have an account they wouldn't cash your paycheck. So that forced everyone to open accounts at banks, the banks won that one. Then they went nuts with over-draft fees, the banks won that one too. And the list goes on and on.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 7:16am
These new credit card rules are a joke. All they accomplish is temporary customer appeasement. No one is going to pay off their balance in just a year.(before the rates go sky high) Hell, most can only make the minimum payment. The banks can't raise interest rates on your cards UNTIL AFTER ONE YEAR? How is that suppose to help the person who is drowning in their mega-percentage gouged charges? Amazingly, they want to raise your credit card rates, then, charge you for not using the card because the rates are out of sight. I've already cut mine up along time ago. To hell with the banks and their damn credit cards. They should have thrown in a rule saying banks cannot send you unsolicited credit card offers in the mail. You must contact the bank if you want one of their damn cards. Perhaps that would cut down on the temptation to use what you can't afford any longer.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 11:15am
I agree with you there Vet, we did the same thing to our credit cards. The bad part,and again the banks win, you can't hardly do anything without  one. Although an ATM card is just about as good as a credit card. What really disses me is Obama talks the talk but then turns around and puts the screws to people, same with congress. It's a no win for the American people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic