FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marion's Piazza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marion's Piazza
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:35pm
I found it interesting Marion's Piazza was the lead article on MUSA this morning.
I ate at their Centerville location last night and had leftovers for lunch today.
This is some of the best pizza available anywhere. Big%20smile
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:07am
When I first read that story, I wondered why Marion's did not open a store in our downtown Middletown arts and educational district.
Then it struck me.

The last school building levy cost the average family a pizza or two per month, the school operating levy cost a pizza or two, the MRDD levy cost us a pizza, the Mid-Pointe (formerly Middletown) Library levy cost us a pizza or two, the Public Safety income tax cost us a couple of pizzas, another pizza for the Senior Citizens, and we are about to lose another pizza or two for the new middle and high school building levy.

We Middletonians are lucky to be able to afford any pizza at all any more.

Besides, pizza shops are the only businesses that our Economic Development department seems to target, so there is way to much competition for our scarce pizza dollars.  (Just in the last couple of years they've brought in Cousin Vinnie's, Caesars Caesar's, and a new Marco's, and I think the much celebrated UDF sells pizza by the slice as well.)
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:34am
Since we're on the subject of pizza (and actually totally unimportant when compared to other topics here), just out of curiosity, would be interesting to find out which pizza chain does the most business here.....you could almost make comparisons with pizza costs/quality to define this town and it's buying power, couldn't you?

Discarding the coupon deals that may draw some to purchase pizza they normally don't buy and assuming paying full price......

Is it Cassano's (my favorite) which is more costly than most others? (how about places like Steffanos and the other "upscale" stores offering pizza?) Quite costly right?

Is it Marco's, Papa Johns, Donatos or LaRosas that most prefer?

Is it Dominos, Cousin Vinnys or Pizza Hut?

Or how about what I consider a bottom tier pizza.....Little Ceasars? ( is this pizza any better than your Tombstone, Red Baron frozen grocery store pizzas?) If Little Ceasars sells the most, we are, indeed, a very poor community.

Same principle with dollar menu purchases at McDonalds/Burger King, Wendys, etc. What part of their business is dollar menu selections versus main menu in this town?

Opinions?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 7:24am
I really like Marion's Pizza.
Same with Ron's in downtown Miamisburg and Cassano's in Middletown.
All similar style, since Ron, Marion and Vic were once partners in the original Cassano's.
Outside of Stefano's or Pomidori, the others are a few levels below imo
Though I prefer thin crust
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:26am
We usualy order Papajohns I think out of all the medium range pizza joints they have the freshest best tasting all around pizza hands down Thumbs%20Up if you order online you can get Papa points plus they will send you e-mail offers often, like the one we just got was 50% off the entire order of any regular priced items.What we do is save the points and then when they send a good offer we get the free papa points pizza (3 item large) and then take special offers lol ,leaves them shaking their heads.The subs and other menu items are allways good too.Now Iam hungry and its not even lunch time LOL

When Rallys first opened in Middletown my oldest played for their baseball team at Smith park so we tried it a few times but hadnt eaten there since my kids were small till recently and I dont know if its just me getting older but I had given up on the other burger joints in town (do they really use beef on their burgers? cause it sure dont taste like it and the texture is way off in my opinion) so we were out a few months ago and picked up some fast food burgers from rallys and its the only burgers in town that have real meat on them and they are inexpensive which my wife likes LOL
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

I really like Marion's Pizza.
Same with Ron's in downtown Miamisburg and Cassano's in Middletown.
All similar style, since Ron, Marion and Vic were once partners in the original Cassano's.
Outside of Stefano's or Pomidori, the others are a few levels below imo
Though I prefer thin crust

Gotta agree with you on Marions they are very good wish they had one in Middletown or a cicis,
Rons I never tried Is that the one that used to be at the shopping center?
And Cassanos I like but they seem too over priced for what you get.

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 3:06pm
Last weekend.. So good!

And they now take Credit Cards!

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by arwendt arwendt wrote:

Last weekend.. So good!

And they now take Credit Cards!

I can allmost taste that LOL
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 4:50pm
A new entry in this dining category is the Mellow Mushroom, which opened recently at the Union Center.

A small chain, I haven't tried this newest location (and the first location that I know of in our area) but my wife and I have eaten at their locations in Atlanta and Knoxville and they are very good.  Their mushroom soup is excellent!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:31pm
Looks a little like a Godfathers pizza.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:46pm
I miss the Godfather's Pizza we used to have here in town
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

I miss the Godfather's Pizza we used to have here in town

I believe they moved out of town shortly before we moved back in 1985. Godfathers use to be in an A-frame building that sat about where O-Charlies sits now. Believe after Godfather's moved out, a Mark Pi's chinese food place moved in. They didn't stay long either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic