Print Page | Close Window

New Appointment Admin Position

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: City Manager
Forum Description: Discuss the city manager administration including all city departments.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6039
Printed Date: Apr 28 2024 at 12:04pm

Topic: New Appointment Admin Position
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: New Appointment Admin Position
Date Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 11:53am
From the City of Middletown workbook....

TO: Doug Adkins, City Manager
SUBJECT: APPOINTMENT – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We are recommending the appointment of JAMIE NICOLE CLARK to the position of
Administrative Assistant in the Department of Public Works & Utilities, Division of
Administration. Ms. Clark is currently employed as a Secretary III in the department. She
was interviewed and selected by Scott Tadych, Public Works & Utilities Director. She will
replace Michelle Evans who was appointed to Contracts Administrator.
Ms. Clark will be assigned to Salary Range 187, Step E, which provides a salary of
$1,584.16 bi-weekly, $41,188.16 annually. The effective date of the appointment is March
18, 2015.
/ks

Anyone think the $41 thou salary is a tad bit over the top for this position? Check out the drivel that is the various committee meeting notes. Comical and rubber stamped to the hilt.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Replies:
Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 1:13pm
Hard to comprehend how taxpayers tolerate the waste of the city and Butler Cty. The 're-imagination' rubbage just is a slogan, not an action otem.

The pay per hr for the admin assistant referenced is $19.80 an hour, plus benefits. That's a secretary which would make about 10.00 at a temp agency with same experience.

Betsy Parr acting as secretary for all those superb council members retired making nearly 70,000 annually. Time to rethink....pardon me, 're-imagine' the city payscale.

Water and utilities hell of a cash cow.  

-------------
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill

Posted By: Bill
Date Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 3:06pm
The large company I work for maxs out support level staff at about $40,000.  And that's usually a level for employees of at least 20-25 years with the company.

Congratulations Ms. Clark, welcome to Easy Street -- no big pressure, no fear of layoff, and a starring role in holiday videos on city time!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 3:26pm
Just as a side note for accuracy....

The memo to Adkins gives the title for Noah Powers III as Asst. Law Director.

I thought Noah Powers III was the manager of HR in past memos. Either the memo has a major typo or he transitioned from the HR dept to the law dept in record time.....and probably without a law degree.

Only in the city building.....

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window