FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We Are In The Wrong Line Of Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Are In The Wrong Line Of Work
    Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 7:21am
Today's Journal..

Foundation: Bristol Palin worth $332K compensation

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Bristol Palin was well worth the $332,500 she was paid to be an ambassador for a foundation aiming to prevent teen pregnancy, the organization's founder said Wednesday.

In her 2009 debut with The Candies Foundation, the unwed mother and daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was paid $262,500 for 15 to 20 days of work, and another $70,000 for a less amount of work last year.

That's 15 to 20 DAYS OF "WORK" to the tune of $332,000 bucks for being an "ambassador" for this foundation.

Palin is no longer on the payroll, but she remains a friend of the organization, Cole said.

"She has done incredible work," he said. "She's been bold enough — yes she's been paid for her work — but she's bold enough to get in and talk about it."

She's done incredible work getting in and "TALKING ABOUT IT"

WHAT????? Talking about something is "doing incredible work"?????

Bloggers have criticized the organization for paying Palin more than seven times the $35,000 in grants it issued in 2009 to two organizations that tax documents called "public charities providing services to teenagers at risk." Cole said there is no basis for that criticism.

Criticized? This moron Cole should have been fired, if that's possible fromn a foundation for offering that much to Palin for doing so little.

"That's not what we do for a living," he said. "What we do for a living is create awareness."

What horsecrap Cole.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 8:36am
Vet - I've become acutely aware over the past few minutes (while reading your post) that I don't have enough money!!! I wonder if I could find a foundation that would pay me big bucks to spread awareness about the ills of not having enough money!!!
Just another symptom of a much larger problem; 15 minutes of fame is worth large dollars and if you have a parent who makes a name for themselves (whether for good or for ill), you can cash in. I think I'll go kick my parents for nevr running for president!!!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 4:06pm
I think the message of awareness they're sending is that if you are a teen girl and get knocked up you should do something to make yourself famous because it gets you a sweet payday in addition to being a mini-celebrity (see also: MTV's "Teen Mom").
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2011 at 5:35pm
Let this be a lesson to all you parents out there; if you want your children to enjoy celebrity or instant wealth, get out there and shamelessly promote yourself. Become famous or infamous; do it for your children and their future earning power!!! lol 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic