FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Government...I'm sick of it !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Government...I'm sick of it !!
    Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:31am
My Wednesday rant....The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) has decided that any business that sells tobacco (namely cigarettes) can not give out free lighters or matches.

Apparently "we sheep  of the United States" have once again allowed the federal government to not only dictate to a citizen but to business also. Non-smokers will no doubt count this as a victory to their good health, but just wait, what will happen when these non-smokers are told by a waiter/waitress that they are not allowed any sugar due to their obesity ? Cream for your coffee ? Sorry, cream is fat. Dessert after dinner ? Sorry, FDA says NO !! Nice cold Pepsi or Coke on a hot day ? Sorry, thats just empty calories FDA says NO. And of course the list goes on.

When is this going to stop !?! How far is the government going to go before the sheep wake up ? I'm sick of it folks ! I'm fed up to my ears with it !!  Angry
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
ringmaster View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:00pm
as a smoker im shocked that i can not smoke in bars and that everyone trys to tell me not to smoke. last time i checked its my choice if i smoke or not. but it goes farther than smoking like the trans fat bans.most dont realize it but one they start taking our small liberties away its just a start for them.first they tell us we cant smoke and what we can and cannot eat where does it go from there we need to have some reagulation on what bans and laws pass
ringmaster
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:40pm
May 26, 2010 03:39 PM UTC by John Stossel
Fat and Tax
The obesity hysteria will not stop. The MSM tells us that it’s just obvious that the “crisis” requires new taxes and government limits on your choices.
The American Council on Science and Health, as usual, offers valuable perspective on “rising obesity rates”:
“'Obesity rates are not rising,' says ACSH’s Jeff Stier. 'That’s not to say that obesity is not a serious problem or that we shouldn’t do something about it, but for the media to continue to report falsely that obesity rates are rising when we know for a fact that those rates leveled out about five years ago is a misrepresentation of the data. This is an example of the media agenda that supports things like a soda tax and government involvement with restaurant food options.
What is rising, says ACSH, is the 'Rate of Media Misrepresentation.   Reporters do seem eager to force us to eat better. I say, no thanks. I’d like to make my own choices. Apparently, so do most Americans: Burger King tried to sell tofu burgers for a while, but no one bought them.'"

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/05/26/fat-and-tax/#ixzz0p4etDGYv
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:42pm
The percentage of adults who are obese hasn't increased much over the past 10 years after several decades of skyrocketing growth, an indication that America's obesity epidemic is finally starting to level off, according to a landmark government analysis released Wednesday.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/weightloss/2010-01-13-obesity-rates_N.htm
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic