FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-75/RT 122 Gas Station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I-75/RT 122 Gas Station
    Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 3:53pm
MJ:
$2M gas station, restaurant development coming to Middletown I-75 exit

MIDDLETOWN —
A new $2 million gas station and restaurant development is scheduled to open later this year just off Ohio 122 and Interstate 75.

The 6,000-square-foot building will include a BP gas station with a self-serve frozen yogurt station, upscale coffee bar, assorted food and beverage options and a large beer cave. Approximately 1,200 square feet of the building will be leased to Subway.

The development also will feature an outdoor dining area.

Middletown Planning Commission unanimously approved the project last Wednesday.

Lenny Robinson, president of Robinson Commercial Real Estate, which represented regional retailer and gas station/convenience store operator MNR Oil on the sale of the property and development of the station, said bids will be received in March and construction should get underway shortly thereafter, weather permitting.

The gas station and restaurant are expected to open by late summer, he said.

Various issues presented a challenge to the project, which city officials helped make a reality, Robinson said.

“(City Manager) Doug Adkins stepped in and said ‘We want to make this project happen. It’s important for the city,’” he said. “We worked very closely with Doug and his staff to get to this point.”

Of the nine interchanges between Interstate 675 and Interstate 275, Middletown was the only one with no gas station, Robinson said. Two gas stations that were previously at the site were removed as part of the Ohio Department of Transportation’s work to upgrade the interchange in 2009, he said.

“Atrium Medical Center being the second largest employer and AK Steel’s new research center along with the hundreds of other employees on the east end as well as all of the residents who use this interchange everyday will appreciate having this station and restaurant here,” Robinson said.

Of the four acres that once was home to a gas station and miniature golf course, about 2.75 acres remain available for development.

MNR Oil’s plans for the site “can only help increase the demand for interchange sites here,” Robinson said.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 6:10pm
Yawn.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2016 at 4:17pm
I for one am glad he finally sold his old putt putt golf course to a gas station. We need one on that side of I-75 and it should do really well.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 8:40am
Agreed, it does seem odd that we've gone this long without a gas station right at I-75 and 122 ever since they tore out the old BP and Duke & Duchess stations that were previously there before they did all the construction at the interchange.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 12:15pm
If you remember Lenny Robinson had a great many problems with Miss Judy and Marty Kohler concering his property in this area. Lenny had to take City Hall to court..and he won.
I think this is a really attractive building and should do really well in this area.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2016 at 12:49pm
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 5:22pm
Kohler wouldn't allow gas stations at the interchange. He thought they were too "tacky" for the front door of our quaint village.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Justsayin View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justsayin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2016 at 8:09pm
Judy and Marty stopped Nick Patel from building this station for almost 2 years.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic