FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prayer Request for Cancer Patient

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
momuv2indians View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prayer Request for Cancer Patient
    Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 4:18pm
Becky Perkins is 29 years old, originally from Middletown and now lives in Trenton with her long time boyfriend Joe and two children ages 10 and 2. Becky graduated from Middletown High School and attended Miami University. Before being diagnosed Becky was working full time and had just started nursing school in January.

Her Story:

Becky had been experiencing back pain for several weeks. She had gone to the ER and to her family doctor. They dismissed it as pulled muscles, etc. and prescribed pain relievers, anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers.

On Friday, Feb. 20, she was experiencing a sharp, stabbing pain in her back. She went to the ER. The doctor noticed that Becky's liver area was very tender. They ran a CT-scan and discovered spots on her liver and a mass in her breast. She had noticed the mass a few months ago and thought she would take care of it later. She was most concerned with the back pain.

After numerous tests, CT-scans, MRI's, x-ray's, they have diagnosed it as breast cancer that has spread to her liver, one lung, and her spine. The brain and heart are fine and the liver is functioning normally. There's one tumor on her spine very close to her spinal cord that they are very concerned about.

Becky was taken back to the ER yesterday and they admitted her due to an infection. She had treatments scheduled for today, however they have been cancelled which will set her back.

Her doctor's have said that she will get better but it is going to be a long process.(approx 8 months)

Becky is unable to work and Joe had his hours cut at work before Becky was diagnosed. Family & friends are planning a Benefit for Becky to help her with expenses. I will update you with those details when they are available. Thank You.

Please keep Becky in your prayers.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 5:38pm
I hear you!!!  It sounds like a sad and worthy case.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 6:00pm
I will add Becky to my prayers.

God Bless Becky and help her and her family in this time of need.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2009 at 11:04pm
Becky always remember GOD  loves you and he can heal you. Never give up the fight you can beat this. If you can please see Dr Malcolm he can help you. His number is 513-423-0504 He is the best in this erea. I know I am fighting cancer myself, he has really helped me. Put your faith in GOD and do what your Dr tells you to do. I will be praying for you, If you need to talk just call me at 513-217-7393 my name is Tom, GOD bless you.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2009 at 12:47pm
Thank You for your comments and prayers. I will let her know that you are thinking of her.

Impala SS-I wish you all the best with your treatment and a positive attitude like yours is exactly what we are encouraging for Becky!

Thank You
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 8:44am
Becky  was released from the hospital last night. She is very happy to be home.

She appreciates everyone's prayers and messages.

Becky still has a rough road ahead of her please keep her in your hearts and prayers.

Thank You
Go%20to%20Bottom%20of%20PageGo%20to%20Top%20of%20Page
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 5:38pm
Momuv:
Please keep us advised about the benefit.
Thank you.
MP
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2009 at 8:34pm
Thanks for the updates mom.

We will continue to pray for Becky.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 7:12am
Mom;    I went to the Dr on Monday for my c t scan. I am very happy to say my Dr told me I am very lucky. The scan showed NO CANCER in my body at all. So tell Becky she can do the same. Tell her to put her love and faith in God, he will cure her to just like he did me. We are praying very long and hard for Becky,remember she can call me anytime God bless you.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 3:33pm

Impala SS- I am so happy to hear of your great news, unfortunatly Becky was given bad news this week, Cancer was found in her lymph nodes. Becky's  oncologist is  Dr. Malcom also. I will share your good fortune with her.Smile

Everyone,
We are firming up the details on her benefit and I will share the information with all of you soon.
In the mean time we are planning a garage sale during Trenton Community Garage Sales to Benefit Becky. If anyone has any sellable items they would like to donate please send me a message. Thank You!
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 3:37pm
You may log in on her web site and leave her messages too.
She does check it often.

Thank You!!
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 5:10am
Mom;   If you will call me and give me Becky,s phone number, I will call and check on her and talk with her? I will try to cheer her up some. Some times it helps to talk about cancer, how the treatments are going. I know it helped me to talk about it. May God bless.       Tom
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 9:38am
Becky's Benefit will be Saturday July 25th at The Elks at 6475 Trenton-Franklin Road, Middletown. Please save the date on your calender.

Activities will be:

Food
Basket Raffles
Silent Auction
Cornhole Tournament $10 Single $15 Couple
Fishing Derby for Kids 3-12
Live Band/DJ/ & Comedian
Other kids  activities

If your business would be interested in donating a raffle item please contact me.

Please join us for a good time and a great cause!
Please help us spread the word. We are putting together a flier and I will post it when it is ready. Thanks!

Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 2:54pm
Mom   Just wondering how Becky is doing?  Have not heard for a few days . I am doing well let me know about Becky.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:22pm
Becky is doing well, she has been able to get out of the house and run a few errands.
The other day she was even going through her closets to prepare for the Garage Sale!
Becky has been upset about her hair loss, but recently got a wig and I think she feels a little better about it. (I hope she don't kill me for mentioning this!)

So happy you are doing well Impala you have been in our thoughts and prayers also.

We (the family) have been working on the Garage Sale & the Benefit.
Again, if you have anything to donate:

We are seeking many forms of donations: monetary, food, beverages, gift certificates, raffle and auction items.

Thanks Again!

Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 7:15am
Momuv:   How is Becky now?  I hope she is doing much better, tell her to fight fight never give up. I went to the doctor last friday and be found another lump in my neck. So he checked the size of it and said we will check it again in 2 weeks. So Iam in fighting mode again, never to give up. Please keep me informed about Becky. I think you are so wonderful to help Becky like you are, may GOD be with you and help you.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 9:27am

She is hanging in there. having a lot of indegestion from the treatments. She Had a very long day of treatment on Monday.

Stress with financial issues and her insurance expiring soon is getting to her- as if she doesn't have enough to worry about.
Impala-sorry to hear about the lump in your neck. Keep up the fight! We will continue to pray for you as well.

We have collected quite a bit of stuff for the Garage Sale and we will be selling food & drinks. The Garage Sale will be at -416 Peyton Drive in Trenton near Skateway. Friday May 15- 17th. Please stop by and help support Becky!!
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 11:57pm
Momuv:    I am trying to get a computer donated for either the benefit or the yard sale, which ever you want to use it for. I am going to try to get a real nice one. You can let me know which one you want to use it for. Please tell Becky to hang in there and fight like hell. Tell her to get all the rest she can get, I know it wears you out real fast. We are praying every day that she gets better. All my love and GODS LOVE goes out to her. If you want you can call me at 513- 217- 7393.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 2:20pm
Becky had testing done on Friday to see the progress of the chemo & experimental drugs and recieved some Great News!

The cancer on her liver, breast, and spine has reduced by about 50%!!

We are so happy for her it's not over with yet but this a great start!

Our Garage Sale to Benefit Becky is this weekend please stop by

416 Peyton Drive trenton
Near Skateway & the Park

We will be open Fri May 15- Sun May 17th all day

We have tons of nice things that have been donated.
 Clothing &  shoes of ALL sizes, toys, books,household items, furniture, holiday items, antiques, porcelin dolls, beanie babies,appliances two stoves and a deep freezer kitchen table and also two extra sets of chairs w/out tables. We have a TON of stuff I can't name it all.

We will also have dunkin donuts, drinks and other goodies for sale.

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 2:25pm
Also if anyone would like to donate baked goods, drinks for the sale-please contact me.
We appreciate all your help and prayers!
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 7:44pm
momuv   if you have any hot wheels in the toys will you save them for me please?
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 1:46am
Mom>>>>>     I went to the hospital tuesday and had a pep scan, my cancer is back it is on the other side of my neck and shoulder now. I am waiting to hear from the Dr to see what we do now. They are talking about strong treatment, but I will beat it again, I will never give up.T ell Becky to hang in there we are praying day and night for her. Tell her she can beat this just ask God for help. I will try to come over Friday if I can. God bless you, you are a wonderful person.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 9:31am
Impala-Can't remember if we have hot wheels, but I will save them if we do. Sorry to hear of your test results. I have faith in Dr. Malcom, you are in the right hands. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day as well. Becky was looking forward to today because this is about when she can taste her food again after Monday's treatments.

Hope to see some of you there!
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:04am
momuv >>>    How did the sale go? Great I hope,I prayed you would make lots of money. I hope my prayers came true. Hows Becky doing I got to talk with her for a few, she is a very nice young lady and she is going to make it she has a lot of will power. Talk to you later everyone have a safe holiday weekend.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momuv2indians Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 3:37pm
The Sale went great! A big thank you to all who donated!

Now we will be getting back  to work on the "Grand Benefit" for Becky.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic