Print Page | Close Window

City at it again

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Government
Forum Name: Economic Development
Forum Description: Local government efforts to develop the local Middletown area economy.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6346
Printed Date: Apr 29 2024 at 2:27am

Topic: City at it again
Posted By: Justsayin
Subject: City at it again
Date Posted: Jun 23 2016 at 8:51pm
It seems the city's economic undevelopment dept. is at it again. Matt Eisenbraun
Assistant Economic Development Director is looking to boot the Start Skydiving company out of Middletown.  What has this guy actually developed in this town.  One of the companies that have spent a fortune in this town is getting the cold shoulder from the city.  What a shame this guy is still here.  When Start Skydiving leaves, you can kiss a lot of things good things goodbye.  Doug Atkins, you should look at your staff and evaluate them.  I noticed there were two assistant economic directors to the economic director.  Maybe they should stop directing and get off their A$$es and do something positive.  Better yet, leave!

Replies:
Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 10:31pm
And what did Start do to earn the wrath of the city? Thought they were a money generator here and a key part of the airport operations. What "friend of the city" needs Start's area at the airport. Special friends of the city projects are usually the cause to disrupt a perfectly functioning business already in place or some influential friend of the city has something against the operation.The city keeps this type of information away from the people. Always have.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Posted By: middielover
Date Posted: Jun 25 2016 at 10:19pm
Isn't the owner Start a convict?

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jun 26 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by middielover middielover wrote:

Isn't the owner Start a convict?

Thought that was the Hogan Air owner that went to prison.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Posted By: middielover
Date Posted: Jun 26 2016 at 8:32pm
Nope

Start owner went to federal prison for tax fraud.

Posted By: spiderjohn
Date Posted: Jun 27 2016 at 8:27am
admin seems to love/hate/love/hate Mr.Hart
loves him when they need skydivers for an event or when he throws his most excellent annual party
loves him when he adds activities and improves the airport
he is always willing to step up
hates him when he doesn't fit in to their plan of the month

i have met him--very friendly and co-operative
did a lot of business with him when he had events benefitting the airport city and his business
his "crime" wasn't earth-shattering(payroll tax evasion?) and he paid the price

I'm sure that other local airports would be glad to have his activities business and him

I see it as our loss.....

Posted By: swohio75
Date Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 11:51am
http://citymanagermiddletown.com/2016/06/28/airport-update/" rel="nofollow - https://citymanagermiddletown.com/2016/06/28/airport-update/

Posted By: StartSkydiving
Date Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 3:39pm
Start Skydiving is committed to being an economic development partner with the City of Middletown. We love this community and City Government has assured us that they want Start Skydiving to be part of Middletown. We are not withdrawing as a Primary Sponsor of the Ohio Challenge, we will continue to support the dozens of Middletown charities that annually ask for our support, we will continue to support our nations wounded veterans through the Team Fastrax Warrior Weekend to Remember and we will support the City Government and citizens of Middletown when they ask for help.

Our goal has always been to improve the lives of everyone we come in contact with. The City and Start Skydiving are working hard to bring opportunities to Middletown and we will continue to forge forward as partners.

Blue Skies from your friends at Start Skydiving.

Posted By: da120757
Date Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 7:40pm
Thank you Start Skydiving you have always been there for the Middletown Memorial Day Association on Memorial and for another Organization I am with.  I hope you continue to grow your business here..

Print Page | Close Window