FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Spider.....Just Curious....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So Spider.....Just Curious....
    Posted: May 04 2010 at 7:10pm
Hey Spider, so why did you bring up the Public Safety fund rather than the person that was originally going to bring it up?Big%20smile

Nice Plug for www.middletownusa.com by the way.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 7:53pm
huh?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:16am
Was asked to do so by a friend.
Thought it to be a great opportunity to plug this place, and mention the Public Safety ballot issue language.
As you noticed, it pretty much allows the city to do what they want with the $$$

After the Butler Co. "hacking" snafu, does anyone REALLLY trust local election results?
Did anything happen, and if so, exactly what?

Levys passed--open yer wallets(empty or not--the billing will follow).

Uhhhh-no one voted locally.
No one cares enough to funxtion as a proper citizen?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:40am
I did not vote as I am getting out of this dreadful city. I knew the apathy would be enough the "movers and shakers" would roun up the votes easily, with such dreadful turnout. Its the smart folks in Springboro and West Chester that shut down the status quo. Hell, even the library passed, so the homeless have more time to linger now. Barge, don't waste your time, F,B,T been pulled in to take the seat of Mr. Armbruster, so you can forget about any possibibility of winning that. Next, look fr 2.25% taxes. Nice reward for the $250KK wasted on F,B,T. Now move him into A's chair. This was not an affirmation of trust, it was an affirmation of apathy. Even saw Price over at MUM mingling, probably pulling in votes from the students to stuff the box. Now Rasmussen in the a 7 year deal as he "studies" what needs to be done. Who cares, I'm out of here, tired of the backwoods politics, but at least Nenni got crushed. Nancy Nix must be so depressed on that occurrence. All that will be left in Middletown will be the senior citizens. Too many sitting on the sideline, letting others pull the string. Thank God I got my tax valuation reduced by $40 Kk, look forward to those "Left Behind" in capping the annual 4%.     
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 3:54pm

wow acclaro---hate to see you leaving town again just as we begin the turnaround! Just remember to pay the property taxes on your "for sale" home! Don't be so f'n negative. At least you can take better advantage of the local library!

Hated to see Mr.Nenni go down, especially to the sos.  But Paul didn't run a very effective campaign since his core issue didn't really connect. with the masses. Watch Jolivette end up with Carpenter's old job.

Meet the new boss--same as the old boss
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:21pm
s, my house has ever been for sale (again) and  always pay my taxes---and you? You fipped to the dark side rapidy. People who voted just were the "lifers", those who get the kickbacks or think they control the city. You are outta yer mind sj, i you think Tom Allen doesn't have this wrapped up. Read the Miamian, class of 89, Best Attorney rating, speciality- education. Who got $250KK for the land grab? Did they threaten to boycott your business sj? What a city of Oz Middletown is. Now they have the at large group in place, see you AJ and Josh.        
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:33pm
Hey acclaro, When you want to go? Hell I will even rent a U-Haul and may drive for you!!! Let us know the date and we will have a big party!!!! Big%20smile
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:51pm
Smartman, the "smart" ons got out o Middletown a long time ago, Dr. Watson, son of the Denny' Lumber store owner, so many others. Hell, I tol you the levy woul pass, about the only property owners are those that voted, and Miletown just keeps on the sam path. My father was a univerity President but there is nothing about this levy which entered into my calculus. Too many likyou who wanted others to spread the cost. Still won't fill schools though, or make a dent in performance, because the othe problem hasn't gone away. Any admissions officer will tell you a 4.0 at Middletown is treated like a 3.0 at the private schools, so take that next trip to Myrtle Beach knowing that fact. The problem in voters is too many on section 8 could care less about voting. Your side scooped up the senior citizens, the MUM students, and the retirement village. I assure you Smartman, my mind about Middletown was made up 20 plus years ago where it was going. Haven't missed a mark yet. Go high five Tyus and the others who pulled the miracle off. The "outsiders" know Middletown is nothing but public sector employees protecting public servant employees.      
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 5:08pm

Wow acclaro--if I didn't associate you as being a level-headed thinker, I might judge you to be somewhat bitter about yesterday's very predictable results.

Yer gal Carpenter won, so your Republican demi-gods from West Chester still rule the county at will.
I keep waiting for your conservative Republicans to save us. Why didn't that happen when GW was our ruler with his sidekick yer boy Mr.Boehner?

We have one lawyer on Council, that might be enough, though I met Mr.Allen during my very short tenure working for the school levy. Nothing not to like about the guy. Don't be surprised if him not being appointed is the trade-off for Mr.Barge also not making it.

Actually, since Mr.Barge was the ONLY person caring enough to run against Mr.A, and ran a clean campaign, I say he DESERVES the nod until the next election.

I could live with Mr.Hoffman beig appointed--will learn more about the other young fellow businessman(I heard that he turned in a very impressive application).

Lighten up my online friend!
There were no surprises yesterday!
sos--nothing has changed!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 5:32pm
spider, I didn't vote yesterday, and would not have voted for CC. She couldn't be any worse than those three amigos who drift aimlessly. County Health Department gutting a fantastic nursing Director because she made a Board member mad about them not coming to his house for the swine flu shot. Butler Cty a joke, and I never mingle with the "clan" of RHINO'S. You are absolutely correct on the results; this was an easy call, the same as every election. Its the same technique as "bundling" for $$$ in campaigns. The Ball group just "bundles" better. Barge has no chance o winning, none. Allen has got the seat won. Young gun, 89 Miami grad, although comical you mention West Chester- his Middletown office associates with the FBT group in West Chester. No bad feelings, as you said, this was a no brainer. Hell, the 2.25% increase will pass. The Vets, others, just don't know the trick of "bundling" for smiles to get the numbers out. And the "c's" get those big family numbers out with absentee ballots, the college kids. So, victory decided always by those who don't pay taxes, as it was, as it is, as it will be sj. And the beat goes on. Right on my man, status quo marches on...until bankruptcy hits within 5 years. It cn't be sustained, it keeps new comers away, but entitlement, as you said, its a "beast" that won't be denied. The feeding continues. Cheers..        
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:08pm

acclaro, now you have pissed me off. My daughter has a 4.275 gpa and is a junior. Our mailbox is filled everyday with college offers from D1 and D2 schools because of her acedemic success received at MHS. No where does it say that because the school says you have a 4.275 we understand that to be a 3.0. You are an ass. And yes I will take another Myrtle Beach trip with those students. This group represents Middletown the way it should be represented. We have travelled all over the country with this group and I am honored to be with them.

Maybe Middletown can move forward when your complaining ass is gone. Make no mistake I will drive your U-Haul where ever you want. Leave and never return!  Clap

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:15pm
By the way Spider,,,Thanks for your support! Smile
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:36pm
Smartman- you are a pompous know it all who made no argument to support the levy other than your Myrtle Beach trip. I had two kids that went through 1) William and Mary 2) Davidson. You couldn't carry my skates to the ice rink, let alone move my furniture. Now ask the admissions cousnelors about Fenwick, Summit Country Day, MVS, and they all know the caliber of those schools. They also know MCSD well. The fact a man can become so angry shows the ease of cruise control at MHS. You have no composure and attack, because you think you are entitled, and special. You did the same nonsense on the Middletown Board. You exemplify the Middltown mindset, and the very reason parents would rather pay to keep their kids out of MHS. I did, and my ya's were much better because of it. You are a really intellectual type Smartman, and the type of individual Middletown should be proud.       
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:54pm
wow, this is ugly.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:57pm
as for the Myrtle Beachers, as I said before my niece was in the group and is not an "A" student.  She has not had to develop good study habits and i fear will be toast if and when she goes to college.  Great kids don't always make good students.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 8:46pm
Bill as for your neice,,,maybe she is not an a student,,,some on the trip were not. But they represented themselves and Middletown with honor and pride. Kudos to you neice and the rest of the students.

acclaro,,,what planet are you from? I was never on school board.Brag all you want you ass!!! Could care less where your kids went to school , or where yo daddy was a college president! That was RETS TECH,,right? All I am saying is take your pot shots at city councel,,,school board,,,I really dont care, God knows they need it,,,BUT DONT EVER DOUGHT THAT THERE ARE GOOD,,,NO GREAT STUDENTS IN THE SYSTEM,

NOW WITH THAT IN MIND GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN AND GO SPEW YOUR CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Watch out Bill,,,it might get uglier!!

Beer is on me when acclaro the ass leaves town!!!!Angry
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 8:54pm
Bill, there are good students in every district. I can tell you most "good students" from MHS that tackle Fenwick "run back as fast as they can" from Fenwick to safe haven of MHS, lasting less than a year. I had a nephew and niece who graduated with > 4.0 GPA's at MHS, 18 on ACT's and ended up as teachers. They get buried in homeowrk at Fenwick, I know that for a fact. My son cruised at W & M, as he had th rigor of doing 5-6 hrs of homework each night. They won't get that at MHS. But, as sj said, it is what it is, and as expected. Middletown now has the majority of its residents as public servants. They know how to bundle the voters, and the other side, just can't get 10 to attend a mgt. No acrimony from me, I see a Smartman every day in Middletown, its the backbone of the fabric. Can't be changed, and too tired of trying. But, you won't attract abuyer in a city awaiting to max 4% tax increases as the decline continues, and the expectations so low. I mean, Rev. Tyus high-fiving Dr. Rasmussen, when he put his own property in foreclosure. But, it doesn't matter, it will always be what it is. No change, just life long residents living in the past. Payroll made up of public sector entities, each supporting the other. Stuck in quicksand, but for the lifers, the greatest city in America.    
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 8:59pm
Thought you wre leaving acclaro? BYE!!!! I would rather see many of my type than arrogant assholes like you in town. SO BYE NOW!!!!  Censored
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:08pm
come on people!!!
fighting amongst ourselves only plays into the hands of the puppet masters!
you ALL know about "divide and conquer"!
don't lose sight of the target-don't play into their hands--don't make it easy

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:32pm
You are right Spider. Lets move on.
Pat View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:48pm
Sorry, this is  not ending just yet.  Acclaro, you are an a--!  Agree with Smartman all the way.  And if you're so smart (like u keep telling us you are) why in the heck ,when you predicted M-town's demise 20 yrs ago didn't you get the heck out of here?  Sure has taken you an awfully long time!

And by the way, Smartman is correct.  Have a 4.0+ student at MHS and got in the best schools in the region and with their top academic scholarship offers.  Got in all their top tier honors programs at each school,also.

You are so ignorant and won't admit it.  You have no clue at all what MHS is like.  How many classes have you attended their in the last, say 2 years???  How may times have you even been in the high school in the last few years???  Sorry, Acclaro, for once you are going to have to admit you are wrong (hard to do, huh?).
Smartman is correct, there is a huge group of top-notch students that would rival any top-notch students from anywhere around.  Yes, even your beloved Fenwick.  My child went to Rosedale and Vail with many of them before they went to Fenwick.  My child has had hours of homework everynight, believe me.  My child has taken and passed the national AP exams with 4 and 5's.  So you can take your "perceptions" of MHS and put them to rest.  They are wrong!

Pat View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:15am
Bill, got a ? for you.  Where are your neice's parents?  Why aren't they helping her develop good study habits and be a better student?  Do they not care if she succeeds in college?
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 6:26am
Pat, that's a good question.  I think long ago they realized she was made of "C" student timber, like her father, and gave up pushing too much.  Sadly, MHS hands out Cs and Bs like candy so she has never had to do much to get by.

These arguments are a bit endless.  Of course there are a handful of top notch students at MHS, as there are in any school, but my guess is that they perform because of their own talent and motivation, not anything that MHS does necessarily.  The top 5% are fine, it's the other 15-20% that could be molded into college student material but have not had to develop good study habits.  They're not going to get pushed at MHS unless they are the ones pushing themselves.  many probably feel like they're fine with their B grades and then realize when they get to college they actually have to work hard...something they were not trained to do.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:19am
Bill,,,What planet are your from? Go to MHS and do some obervation, then come back and tell us that students are not encouraged to do better.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:49am
Smartman, reverse role playing- I'm you and Pat. "All you duba** that voted for the levy just don't have a clue how to formulate a rationale opinion. You vote for the levy because you think you got the brightest kid in the room, when, if you can make it to school daily, will graduate with a 3.4 GPA at MHS. What a** you are. In a private school, your kids would be churned out like butter, burning the candle until 1 am, struggling to make a 2.8, and being outgunned by kids that their parents were owners of major companies, docs, attorneys, Partners at Bain, Presidents at P & G. If you don't like that objective individuals have had it with the incompetence of Middletown, then leave, Take that 4.28 GPA and leave the city. Quit having others give you the AP class, the violin instruction, pay for it yourself in a private school. 20% of the kids drop out, and this levy does nothing for them or making a CI and Excellent. You idiots bash anyone that doesn't agree with you. Its not debate, its argument. You reflect Middletown, not the thinkers in West Chester and Springboro, that organize and demand better results with less. By the way, you idiots, Franklin graduated a 4.95 GPA student about 5 years ago, both parents non college educated, and pulled a 20 on the ACT. Fenwicj averages a 25, MIVS a 28. And Smartman, its DOUBT not DOUGHT. I make alot of fast typing errors, but having a 4.28 stduent in the family, you should have command of the language."

Why did I stay- simple. To give my kids the right to go K-12 in one school, without a relocation. I have five generations of teachers in Middletown and a father in law who gave 40 + years to the city, but that doesn't mean I don't see the mess that has been caused. Its nothing but a city of lifers. No new migration of homeowners, and this levy will do absolutely nothing to raise performance. The city gets what it deserves- unthinking people who are well adapt to complacency. Its what ruined the city and the schools, but you still haven't figured it out.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic