FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened in Ward 1 ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 8:10am
GMAB- you stated in an earlier post that you were in a war. You stated that you were in the Navy surface fleet-Anti Submarine Warfare community. Just curious- were you off the coast of Vietnam? Were you in the Persian Gulf? I would like to share some experiences if you were a Nam vet. The Persian Gulf War was after my time in.

I see that you get somewhat "agitated" when some of us criticize the city leaders. You know as well as I do that when one places themself in the public spotlight, they are subjecting themselves to public scrutiny and therefore, public ridicule. It goes along with the territory. You call it "trash talk". We call it "criticizing and holding accountable". Marconi is my 3rd Ward rep (for a while), and I talk to Tony all the time, either in person or on the phone. I have spoken at city council meetings and have written Letters To The Editor. I also attend community meetings. I am as involved as time will allow.

If you find this site so distasteful, and believe that we go overboard on the criticism of city officials, why do you post and return discussion on a repetitive basis? You do have the option of just "walking away" as all who disagree do.
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 7:20pm
Hey Murdock,
Once again I will remind you I do not hide behind screen names like you do. This years election if you don't already know had a very low turnout. If I had the good ol' boys backing me I would have won this hands down. Once again I financed this out of my own pocket without any campaign contributions from the good ol boys club. Not  by any means did Mr Armbruster win by a landslide. I am sure he was on pins and needles until the final precincts reported. This was what was told to me by a very reliable source. OOPS! I mean by a person that was in the room during the election results with the Armburster camp. So once again feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to you running for election in the next two years since you seem to have the answers to everything.  Did not see your name on the ballot.  Once again name all the positive things and jobs that Mr Armbruster himself brought to this town. You still have not answered this question that has been asked of you by many bloggers. For your information when I ran in 07 I did not use the canal during my campaign and didn't use the canal during the 09 election until a direct question was asked about the canal by one of the panelist at the 4th and final forum. So if you don't mind, my name is Gary Barge, not "the canal guy". What is your real name? Never mind I already know. You speak of many subjects like you are in the land of Oz. Even though the lion asked for courage he did not hide behind his tail when the great and wonderful Oz spoke
tootie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 7:47pm
GMAB
I said I disagreed with Armbrusters stance on the pools. I didn't say I was so terribly upset by that. Closing the pool has been discussed many times before. I don't see why you say to stop thinking of my neighborhood and think of the whole city. First the pool isn't in my neighborhood so that has no bearing. Second, the pool is about the whole city. And no matter if the pool is public or private the weather has a bearing on attendance just like the golf course.  What amenities do we have to entice someone to move here besides the golf course. Splash pads at 2 local parks. 1 movie theater, Only my opinion but I would privatize the pool, golf course and sell the airport and any other city owned property that couldn't pay for itself within approx. 5 years. Common sense
tootie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 7:53pm

Murdock,

I guess if you have enough money you can buy all the "flower power" you want. 
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 5:37am
Hey Gary.....
Losing an election almost 2 to 1 is pretty close to a landslide.  You lost because you had nothing to offer- it had nothing to do with money or the good old boys....just face it, YOU LOST...now get over it and get our canal fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 6:31am
Might be time to start going to the Council meetings and having a number of people speak at the comments portion. Armbruster seems to have gotten off lightly during these comments in the past. Perhaps we could all take a subject such as the canal asking Armbruster what his plans are for dealing with it and asking him why he hasn't given Mr. Barge and the Wilbraham Road folks any support on resolving the issue all these years. Any other subjects related to the 1st Ward could be asked of Armbruster as well. It would be interesting to see how old Jimmy A. handles the barrage of questions related to his responsibility. To date, he's been fairly quiet and hasn't fielded alot of questions related to his ward. Let's wake him up!   
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 10:02am
The subject of the canal has me on the fence. What I understand is that they are going to flow it down near Smith Park. Again here we go putting the kids in danger again.The council allowed for the land to be re-zoned behinde a Elemeantary School for SUNCHOKE. Im still prying that that wont happen.Its time for the places that pollute the land pay for there mistakes.
As In waking Mr.JIMBO,its going to take alot of dynamite. But every meeting ought to be packed with people that want answer's.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 11:17am

Please don't forget that the Middletown Cemetery is in Ward 1 also and Mr. Armbruster hasn't helped me solve this problem either.

So it seems that he has 2 big hot button issues going on in his ward.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2009 at 9:53pm
Now that hooligans have set fires near the water tower in ARMBRUSTER'S WARD, perhaps there should be a "Manchester Manor Historic District" movement to help control crime in that area too.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by warmandfuzzy warmandfuzzy wrote:

LMAO. please read what I actually posted, instead of reading into it. I plainly stated that I did not care for Mr.Armbruster.

But neither one of you answered the Question. What has Jimbo done for this city?

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2009 at 9:12am
Originally posted by GMAB GMAB wrote:

Simply stated, I served as part of the surface fleet in the USN as part of the Anti Submarine Warfare community.   Lived in Southern California for several years and then moved to Middletown (originally from the west side of Cincy).  

Hermes- Progressive thinking???   I lived in California- the most progressive state.   I have a fundamental understanding of forward thinking and the positive changes that are a direct result.   Middletown is old school in many, many ways.  

LMAO- Did you not read my post???   Where did I praise Armbruster?   I spoke of the personal jabs people throw towards council members.   At least read what was written if you are going to make a lame attempt at criticizing my post.   Thumbs%20Down  Why should it matter if I attend council meetings??   Let me ask you this.... How often do you speak with members of council?   I speak with members of council quite regularly.   I watch the meetings on TV.   Maybe you should call and speak with members of council.  

Just what are your expectations of a ward representative?   It sounds like to me that ward 1 is full of selfish citizens.   I live in ward 4.   Should I fit into MUSA by blogging trash talk about Schiavonne??   I personally do not care what he specifically does within the ward.  Money is scarce in this town (especially compared to where I lived in California).    I look at the city of Middletown as a whole.   The issues brought forth at council meetings are voted on collectively because they affect the city.   What drastic changes do you expect to see in ward 1?   Tootie-  Why are you so upset over the pool?  Hardly anyone used it.   Quit looking at your neighborhood and start thinking of the entire city.    Just admit it people; no matter who represents ward 1 all of you would find something to whine about on this site.   The pope himself could fill the first ward seat and everyone would still gripe and complain.  

I have spoke to Jimbo and Mr.Marconi. I have attended meetings and have spoke up. I had a issue with them allowing a Baseball team take over our park that is nearby my house and of course they said they will be on top of it. Well since they have been on top of it this we have more traffic,we have speeders that think this road is the Daytona 500. They built them a parking lot,but they feel as they own the road so they park on it. Before this was all to be taken we was told that they leased it out to this team. So if they leased it out  why is the city still taking care of it? Also what happen to what all this team promised? Same place where all the rest of the stuff this city has promised. On the back burner. Im just sick and tired of them saying one thing and doing another. If I was the all mighty Spokeman Alan McCoy things would roll.
GMAB View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2009 at 10:40am
LMAO-  I will be sure to talk to "Jimbo" and Mr. Marconi about folks speeding on your street. LOL   Would like the two of them to stand outside of your house with a radar gun??? HaHa  
Vietvet-    "If you find this site so distasteful, and believe that we go overboard on the criticism of city officials, why do you post and return discussion on a repetitive basis? You do have the option of just "walking away" as all who disagree do."    Thanks for proving my point.   You and a few others would much rather have a site that relfects only your views and opinions.   You must not enjoy helathy political debate as you previously stated.   YOU have the same choice as well....  Just walk away...  

The way I see it, some of you are used to being spineless cyber bullies to people such as myself who do not drink the Kool-aid you serve up.   I LMFAO when I read responses.   (Crying over people speeding, cemetary, baseball, golf course.....)
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 10:22am
Yes Im craying over people that are speeding. Its bad enough for the regular people to be doing it,but it worse when its a city bus. There is a hairpin curve and Im waiting on the day that either the bus or someone else losses it and plows over the people that are playing basketball.
 Im far from being spineless my cyber buddy. If I feel that something is wrong your damn right I will speak my mind.
Getting back to the speeding,I dont think neither Jimbo or Tony has enough since to operste a radar gun. They can even come close to operating this city.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 12:06pm
GMAB- Not my intention to be a "cyber bully" as you say and really don't give a crap whether you drink the "Kool-Aid" or not. I just give a sh-- about my hometown and don't want it screwed up anymore than it already has been in the last 35 years. People who tend to destroy a once proud city tend to get on my nerves a little. Would you like to meet in person sometime? You name the time and place and I'll be there. As George C. Scott said in the movie Patton, "I'll stand in front of you so that you can see how much of a SOB that some (perhaps you) think I am". You can also tell me what war you were in that makes you that war vet you proclaim to be. Service fleet subs don't count as a war vet, if you weren't in a war zone. I'll bring my orders for Vietnam with me and a photo album of my time in country to prove I was there. I'll also throw in my DD 214 just for the heck of it if it will help. How about you? Again- name the time and place and we'll meet to discuss our differences. Do you accept the invitation?
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 4:24pm
Hey GMAB-
It sounds to me like Viet Vet just called you out!?!?!?!?!?LOLLOL
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 5:19pm

I lived in California- the most progressive state.   I have a fundamental understanding of forward thinking and the positive changes that are a direct result.
I have also lived in California. Are we speaking of the same place?  Are we speaking of the state that is dead BROKE???  The state that issues IOUs as state income tax refunds and state paychecks???  The state that has a state debt larger than many NATIONS???  Is THAT the state of which you speak so fondly???  Are those the "positive changes" and "forward thinking" about which you boast???

Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Again- name the time and place and we'll meet to discuss our differences. Do you accept the invitation?
Vet:  If you keep me advised of the time and place, I would be pleased to moderate this discussion.  Also, even though I am old and half-crippled, should the discussion become heated, to the best of my ability, I will have your back.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2009 at 6:50pm
Mike I think GMAB was talking about Calif. new method of loan sharking as forward thinking, where the citizens are forced to give the State Interest Free Loans.

"Reporting from Los Angeles and Sacramento - Starting Sunday, cash-strapped California will dig deeper into the pocketbooks of wage earners -- holding back 10% more than it already does in state income taxes just as the biggest shopping season of the year kicks into gear.

Technically, it's not a tax increase, even though it may feel like one when your next paycheck arrives. As part of a bundle of budget patches adopted in the summer, the state is taking more money now in withholding, even though workers' annual tax bills won't change.

Think of it as a forced, interest-free loan: You'll be repaid any extra withholding in April. Those who would receive a refund anyway will receive a larger one, and those who owe
taxes will owe less."
GMAB View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:36am
VietVet-   Who saids I was on a sub?   I was part of the surface ASW force.   BTW, I was in an active war zone with live fire- quit making assumptions.  Get the facts before you minimize any vets contribution.   Only a POS vet does that sort of thing.   You want to meet up and discuss differences?   Let me guess, Steak N Shake- 1 milkshake with two straws???   Why would I want to discuss anything with you?   All you have done is amke assumption after assumption about me while I have only used your posts to fuel my responses.   No thanks, won't waste my time with an assumer.

Mike- Another assumption.   You ar an idiot.  Nice tryClap
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:28am
GMAB- OK, you were in an active war zone- you still haven't told us what "active war zone" it was. Why are you evading the question? Not minimizing any vets contribution just asking for some clarification on your war experiences- and certainly wouldn't call any vet a POS as you have done. Your credibility is certainly suspect in your post because you won't devulge specifics about your war contributions. Won't meet- that's your perogative. Just suggested that to talk about our differences. I left it up to you on the location. You mentioned Steak and Shake with the smart a-- milk shake with one straw comment. It appears that you have issues with people who are "assumers" ??? My, you appear to have anger issues calling everyone idiots. PTSD perhaps?
Nurse Ratched View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nurse Ratched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 9:19am
NOTE: Video contains explicit language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fanv5vjdDds&feature=related

Video of VietVet "Just touch me once more..."
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

I lived in California- the most progressive state.   I have a fundamental understanding of forward thinking and the positive changes that are a direct result.
I have also lived in California. Are we speaking of the same place?  Are we speaking of the state that is dead BROKE???  The state that issues IOUs as state income tax refunds and state paychecks???  The state that has a state debt larger than many NATIONS???  Is THAT the state of which you speak so fondly???  Are those the "positive changes" and "forward thinking" about which you boast???

Mike- Another assumption.   You ar an idiot.  Nice try
An "assumption"???  Hardly!!  I was simply seeking CLARIFICATION!!!  I found it mind-boggling that anyone would choose California to hold up as an example. 

You might be unaware of the host of serious PROBLEMS that have resulted from California's "PROGRESSIVE" agenda.  You might have problems with reading comprehension. Or, you might be an imbecile.

I vote for IMBECILE, but that is simply a clinical-type observation and not meant to be offensive.  Please do NOT consider it a personal attack!! 
GMAB View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 3:35pm
VietVet-  I could give a crap if you believe me or not.   My friends and family know what I did.   That's good enough for me.   Only those important to me do I "prove" my war experiences (I like to think of it as sharing my experiences).   Seems to me you have trust issues.   I have a DD-214, Ribbons, Medals, etc.   You can believe me or not.   Doesn't bother me.   You see, this isn't my first rodeo.   I understand there are many people like you in this world that like to form stereotypes about people.   You are just dying to know what war- so then you can estimate my age.   You want to know my specific job- so you can gauge my contributions.   For me, I could give a sh#* less if you were the closest thing to Rambo the jungles of Vietnam has seen(or if you were Private Pile).   I am content with what I have done in the military.   I don't have to prove it to anyone- especially on a blog.   This blog may be your life; but not mine.   I only joined to call you out since you seem to be determined to turn everything negative.   I thought you loved healthy political debate?   Guess not.   Everything turns personal.   As for PTSD- nah, sounds like you have watched one too many episodes of Dr. Phil.   But thank you for your concern and your opinion!   
Mike-  Quit thinking about the short term.   California will turn the tide long before a city such as Middletown.   California has invested billions into their infrastructure and development and they will be reaping the reward by next year.  As we all know, Middletown's economy will turn around much slower.   California can go into debt- the state has an economy bigger than most nations.    Imbecile or not, Cali will bounce back quicker than Middletown.  

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 7:45pm
wow gmab
that will be one heck of a bounce out west if/when that occurs.
Like Middietown, all I hear at this time is a loud thud

Actually there probably won't be much bounce, instead a reach for a helping hand

It's simply a message board to exchange concepts,thoughts and information
everyone has to be so tough

how about tomorrow everyone only says good honest positive constructive praising comments towards everything/everyone? just 4 1 f'n day

R U going away
with no words of fare well
will u leave all that  we've had behind?

I didn't want to hurt you
Didn't mean to be unkind
You know
That was the last thing on my mind

beautiful lyrics by Lightfoot I believe
anyone familiar with the Yaga philosphy?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 6:54am
"how about tomorrow everyone only says good honest positive constructive praising comments towards everything/everyone? just 4 1 f'n day"

This is all fine and good but just how honest do you think it will be.................................Wink
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 7:06am
OK GMAB- Apparently, you are more interested in providing flak than fact on you responses. Most vets that I have talked to over the years readily provide answers to questions such as "what branch of service were you in?", "where were you stationed?", "what did you do while in?". etc. Usually, they are proud that they saw (and survived) some war action. You seem to be reluctant to devulge what most vets will talk about freely. Just seems strange that you don't want to talk about something that most are proud of. Interesting concept- "only those important ot me do I "prove" my war experiences"- Why did you mention your military experiences on this blog to total strangers then if you only talk about it with your family?

I have trust issues?- Yep, when another vet in giving me some bullsh--about their "war zone" experiences and won't reveal the war. Hard to believe someone who is reluctant to answer a simple question.

"You see, this isn't my first rodeo"- what??? Were you a frikkin' cowboy in the past? What the he-- is that all about?

Yep, I think most could stereotype you rather easily.

Your age? What you did in the service? Don't care. Just asked what war, that's all.

"I'm content with what I have done in the military". "I don't have to prove it to anyone-especially on a blog"- Not asking you to prove that you were in the military- YOU mentioned that YOU were in a war zone. I merely asked which war zone? Simple question requiring a simple answer.

This blog- my life?? No, just a hobby, a way to get information not otherwise given in the Journal and a way to communicate with several who are like minded, that's all.

You want healthy political debate?- what do you want to discuss? I offered to meet and discuss things. You chose to turn the offer down.

Everything turns personal- again--- how is asking what war were you in turning everything personal? I only asked for clarification. You chose to turn it into a pissing match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic