FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Appointment Admin Position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Appointment Admin Position
    Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 11:53am
From the City of Middletown workbook....

TO: Doug Adkins, City Manager
SUBJECT: APPOINTMENT – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We are recommending the appointment of JAMIE NICOLE CLARK to the position of
Administrative Assistant in the Department of Public Works & Utilities, Division of
Administration. Ms. Clark is currently employed as a Secretary III in the department. She
was interviewed and selected by Scott Tadych, Public Works & Utilities Director. She will
replace Michelle Evans who was appointed to Contracts Administrator.
Ms. Clark will be assigned to Salary Range 187, Step E, which provides a salary of
$1,584.16 bi-weekly, $41,188.16 annually. The effective date of the appointment is March
18, 2015.
/ks

Anyone think the $41 thou salary is a tad bit over the top for this position? Check out the drivel that is the various committee meeting notes. Comical and rubber stamped to the hilt.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 1:13pm
Hard to comprehend how taxpayers tolerate the waste of the city and Butler Cty. The 're-imagination' rubbage just is a slogan, not an action otem.

The pay per hr for the admin assistant referenced is $19.80 an hour, plus benefits. That's a secretary which would make about 10.00 at a temp agency with same experience.

Betsy Parr acting as secretary for all those superb council members retired making nearly 70,000 annually. Time to rethink....pardon me, 're-imagine' the city payscale.

Water and utilities hell of a cash cow.  
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 3:06pm
The large company I work for maxs out support level staff at about $40,000.  And that's usually a level for employees of at least 20-25 years with the company.

Congratulations Ms. Clark, welcome to Easy Street -- no big pressure, no fear of layoff, and a starring role in holiday videos on city time!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2015 at 3:26pm
Just as a side note for accuracy....

The memo to Adkins gives the title for Noah Powers III as Asst. Law Director.

I thought Noah Powers III was the manager of HR in past memos. Either the memo has a major typo or he transitioned from the HR dept to the law dept in record time.....and probably without a law degree.

Only in the city building.....
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic