Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Monday, April 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown School Safety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown School Safety
    Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:40am
We are fortunate to have well-trained School Resource Officers and have a good working relationship with the Middletown Police Department. However, when you talk about school safety, you can not take anything for granted so we are [continued]
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:52am
Given the fact that we see daily, in the police briefs, that our police department is overtaxed as to manpower to crime ratio, and, because the schools incorporate a resource officer that could be used on the street, I would like to suggest using ex military personnel to man the schools. The ex military could be in the form of an ex Army Ranger or Navy SEAL, who already has the training in weapons, tactics and high stress/combative situations in confrontations with armed individuals. I realize that this may seem a bit stronghanded, perhaps this is what is needed to prevent/minimize the carnage we have seen too many times lately. Sometimes ya just gotta throw more force against the problem than what the problem can overcome......in the latest case, a 20 year old shooter of innocent kids and adults. Might mimimize the damage done until more manpower arrives on scene. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic