FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Section 8 Inspections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Section 8 Inspections
    Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 10:57am
    I was talking with a gentleman that owns a few Section 8 housing units and he told me that the new inspection group had been to one of his properties. The woman that did the inspection was from Cincinnati and the inspection of the house took about 20 minutes. He stated that this inspection was no more or less than any other inspections that have been done on his properties in the past by Leon. This was a standard HUD inspection.
    The City keeps telling us how “Business Friendly” they are...if this is true why do we continue to give contracts to outside vendors while we had people living here in Middletown qualified to do these inspections?
    Why doesn't the City do more to support our local businesses?
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 11:55am
Hello Miss Vivian -

How bizarre that you'd post something similar to my own recent experience!

I had an unexpected and brief discussion yesterday with with an acquaintance who owns many units of Section 8 housing here.  This non-Middletown resident, whom I encountered at an area restaurant, told me that he was pleased with the new Section 8 inspection consultant.  Unlike Leon and other C.O.N.S.O.C. staff, he said that they do a fast walk-through of rentals and don't "nit pick" landlord properties like what was the case before this $140,000 out-of-town consultant was hand-picked.

Go figure ??  Is this another example of "improved" quality control ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic