FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Much For Listening To The People

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Much For Listening To The People
    Posted: Feb 10 2020 at 8:02pm
Looks like council has approved $600,000 bucks to buy the old Middletown High School, Jefferson school and another property in town for future development in the Oakland area. How many times do we have to see the city in the real estate business, bs the public about being successful in selling the properties and, in the end, literally giving the property away for little to nothing. Does the Manchester Hotel and what played out there ring a bell with anyone? How about the old Rose Furniture building? Oh, and the Goetz Tower as well. This city doesn't know how to successfully market a property to the private sector. Hasn't demonstrated it as yet. This city loves to take on white elephant properties with no hope of success. Let the private sector determine what properties are worth, what properties can be marketed as and determine how successful they will be. Even that doesn't work at times. Look at the old library on 1st Ave. The guy who bought that had great pipe dreams with a brewery, meeting rooms and more, but has yet to get started after purchasing the property years ago. What's the holdup? How about the failed promises from Grau and the Manchester. This deal between Grau and the city has been a total failure from day one.

Condrey, as mayor, is off to a bad start on this. I voted for her expecting the start on a different path and focus. I was happy with Larry Mulligan out of the picture after 12 years of futility. I expect this public exclusion thinking from worthless, do nothing Joe Mulligan. He is like the rest as he sits there behind the council desk acting like he is listening to the concerns of the people when, in actuality, is dozing off with his eyes open. Just another city clown with the city agenda as the operational bible. The people's opinions don't matter to this city government. Never did. I would expect the newcomers on council to have some individual thinking capacity and not imitate the status quo. Maybe provide a different prospective. Vitori and Nenni, along with Condrey should show some interest in the opinions of the people. Apparently not, as we have yet another rubber stamp vote on approval. Nothing has changed with the change in council makeup. It's the same old song and the same old beat since the old guard has gone. This city will never improve operations if it keeps repeating failed ways. (same goes for the schools by the way) When will they ever learn?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2020 at 8:28am
I believe that Mayor Condrey was the only vote against this deal
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2020 at 11:08pm
She was indeed the lone 'no' vote.

I'm with Vet - new faces - same old, same old.

This city needs to reject the current charter and replace the manager with a strong Mayor...then elect the right Mayor.

Sometimes I think my idea to split Middletown into two localities makes the most sense!
"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."—Henry David Thoreau
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic