FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New Social Security Office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Social Security Office
    Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 5:48pm
We all have seen the new Social Security office built not more than 100 yards from the old one that is now for sale on Towne Blvd. I have not heard why a new one was built so close to the old one and heard there was plenty of room in the old one to accomodate any expansion. Don't know how true that was but is a moot point now. Seems like more fed gov. waste to me.

Sooo, I have taken the liberty to contact your, (not mine) Congressman Boehner (as well as State Senator Coley's office), who sent me a letter in the old mailbox today. I will send the appropriate paperwork requested by Boehner's office back to him in tomorrow's mail. I am anxious to hear what old John found out from your friends in Washington and how they will word the answer. Coley shoved it back Boehner's way at the fed level. Will it be in plain text and answer the question straight on (I think not) or, will it be some Washington political double-talk nonsense we all are accustomed to hearing from the bozos that occupy YOUR fed gov. buildings?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 7:08pm
Judy Gilleland mandated the social security office build a new building, so the old building could be bought by the city of Middletown to have available for Cincinnati State, the old social security building, which they will use for HEP, who in turn, will store ethernet cables for the online program which downtown Middletown will host servers, which allows all students to remotely login into downtown Middletown, while taking classes at Cincinnati State, while never visiting Middletown. Obama also approved it, as part of his "stimulus" package.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

Judy Gilleland mandated the social security office build a new building, so the old building could be bought by the city of Middletown to have available for Cincinnati State, the old social security building, which they will use for HEP, who in turn, will store ethernet cables for the online program which downtown Middletown will host servers, which allows all students to remotely login into downtown Middletown, while taking classes at Cincinnati State, while never visiting Middletown. Obama also approved it, as part of his "stimulus" package.

Convenient scenario for the city.....

Still, IMO, a terrible waste of taxpayer money to build another building when the old one was acceptable. Let's see what kind of answer Boehner gives me on this in comparison to what you are stating. Since when did a city manager have enough clout to mandate the feds to do anything? Kinda above her pay grade, isn't it? I fail to understand how using taxpayer money to build a new building when leaving the old one vacant stimulates anything. Me thinks Obama is full of it on some of his stimulus ideas.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 9:36pm

Perhaps the old one was too BIG???  If so, the federal government (using “government logic”) would build a smaller one instead of just using less space in the one that they have!!!  LOL LOL LOL

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 9:56pm
I never understood why they left the old building on Manchester.  Why does a government office need to be moved to the area of (at that time) commercial growth?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2012 at 11:31pm
This Building Is Courtesy Of "Obama Stimulus Funds". 

Your Welcome. LOLLOLLOL

See If You Can Find it Here...

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

PacmanCool
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

This Building Is Courtesy Of "Obama Stimulus Funds". 
Your Welcome. LOLLOLLOLSee If You Can Find it Here...http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspxPacmanCool

Well, it looks like the school districts around the area got some money. Middletown schools got over 3 million. Also looks like the city of Middletown got their fair share too. Clicked on the map of projects in the area under grants in your area. Shows a cluster of projects on the east,northeast side by I-75. The other grant locations are sporadic across the map. A few private businesses collected as did Miami U. Didn't see anything about Social Security on this site. Dunno.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 8:24am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

I am anxious to hear what old John found out from your friends in Washington and how they will word the answer. Coley shoved it back Boehner's way at the fed level. Will it be in plain text and answer the question straight on (I think not) or, will it be some Washington political double-talk nonsense we all are accustomed to hearing from the bozos that occupy YOUR fed gov. buildings?

I'd vote for the latter. My son sent a letter to Mr. Boehner about job creation and growth as part of his work on the Citizenship in the Nation Merit Badge for Boy Scouts, and I told him not to expect a response back (since we do live in Middletown and Boehner can't seem to find anything north of West Chester with both hands and a map). He did get a response, and it was more disappointing to him than if he hadn't gotten anything. Not only did they misspell his name multiple times, but the response didn't even remotely address his letter. It was as if the staffers at the Washington office looked at the first paragraph my son wrote and said, "Oh, his letter says jobs, so send the jobs letter." Which was a four page propaganda piece bashing President Obama and the Democrats and how everything he is doing is all goodness and light.

It's too bad really, that the letter he got is one of the things that will help him form his opinions of the political process. It's a poor reflection of the system.
crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 2:00pm
I knew someone that worked on the Social Secruity building project and I too asked the quesion of...Why? It was explained to me that the government does not actually own those properties. They are actually funded and constructed by a private developer and then the government leases the buildings from said corporation.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by crazycatcher crazycatcher wrote:

I knew someone that worked on the Social Secruity building project and I too asked the quesion of...Why? It was explained to me that the government does not actually own those properties. They are actually funded and constructed by a private developer and then the government leases the buildings from said corporation.

Ok.......did the person offer a reason why the office would move from one location to another 100 yards away? It also looks like the new building was constructed not as a speculation building by the builder, but rather exclusively for the Social Security function.....IE custom built.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 11:11pm
MiddletownScouter,
Try writing and calling directing to Boehner's Local office.  I have always gotten quick reply.  And when I have called I have gotten a response in a day or two.

PACMANCool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic