FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VETERANS FORGOTTEN AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VETERANS FORGOTTEN AGAIN
    Posted: May 23 2009 at 5:11am
Ms Gilleland & City Council

SHAME ON YOU….I was assured by the City that the Middletown Cemetery would be ready for Memorial Day.…another broken promise.  
You have one cemetery to take care of and you can’t even manage to get it ready for Memorial Day. The beds have not been weeded, beds have not been mulched, flowers have not been planted, and the trash cans are running over. So again this year I get to spend the entire Memorial Day weekend working at the cemetery. I will take photos of all the above conditions and make them public this year.
    So PLEASE tell me again how much you really care about this cemetery.
PLEASE tell me again how much you respect the 233 veterans that are buried in this cemetery.
    Look me in the eye again and tell me that you just don’t understand why I’m so angry. Ask me and I will be glad to tell you where to put your MIDDLETOWN PRIDE!   

Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 5:31am
Miss Vivian -

You are the Pride of Middletown too!

A NOTE FROM A CLOSE & INFORMED FRIEND ABOUT CITY HALL..............

"I know a little something about the status of available HUD funds at One Donham Plaza and those in charge need to re-check the account balances of their recently expanded HUD programs.  They have ample money to repair the vault and to properly restore the burial place of Middletown's fallen heroes and founders!  To say that $11,000 is all that "SHE" will give is an insult to all of us!  That's less than what is annually contributed by taxpayer's funds on her behalf for pension purposes!"

Go Bucks!

retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 7:57am
I was appalled at the appearence of part of Woodside I went with my wife too her sisters grave. She commented about the grass I looked around and saw no one had mowed the grass it was at least a week or longer since the last cutting. I will say that all the flowers placed by loved ones were beautiful and you cold see they were placed with loving memories. Its a shame the grass wasn't mowed it would have been so beautiful and respectful to all the deceased.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:49am
If  Ann Mort is such a shaker and mover why dont she prove it? Get off her *** *** and do something right for once, get the Middletown cemetery restored like it should be. Or does she not have any respect for dead either. Ann show us your so called clout in this town once and for all...................
Thomas Rapp
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:58am
way out of line Impala 

Mrs.Mort ain't the answer to erverything or anything.
Just a piece in the puzzle.

Ever try being nice to her, complimenting something she has worked on that you appreciated, or actually helping her on a project?

It won't kill you, you might enjoy it, and also realize that the lady is a very decent human being

jmo--if you disagree let me hear it.

we HAVE to break down the division in this community.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 10:32am
Vivian- were you able to receive an explanation from Ms. Gilleland about why the cemetery wasn't ready for Memorial Day as promised? Would be interesting to hear the reason for the empty words from the city. LET'S EMPTY AND REPLACE THOSE COUNCIL SEATS IN NOVEMBER AND START WORK ON CUTTING OUT THE DEADWOOD AT ONE DONHAM PLAZA! The sooner we do, the sooner we can start working on changing the direction of this town.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:30pm
Spider               I have helped people in this city since day one that i moved to this city. I have taken care of people with aids for over 20 years, I have taken them into my home when no one would help them at all I have held babies when they passed on. I never ask for one dam dime for being up 24-7 7days a week to take care of those people. I do not gloat around town the things I have done for people and I dont do it to put a feather in my cap like so many in this town. If you want to talk more I will meet you at your store. One thing people can say about me is I DO NOT belong to the good old boys club.........
General Patton View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:33pm
Historic Neglected Pioneer Cemetery Commentary - I Like Ike

By Ike

May 25, 2009 2:54 AM | Link to this

Come on (deleted). The city is forcing its' residents in these economic times to repair their properties are they not? They are soon to start in on businesses. If the Local press, that be you (deleted), would hold a fire to the feet of City Officials I would imagine that much could be done to improve Middletown. But as usual when it comes to the local press they are usaully not to be seen. You know (deleted): 1) Section 8 2) Poverty 3) Education 4) socieconomic imbalance 5) Infrastructure 6) HUD Funds Fiasco 7) Cemetery Issue 8) Other City Properties which are in direpair that the City ignores. 9) Cities lack of 2 way communication with its residents Gee Ed there are at least 12-18 months od stories there. But the Journal prefers the spoon fed Press Releases that it writes.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:42pm
You are a good man and a truth-teller Impala SS.  Keep on keeping on!  God bless and keep you!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 6:43pm
VietVet
I informed the City in February that I would not be able to care for the cemetery this year.
The first of May I received an email from Ron Phelps and he stated that Ken Cohen and about 20 helper would come to the cemetery Saturday May 16th and get it ready for Memorial Day. However it rained that Saturday and they could not come until May 30th.
I never heard another word from the City....
It takes me about 6 weeks every year to get the cemetery ready for Memorial Day.
I called for three days last week and could even get the trash cans emptied this year.
The cemetery was a mess....the Veterans were forgotten again by the City.

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 7:45pm
Court martial the double-speak, hypocritical bureaucrats at City Hall in November Miss Vivian!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:55pm
Vivian....I rode through the Pioneer Cemetary this evening and was greeted at the gate by the overflowing trash cans. Unbelieveable! We need to rid the city of the Gypsies and their shell games at the city building. November should be interesting!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 11:45pm
Dump the Pioneer Cemetery trash in the front yard of the Queen of Middletown!
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 8:26am
Someone must have read my posting about Woodside not being mowed because Monday afternoon they were mowing. A little too late for all the ceremonies I'd say and for the families to pay respect to their departed loved ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic