FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supreme Court means nothing.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supreme Court means nothing.....
    Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:18am
 Washington Post

With the city’s ban on handguns certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say would be the strictest ordinance in the United States to regulate such weapons.

The measure, which draws from ordinances across the country, would ban gun shops in Chicago and prohibit gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or garages, with a handgun.

Daley announced his ordinance at a park on the city’s South Side three days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Americans have a right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere they live. The City Council is expected to vote on it Friday.

“As long as I’m mayor, we will never give up or give in to gun violence that continues to threaten every part of our nation, including Chicago,” said the mayor, who was accompanied by activists, city officials, and parents whose teenage son was shot and killed on a city bus while shielding a friend.

Good ole Daley never quits.Disarm the public so only the gangs & criminals have guns,actually a brilliant idea.The gangs & criminals have no desire to shoot the mayor like the regular citizens. According to Homeland Security every American is a potential terrorist so disarming and banning them makes sense,right ?  Angry
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:23am
Can someone please explain to me how banning law abiding citizen from exercising their 2nd amendment rights cuts down on crime?  I don't understand?

What we need to do is repeal almost all gun laws on the books, and watch crime rates plummet!

Wonder what Mayor Daley's true motivation for doing this is?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:42am
The motivation has to be money,is there anything else motivating to a crooked politician ?

I assume as long as the crime rate is high the more federal dollars they get to combat it. Police get state of the art equipment,money pours in to fight the crime and help the lowly citizen.

Plus by taking guns away from law abiding citizens it makes the citizen more dependant on the police force.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:48am
That makes sense, what a shame... Angry
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:55am
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

That makes sense, what a shame... Angry

Something I said makes sense !?!!

OMG !! Someone call the Journal !! I'm ready for my closeup !  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic