FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News From Paul Nagy About MMF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: News From Paul Nagy About MMF
    Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 9:25am
Mr. Paul Nagy sent me this information and asked me to share it with the readers of MiddletownUSA.com

History of MMF Document

History and Implications of the Original Moving Middletown Forward Document

On March 4, 2009 a package was left for me at the receptionist’s desk at the City Managers Office.  I did not pick it up until 2 or 3 days later when I had an appointment with the City Manager.  While I was waiting for that appointment I sat down near the literature rack in the corner of the room.  I looked at various materials in the rack and then came upon the document entitled “Moving Middletown Forward Committee”.  I read the article and was totally shocked about what I was reading in the city building just outside of Mike Robinette’s office. There were three copies and I took them all and put them in my bag with some other materials.  That is the source of the original document and I am ready to testify under oath that it is so.

I wanted to get a public reaction about this document in order to gauge if others found it as serious as I did. So I decided to post it on Middletownusa.  So I asked the one who posts on this blog sight under the name of Impala if he would post it. He agreed to do so. Then other bloggers began to react. They immediately saw the improprieties, manipulativeness and perhaps the illegalities of the document, its creators, supporters and practitioners.  They had come to the same conclusions and more than I had.  Due to certain personal circumstances I could not make the source of the document known until now.

Upon research with the Secretary of States Office it was discovered that our city Law Director was the Statutory Agent for a non-profit Community Investment Corporation named MIDDLETOWN MOVING FORWARD, INC. filed June 7, 2005.  The purpose for which the corporation is formed is to advance, encourage and promote the industrial, economic commercial and civic development of the City of Middletown and the greater Middletown area.  That’s quite ambitious but someone has to do it.

Those who are listed as its initial Directors are: Alan McCoy, Doug McNeil and Ken Cohen. Additional members were Greg Martin, Mike Dickerson, William Triick, Noah Powers,  Bill Becker, Perry Thatcher and David Duritsch.  Since then, other names have been added, such as, Mayor Larry P. Mulligan Jr., Judith A. Gilliland (City Manager) Fred De Biasi,  Tony Marconi (City Council) Bill Murphy (Former economic Developer) and now, Mike Robintte our current economic Development Director and  others both on and off of City Council.

What are the implications of all of this? They are too numerous to list. But lets look at a few.

How can anyone associated with the city be engaged with a nonprofit corporation with whom they are a part of and engaging in contracts with and appropriating money with without being in a conflict of interest situation? They are representing both sides of a contract. When and where are the taxpayers interests represented?

When we follow the names and the money since 2005  do we see that the money appropriated has gone to all of the projects that these people are personally benefiting from?  Yes, its in the millions of dollars. In the meanwhile there has been very little done in behalf of safety and infrastructure in the city and these are the people who have consistently told us that the city is broke.  I believe  the blogger who suggested “the Butler County District Attorney or the Ohio Attorney General should be looking into this”. So should the Secretary of State because of Corporate questions raised here. The City Law director can’t investigate it because he is directly involved.

Furthermore, its been several months since this all began. We have waited patiently for Middletown Moving Forward to say they have nothing to do with the document titled Moving Middletown Forward.  It is a blatent attempt to interfere with Midletown’s elction process.  They have said that it is the work of another organization with a similar name but its not them. We have asked them repeatedly to name the people in that other organization and the silence is deafening.

The fact is, unless they can produce that organization they are the most likely  ones who issued the document and didn’t think they would get caught. The citizens of Middletown have the right to know if Middletown  Moving Forward created this political organization and if not, who did? We are entitled to an explanation and if it isn’t forth coming before the election we should have a very serious outside investigation and someone should go to jail if election tampering is proven. 

So, we ask for a final time GIVE US AN EXPLANATION THAT WILL INSTILL OUR TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN THOSE CITY OFFICIALS WHO ARE INVOLVED WITH MIDDLETOWN MOVING FORWARD. Tell us why the CIC is not a conflict of interest and why the city money rightfully went where it went for the projects proposed by the CIC while the city ignored its fiduciary responsibilities in so many areas in the last five years.  Answer now or we shall believe you are indeed trying to manipulate this forthcoming election November 3rd.  We have more facts to reveal about this situation in the future if necessary.

Paul Nagy

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 9:54am
Middletonians:

This is the very document that I attempted to scan and post here a few months back!!!

Mr. Nagy provided me one copy, told me the very same story and I was outraged!!!  We wanted to give them plenty of time to 'fess up. 

These flyers, with "Moving Middletown Forward Committee"  proudly emblazoned across the top were found by Mr. Nagy RIGHT IN THE LOBBY OF OUR CITY MANAGER'S OFFICE in a rack with CITY LITERATURE!!!

I, for one, believe it is IMPOSSIBLE that NO ONE in City Hall was aware of these flyers!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 10:05am
http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/ed/2008_edreport.pdf

Mike is this the same thing you and Mr Nagy are talking about ? I know this one says "Middletown Moving Forward,CIC". But it does list some of the same elite as Mr Nagys letter above.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 10:17am

Hermes:  NO!!!

You can read much more discussion about the subject, including articles pasted from the Middletown Journal and other sources, here: http://middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1090

Randy, who is much more technically proficient than I, is supposed to be posting a better scan of the document soon.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Hermes:  NO!!!

You can read much more discussion about the subject, including articles pasted from the Middletown Journal and other sources, here:

http://middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1090

Randy, who is much more techically prficient than I, is supposed to be posting a better scan of the document soon.
here it it is Moving Middletown Forward Committee
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 10:46am
THANKS, Randy!!!Thumbs%20Up
Now here is a copy of a post from my old friend "Alien".  I wonder if Alien stands by this post now that we have revealed that the flyer was picked up RIGHT OUTSIDE MS. GILLELAND's OFFICE in a CITY literature rack!!!
Starting Member
Starting%20Member

Online Status: Offline
Post%20Options Post Options   Quote Alien Quote  Post%20ReplyReply Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 10:01am
I noticed in today's weekly update to Council that Ms. Gilleland addressed the confusion about MMF. Her comments were as follows:

"There has been some confusion about our Community Improvement Corporation: “Middletown Moving Forward”, which is a city-sponsored organization formed to provide economic development opportunities and another organization whose name is similar, but has nothing to do with the city. The other organization is using the name of “Moving Middletown Forward” and seems to be promoting political candidates. Obviously, the city organization is not related to the other organization."

I am sure some of you will choose to believe that this is a smoke screen attempting to cover up some clandestine organization, but her words are truthful and accurate. A lot of the issues on Middletown USA are legitimate concerns and worth the energy - the MMF issue is a waste of your time.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 11:13am
Randy: Thanks for archiving that for future reference. Mr. Nagy raises some very interesting points.

I hope we can follow the money trail and it is all being utilized for its intended purposes.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 11:44am
Holy crap !!!! I can't believe what I just read !! (refering to the MMFC document)

In all seriousness gentlemen I think the state or federal authorities should be looking into this. I can't believe it has gone unnoticed for 5 years. How did it get this far along with no red lights and sirens blaring ? Without a doubt if names are attached to this (MMFC document) then some people are over-due for prison time.

I am in shock and not sure why considering I am the biggest pessimist of the group. How in the hell do these peope think they can get away with this ?

I'm still confused over the "two similar" groups. I will assume one is a cover for the other. The old shell game tactic perhaps ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by Jonathan Haller Jonathan Haller wrote:

I hope we can follow the money trail and it is all being utilized for its intended purposes.
Mr. Haller: I truly do agree with that sentiment.

However, consider the following excerpt copied from an April issue of the City Manager’s newsletter:

"There has been some confusion about our Community Improvement Corporation: ‘Middletown Moving Forward’, which is a city-sponsored organization formed to provide economic development opportunities and another organization whose name is similar, but has nothing to do with the city.”

Since several copies of the flyer were found in the literature rack right in her office lobby, it will be difficult for Ms. Gilleland to explain this remark away

Merrell Wood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrell Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 11:26am

I've also found myself waiting in the outer lobby of the managers office and looking at the rack of flyers or whatever and seeing a Planned Parenthood flyer.(most be a plot by the baby killer's. Gilliand will have a tough time explaining that!! Oh, and the next time I came back they we're all gone! Must have been a consperacy to deprive me of who and what this group is really about! Gilliand will have a tough time explaining this! Come-on folks, havent't we got some better way to change this place than some kind of "grassy knoll" stuff? I've put stuff in that rack myself that had nothing to do with the city. I've even seen flyers for Jiffy Lube in there. How about getting out and getting some citizens organized to support the important stuff, not spinning of our wheel's about something we can't get much traction on with the voting public. Beleave me, I realize there's a lot of "behind the scene string pulling." I too, witnessed the more influental Charter Committee members work their magic on their private agenda. I don't want to offend those of you who are sincerly trying to expose the hypocracy of  the private sector leadership of this town, I just want to help us all to find the best way to effect their agenda. Confused 

TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Merrell Wood Merrell Wood wrote:

I've also found myself waiting in the outer lobby of the managers office and looking at the rack of flyers or whatever and seeing a Planned Parenthood flyer.(most be a plot by the baby killer's. Gilliand will have a tough time explaining that!! Oh, and the next time I came back they we're all gone! Must have been a consperacy to deprive me of who and what this group is really about! Gilliand will have a tough time explaining this! Come-on folks, havent't we got some better way to change this place than some kind of "Grassy knole" stuff? I've put stuff in that rack myself that had nothing to do with the city. I've even seen flyers for Jiffy Lube in there. How about getting out and getting some citizens organized to support the important stuff, not spinning of our wheel's about something we can't get much traction on with the voting public. Beleave me, I realize there's a lot of "behind the scene string pulling." I too, witnessed the more influental Charter Committee members work their magic on their private agenda. I don't want to offend those of you who are sincerly trying to expose the hypocracy of  the private sector leadership of this town, I just want to help us all to find the best way to effect their agenda.  Confused 

I'm going to put together a really creepy flyer and leave it in Mrs. Gilliands rack.

Mr. Nagy will have a ball!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic