Print Page | Close Window

I-75/RT 122 Gas Station

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: Economic Development
Forum Description: Local government efforts to develop the local Middletown area economy.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6274
Printed Date: Apr 30 2024 at 11:05pm

Topic: I-75/RT 122 Gas Station
Posted By: 409
Subject: I-75/RT 122 Gas Station
Date Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 3:53pm
MJ:
$2M gas station, restaurant development coming to Middletown I-75 exit

MIDDLETOWN —
A new $2 million gas station and restaurant development is scheduled to open later this year just off Ohio 122 and Interstate 75.

The 6,000-square-foot building will include a BP gas station with a self-serve frozen yogurt station, upscale coffee bar, assorted food and beverage options and a large beer cave. Approximately 1,200 square feet of the building will be leased to Subway.

The development also will feature an outdoor dining area.

Middletown Planning Commission unanimously approved the project last Wednesday.

Lenny Robinson, president of Robinson Commercial Real Estate, which represented regional retailer and gas station/convenience store operator MNR Oil on the sale of the property and development of the station, said bids will be received in March and construction should get underway shortly thereafter, weather permitting.

The gas station and restaurant are expected to open by late summer, he said.

Various issues presented a challenge to the project, which city officials helped make a reality, Robinson said.

“(City Manager) Doug Adkins stepped in and said ‘We want to make this project happen. It’s important for the city,’” he said. “We worked very closely with Doug and his staff to get to this point.”

Of the nine interchanges between Interstate 675 and Interstate 275, Middletown was the only one with no gas station, Robinson said. Two gas stations that were previously at the site were removed as part of the Ohio Department of Transportation’s work to upgrade the interchange in 2009, he said.

“Atrium Medical Center being the second largest employer and AK Steel’s new research center along with the hundreds of other employees on the east end as well as all of the residents who use this interchange everyday will appreciate having this station and restaurant here,” Robinson said.

Of the four acres that once was home to a gas station and miniature golf course, about 2.75 acres remain available for development.

MNR Oil’s plans for the site “can only help increase the demand for interchange sites here,” Robinson said.

-------------
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Replies:
Posted By: acclaro
Date Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 6:10pm
Yawn.

-------------
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill

Posted By: John Beagle
Date Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 4:17pm
I for one am glad he finally sold his old putt putt golf course to a gas station. We need one on that side of I-75 and it should do really well.

-------------
http://www.johnbeagle.com/" rel="nofollow - John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.

Posted By: middletownscouter
Date Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 8:40am
Agreed, it does seem odd that we've gone this long without a gas station right at I-75 and 122 ever since they tore out the old BP and Duke & Duchess stations that were previously there before they did all the construction at the interchange.

Posted By: Vivian Moon
Date Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 12:15pm
If you remember Lenny Robinson had a great many problems with Miss Judy and Marty Kohler concering his property in this area. Lenny had to take City Hall to court..and he won.
I think this is a really attractive building and should do really well in this area.

Posted By: 409
Date Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 12:49pm

-------------
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Posted By: Mike_Presta
Date Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 5:22pm
Kohler wouldn't allow gas stations at the interchange. He thought they were too "tacky" for the front door of our quaint village.

-------------
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012

Posted By: Justsayin
Date Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 8:09pm
Judy and Marty stopped Nick Patel from building this station for almost 2 years.  

Print Page | Close Window