FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NICE TEST SCORES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NICE TEST SCORES
    Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 3:45pm
WOW!!!

After looking at and reviewing the state test scores, it's quite obvious to me that the members of the Middletown School Board have really failed in their attempt to educate our children.  It's a joke to see how bad our student's have done when compared to other school districts!! 
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 7:44pm
Mrs./Ms./Miss/Mr. Murdock.......................ClapClapClap

My real identity is known.  How about you Murdock?? ConfusedConfusedConfused
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 7:32am
If you have been associated with the Middletown School District for the last 10-15 years or so, it shouldn't surprise you Murdock. The test scores have been significantly lower for Middletown, when compared to the surrounding districts since the inception of the proficiency tests years ago. They always are. All excuses for the low scores have been used by past and current administrations and school boards. Nothing radically new has been tried so why expect different results. They realize the scores are low, but the correction doesn't appear to be of any urgency. If we keep placing the same types of people on the school board, we will keep seeing the same results.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 9:35am
Murdock I think there is plenty of blame to go around in the educating of Middletown's youth.  I don't think you can place the blame solely on the BOE.

The Blame needs to be spread around to the Past Price Administration which in my opinion lost site of the goal of a Public School system, which is to teach children and got side tracked by other matters, i.e. diversity, lack of discipline, etc.

The BOE for not reining in Price sooner and overlooking what was actually going on for the last 7 years.

The City Council and Administration for having no clue what their policies toward the city and poverty have done to the local school system and their  continually ignoring the issue, of Section 8, Public Housing, Poverty, etc.  The City and the BOE should have at least 3 times a year meetings together to help the City Council understand that their actions or lack thereof have dire consequences on our School System.  I don't think City Council gets it currently.

The Publics lack of support for a more progressive approach to education and their "until we see progress" we will not fund a new High School and Junior High both which are sorely needed.

Parents who ignore their children's needs and fail their children.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 11:26am
Hey Pac- In your opinion, do you really think that the meeting of the minds between the School Board and the City Council would be worthwhile? Seems the Council/Gilleland/Kohler/etc. are set as to the Section 8 program for revenue and don't seem "overly concerned" about the school's plight on what Section 8 is doing, as far as cost, performance and special programs, to the schools. When Fiora brought this up at the September 8th meeting at Highview Elemenatary, the Council listened "politely" but gave no indication they saw the school board's side of things. I was there and saw the exchange (or rather Council's non-interest) between the two. Mulligan had the same blank stare that he gets when he is "listening" to the citizens comments at the Council meetings- ie- one of disinterest. I believe that the Section 8 abundance in town will continue to impede the schools and will continue to be a source of conflict between the schools and Council for years, (or until a change in policy on Council and the city manager happen) and Section 8 is drastically reduced.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 1:09pm
Vet I agree when Firoa and Andrews both brought up Section 8/Poverty at the meeting they got the brush off from the City Admin and the Council in my opinion.  The correct answer was not "we want to have the best Section 8 Program in Ohio"....whooooppee.  Personally I think it is going to take the BOE along with a significant number of parents going to council and forcing their hand for them to understand what they are doing to the schools and to do anything to correct the matter.  I find it hard to believe that people in these positions, Council and Admin, do not understand the consequences of their actions when it comes to the school system and the city as a whole. The impression they left me with from that combined meeting was that they could care less what effect Section 8 and poverty have on the school system.
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 5:37pm
Section 8 -- Follow The Money!!

Now that a favorable HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) contract extension has been entered into with C.O.N.S.O.C., the CITY ADMINISTRATORS have hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to defray what normally are general fund expenditures.

The logic of the all-knowing bureaucrats seems to be .............. HUD programs are financially beneficial regardless of how they negatively impact once stable older working class neighborhoods.

FOLLOW THE MONEY AND THE ACTIONS OF CITY HALL ADMINISTRATORS!! AngryAngryAngry
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:08am
Hey Railfan....your identity isn't known to me.  Your profile page is blank, I dont see your name any where.

So, what's your name/real identity?
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:21am
My name is Nelson Self.  What is yours Mrs./Ms./Miss/Mr. Murdock?  I was Community Development Administrator for the City of Middletown for two years until being forced out late January of this year.  Now, please tell us a little about yourself?
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 2:26pm
Mrs./Ms./Miss/Mr. Murdock -

You know my identity.  What is yours?  We are waiting.

NRS
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 12:14pm
What does it matter who they are really? The test scores suck, regardless of fault. I went to Middletown class of 1985 and I was proud of our schools - Blue Ribbon school district whatever the hell that meant. I am embarrassed by the scores, everyone should be. The school board can't control what happens at home. We all know what the problem really is here right? THE PARENTS or lack of parenting pure and simple. I liked school but the fear (not physical) of handing that report card over to my dad with anything less than mostly A's and a few B's made me want to learn. If no one gives a crap or puts any pressure on you why would you try hard? No need to. Teachers can't do squat to idiots in the classroom and the school board?? What could they possibly do to make good parents and a good home available to all children? They can't. I don't have an answer really, there may not be one sadly.
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 1:22pm

Who are you Mrs./Ms./Miss/Mr. Murdock??

Will you ever divulge your identity??

Or, do you demand the true identity of others but not for yourself??

Until you answer, you have NO CREDIBILITY!!
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 5:40pm
Hey Rail Fan,
       In case you hadn't noticed this is MiddletownUSA. In this country and on this blog you don't have to reveal your real name. That's his business. Why don't you lighten up?
       Paul Nagy

Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:27pm

Mr. Nagy -

It wasn't too long ago that you decided to 'out my real identity' because of my post about the East Lake project.  Come to think of it, your behavior was a bit over the top don't you think?  And, since Murdock asked for me to identify myself, I saw nothing wrong in asking him to do the same.

Nelson Self

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:50pm
Rail Fan,
       No, I don't think my behavior was over the top but I have no doubt yours is. You wear everyone out by going on and on. I didn't out your identity about anything.  You have the right to ask Murdock anything you want and he has the right to answer or not answer if he wants. You've become enibriated with the verbosity of your own gusto.
       Paul nagy
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 8:10pm
Paul's right Nelson...this is the USA and my identity doesnt matter.   You started this crap to begin with...you really sound like a bitter former city employee who has nothing else better to do than blog and b*@tch.
KMA
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 8:49pm
Mr. Nagy -

How interesting that you now say what you do about me?  I recall how you thanked me on several occasions for providing an insider view on what happens at City Hall.  You mentioned that the information I provided on waste and mismanagment of HUD funds would be invaluable during this campaign.

NRS
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 8:52pm
Mr. Nagy -

When you called me recently to ask for a big favor, you stated the importance of my helping to brief you on HUD matters in your campaign against Daniel Picard.  What say you?
NRS
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 9:41pm
Rail Fan,
      There you go again. Yopu don't get anything right. I never asked you to brief me about anything on HUD matters against Dan Picard. As a matter of fact I never even mentioned Dan Picard to you. I said (and try to pay attention this time) I would like you to brief me on some matters regarding Hud to use in my campaign to respond to what I thought  City Council and the Administration were doing with HUD funding. If I want to know anything about Dan Pickard or anyone else I'll ask them, not you or anyone else. I don't just take the shotgun approach that you do. Many of us have tried to encourage you but you have abused a lot of people who were trying to be your friends. Peddle it some place else. You are getting in over your head again.
       I won't continue in a personal dialogue with you as I think you were trying to do with Murdock. Its a waste of life. Its stinking thinking and you need to quit it. Fini.
       Paul Nagy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic