FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clint Eastwood’s Critical Speech to the RNC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clint Eastwood’s Critical Speech to the RNC
    Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 2:46pm

Clint Eastwood was fun, funny and critical all in one speech. He talked about both domestic and foreign policy. His roles make him uniquely qualified to have a critical opinion.

He was fun right from the start with his opening sentence. “I know what you are thinking.” He didn’t say punk, but everyone heard it as he addressed an empty chair. Clearly a line from Dirty Harry, one of his trademark good guy films. He ended the fun with “Go Ahead” and the audience on cue said, “Make My Day.” He had the audience captured with his aura of rightness and indignation clearly in fun way.

Clint Eastwood was funny throughout his speech. Some of his funniest lines were, “I remember three and a half years ago, when Mr. Obama won the election. And though I was not a big supporter, I was watching that night when he was having that thing and they were talking about hope and change and they were talking about, yes we can, and it was dark outdoors, and it was nice, and people were lighting candles. They were saying, I just thought, this was great. Everybody is trying, Oprah was crying. I was even crying.”

His transition into crying about the 23 million unemployed was both funny and critical. That’s how humor works, sort of an ironic funny that really hits home.

Another funny thing was his remarks about the war in Afghanistan he said, “…you thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean — you thought that was something worth doing. We didn’t check with the Russians to see how did it — they did there for 10 years.” That’s one of those jokes that come from out of nowhere and all of a sudden Eastwood displays his director skills by gathering up data to make the role a success. Funny ironic and critical.

But my favorite joke was the one about Biden (Continued)

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 3:17pm
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 12:00am
The funniest part for me was when Clint made reference to Obama starting the war in Afganistan.  Last time I checked G.W.  was the Commander in Chief during the initiation of this war. 

Maybe it was Obama that wasted on that money on Lousiana and Alaska too?!??! 
Lebanonian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 1:42pm
Keep saying how good Clint was, maybe you will believe it.

I really got the impression that Romney and Ryan's wives were embarrassed and were tuning Eastwood out.

Nobody is really owning up to the idea.

It wasn't a good performance. It was a bit pathetic and quite rambling.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 8:41pm
Me,Myself and I believe that Clint best keep what he knows best and thats acting. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic