FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What a difference...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:50am
Mike after reading this a few times I think Go Buckeyes is saying that Marconi is the one that is all knowing about the HUD Mess and encouraged the lawsuit.  Not sure, but the first time I read it like you did, that he was talking about you.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:49am

Mr. Presta -

My comments were directed 100% towards Mr. Marconi and not at all towards you.  It's Mr. Marconi who now is doing an olympics gold medal performance in political backflips!

Mr. Presta, you're always a breath of fresh air.  Your commentary is ALWAYS right on the button.  Keep up the good work!  As for Mr. Marconi, you can't have it both ways Tony!

Go Bucks!

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:39am
Once again Mr. Marconi is ill-informed!! (Or perhaps he has "mis-communicated" to you.)

Most of what I know about "the HUD mess" I either read right on this very board, OR by being copied on the VERY SAME EMAILS to which Mr. Marconi WAS COPIED!!  I have been to absolutely NO clandestine meetings, as Mr. Marconi and other "elected officials" are reported to have been (with numerous participants, including local realtors and HUD officials.)  I CERTAINLY have NOT been involved in any City Hall meetings regarding HUD, CBDG, nor any of the other "alphabet" housing programs being run in our city and regularly attended by "elected officials."  I do believe that this WOULD make Mr. Marconi, and probably others, better informed on "the HUD MESS" than I am.   Of course, Mr. Marconi may disagree, and he is entitled to his opinion...even if IT IS WRONG!!

Next, I did NOT "encourage" ANYONE to file a lawsuit.  IF I want a lawsuit filed, I am perfectly capable of filing it myself, and will not hesitate to do so if I feel that the citizens of Middletown will benefit.  I did, however, comment to a "fomer city employee" about the attorney that he had selected WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT FROM ME, and without my prior knowledge!! 

I would be pleased to discuss these issues, or any "public business", with Mr. Marconi, or any other elected, appointed, or employed public official at any time ON AN EQUAL BASIS.  I will NOT engage them as a citizen while they have a "bully pulpit" where they make the rules for the discussion and I cannot respond from equal footing.

Regarding your comment about "compliments" and being "contradictory", you will have to be a little more specific, please.  We must have very different ideas of what "compliments" are, but if you will be so kind as to point out exactly where you think that I was "handing them out", I will do my very best to either explain why they were NOT compliments, or to retract them!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 6:28am

Yesterdays meeting was even better Mike during Council Comments:

5-19-09 Armbruster: "No Comments"

5-19-09 Marconi: "No Comments"

5-19-09 Schiavone: "No Comments"

5-19-09 Becker: "No Comments"

Since they had no comments they could of at least taken some time to acknowledge and answer the questions of the Citizens who came before them, rather than give them the, "Get the Hell outta here stare."

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 9:16pm

Mr. Marconi -- stated the news media is doom and gloom sometimes, talking about the economic meltdown. There is no economic doom in the City. Planning staff is assisting with five home purchases in the City. People are moving into Middletown. During the month of February, twenty-two home owners have been helped in the City.

Mr. Marconi -- a close and respected friend of mine tells me that you know the most about the HUD mess in Middletown of any elected official.  They tell me that you encouraged a former employee to file a lawsuit and to inform HUD officials in D.C. about the sorry state of affairs here.

Now, you are handing out compliments to the very people that you wanted removed from our City Hall.  Kind of contradictory isn't it??

Go Bucks!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2009 at 8:20pm
What a difference a month makes (and a year)!!!

Council comments, 3/18/08:

Mr. Marconi -- stated the news media is doom and gloom sometimes, talking about the economic meltdown. There is no economic doom in the City. Planning staff is assisting with five home purchases in the City. People are moving into Middletown. During the month of February, twenty-two home owners have been helped in the City.

Council comments, 4/18/08:

Mr. Schiavone -- Looking at the quarterly that he received right before the meeting, we don’t have any extra money. We are already in a deficit . . Mr. Schiavone said we are putting a lot of time into the financials this year to make sure we address on a monthly basis what’s going on. In the CIP Fund, the $1.8 million is a drop in a bucket for a city of this size. We don’t have any extra money. If you cut from one area, it’s a domino effect. Additional revenue is the only thing that will get us out of this dilemma.

Mr. Becker – Said he is very concerned about the budget.

Mayor Mulligan Talked about the good things that are going on in the City. Our financial condition needs to be kept in mind. There is some important work ahead of the Financial Committee. There is no extra money in the budget.

Mr. Marconi – He just enjoys walking his dog.

Mr. Armbruster – He encouraged people to come to Smith Park and walk around the track at least one time.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic