FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What a difference...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:27am

Nick
And then we have the Middletown Cemetery Perpetual Care Fund that the City can’t seems to find.  However I bet they will find it for the State of
Ohio
Ms. Gilleland & City Council, please tell us where these funds can be found?

Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:31am
Mr. Kidd -

Keep up the good fight.  I'm told that the people on the inside are fearful of people like you, Mike, Paul, Viet Vet, Tom, Vivian, etc.  Hold the stinky bureaucrats feet to the fire!  Good government can return to our city.  Your efforts are not in vain.  Thank you!

Go Bucks!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 9:46am
I have to say, you guys are opening my eyes to many things I had no idea about. You just don't find good discussions about Middletown elseware. (If they do exist, they are hard to find since there is so much BS on other forums).

Thanks for keeping the community informed.
Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 10:16am
A close friend of mine tells me that the local print media knows all about the abuses of HUD funds.  For whatever reasons he refuses to print anything.

Go Bucks!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by Jonathan Haller Jonathan Haller wrote:

I have to say, you guys are opening my eyes to many things I had no idea about. You just don't find good discussions about Middletown elsewhere. (If they do exist, they are hard to find since there is so much BS on other forums).
Mr. Haller: Thank you!!!

You are correct. When we tried to have similar discussions on other web sites, either they were shut down or we were not allowed to post.

Other forums allow “good news” and propaganda ONLY!

If one wants to clean or paint or polish, there are plenty of places where one can go to be told what to do and how to do it and that’s a good thing. But does anyone really believe that a fresh coat of paint and some lipstick will create a new Middletown? Are “style” and “symbolism” really the things that landed our fair city at #1 on the Forbes’ List of fastest dying Cities (under 100,00 pop.)?

In order to SOLVE our problems we first have to admit that we have some, then identify those problems, determine what caused them, solve them, and put measures in place to assure that they do not recur! Middletown’s city hall wants to hear none of this.

MiddletownUSA’s Forum is becoming “THE” place for the free and open discussions necessary if there is to be any hope of stopping the decline of our city.

We true “Middletonians” (both native and newcomer) thank you for that!

And we wonder what can be done to increase readership. Other than word-of-mouth (or, in today’s world, perhaps it is “word-of-web”) how is one able to learn of this site? As you commented above regarding other sites, this site is also “hard to find”!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 7:13pm
Maybe we kick in a few bucks and take out an ad on the MJ website....ah maybe on the opinion and blog page.Big%20smile
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic