FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pacman's "vanishing" question:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacman's "vanishing" question:
    Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 10:08am
When I first read Pacman's last post under this "City Council" category, I could swear that he asked: "Why is the city interested in purchasing 4408 Roosevelt Blvd.?"

Here is what I know on the subject:

This is an interesting piece of property. On the south side of Roosevelt, east of Breiel.

http://propertysearch.butlercountyohio.org/butler/iDocs/DataletPhotoList.aspx?taxyear=2007&ownseq=1&roll=RP_OH&jur=&sIndex=0&idx=1&LMparent=20

In the above picture, you will see what appears to be a drainage swale peacefully meandering along the property line, and that is what this property owner had, BEFORE the CITY stepped in!!! After the city annexed this land, and business boomed much of the land area between Elliot Drive and Breiel, and From Grand Avenue to Roosevelt became developed and there was very little land surface left to absorb storm water. The City’s answer? Collect all the run-off from all of the roofs and parking lots, and direct it into a culvert under Roosevelt into this very same swale. Now look at THIS photo:

You can see the outlet of this new culvert emerging from under Roosevelt Blvd. at an angle and AIMING directly at the structures on this property. EVERY TIME there is a heavy storm, the tremendous surge of water from this culvert SHOOTS out of the swale, floods the shop building in the rear of the property, splashes back towards the house and floods the lower levels of the house.

Several years ago the owner went before city council seeking relief. The matter was “looked into” and LEGAL LOOPHOLE was found. It seems that the official “easement” to build the culvert (prepared by THE CITY) had never been signed and the culvert discharge structure drawing (prepared by THE CITY) had never been “approved” before THE CITY had it constructed. Therefore, THE CITY had no liability!!! Honest Dave’s ON-THE-RECORD comment was: Let’s wait until he HAS to sell it, buy it cheap, rezone it commercial, and sell it at a PROFIT! (Perhaps there’s a “BBQ Junction Drive-Thru” -- with a huge, illegal banner, of course -- in our fair city’s future???)

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 11:19am
I went and read the City's workbook for the meeting Mike and found the answer hence I removed the question.Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic