FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's Treasures of The Chest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown's Treasures of The Chest
    Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 9:03am
I meet with the owner of Treasure's of the Chest (Adam) last week, A really nice young bussiness owner. To read the interview I did with Adam Click the link below.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
GMAB View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 5:32pm
Loosen restrictions on signage?   What is he looking to do?   I guess he wants to fill up every available part of the window with letters and numbers. 
Mr.PawnBroker View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.PawnBroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 8:42am
No...I'm not looking to fill-up my entire window with letters and numbers. I am talking about small A-frame signs in front of your store. And yes...I would like to see the city give new businesses a break. It's hard enough to open a store in this economy. And places can't afford to run ads in the paper. Thats the only way a new business has to get the word out. I'm established and I'll be fine if I have no signs. But what about that new guy who can't put a sign in the window for fear the city will tell him to take it down. I guess you would rather see a "For Rent" sign in the store.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 2:43pm
Hey at least Mr. Pawnbroker went through what it takes to be a legit pawn broker,he provides a service that people otherwise would have to go out of town for so why don't we cut him some slack he was decent enough to talk to Randy about his business and all I have seen on here is negativity.Your store front looks fine to me.I hope to get down that way to see what kind of bargains you have.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 3:02pm
I agree Bocephus. I don't understand why people have to stereotype pawn shops and give them a bad name. I myself have never been in one, but from my research I can't find one complaint about Treasures of the Chest. If they were really that bad of a business (like others in town...) wouldn't there be some formal complaint filed somewhere?

Thanks for helping support Middletown and MiddletownUSA Mr. Pawnbroker, I'll be sure to send business your way.
Mr.PawnBroker View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.PawnBroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 3:49pm

Hey guys...Thanks for the support.  I am glad that I was turned on to this website and happy to support it. I can take the criticism. I just wish they would come in to see the store in person and see what I'm about. I will continue to advertise on here and come here to talk with everyone. Thanks again

justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 3:54pm
Mr. PawnBroker,

Their criticism is unfair and unjust, and I don't think them seeing the store would make any difference. They aren't criticizing your store because they actually think anything bad about it, but just because they have a hair up their a$$ about pawn shops. They are ignorant fools and that is that.

Or, the other option is, they are your competitors. Haha.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 5:22pm
There is one other possibility:

Perhaps the "critics" are some of the usual snooty busy-bodies that think that they are the only ones who have "taste" and that no one else should be permitted to chose any decotating or color schemes without their approval.  After all, if it isn't "historic Williamsburg blue", it must be "tacky"!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic