FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorg Mansion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorg Mansion
    Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:52pm
Rumor has it--there is an offer!

And it's not the City of Middletown.
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 12:17am
It is no rumor.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 3:28am
How many public dollars are involved?
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 8:56am
Define "public."  Do you mean city dollars?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Define "public."  Do you mean city dollars?
I mean dollars provided by us taxpayers, regardless of from which pocket they take it!!! Angry

Could this “fan” of Alicia Silverstone be the mystery buyer??? (He is also rumored to be a friend of Marty Kohler.)

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 12:29pm
Below is an interesting log from the "Heritage Ohio" Facebook wall: 

Heritage Ohio Inquiring Heritage Ohio minds want to know: how are you involved in historic preservation and/or downtown revitalization in Ohio?

< id=commentable_item_1982008207_119449151403580 ="commentable_item one_row_add_ autoexpand_mode comment__119449151403580" =";var d = .Element;return d. && d.;" method=post name=add_comment =/ajax/ufi/modify.php ajaxify="1">April 20 at 5:01pm ·
Scott%20M.%20Sanders
Scott M. Sanders
I made a website for our restored theatre. :)
April 20 at 5:15pm · Report
Lisa%20Regula%20Meyer
Lisa Regula Meyer
I shop. Does that count? :)
April 20 at 5:32pm · Report
Bob%20Lambert
Bob Lambert
Its my daily life here in Hillsboro Ohio
April 20 at 8:24pm · Report
Jeremy%20Lambertson
Jeremy Lambertson
Yes in the process, just talked to frank last week
April 21 at 11:16am · Report
Heritage%20Ohio
Heritage Ohio
Keep us updated Jeremy. Lisa, as long as you spend some of your money with local, downtown retailers, that counts!
April 27 at 9:38am · Report
Jeremy%20Lambertson
Jeremy Lambertson
Do you have any Funds Available? Or know of any Investors ?
April 28 at 1:57am · Flag
Jeremy%20Lambertson
Jeremy Lambertson
we were accepted for our offer on the sorg mansion so ill keep you up to date frank thanks for all your help!! We can't wait to meet YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday at 11:07pm · Flag
Heritage%20Ohio
Heritage Ohio
Jeremy, I can't wait to see the Sorg restored to its former glory! Feel free to contact me with any questions through the rehab process.
Yesterday at 10:29am · Flag
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 1:33pm
At least someone is showing an interest in maintaining the house...unlike the Finkleman family.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 2:22pm
very cool to hear

I actually stopped by and looked into the home at 502 S Main---
What a mess--very sad.

Wouldn't want to be responsible for restoring either mansion.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 2:30pm
swohio
I really resent your statement.
If it wasn't for Harry it wouldn't be standing at all.
He restored and saved many old houses and buildings in this town.
Also remember that Harry told the City NOT to put the roof on downtown.

Always-dream View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 4:46pm
Atleast they are saving Middletown treasures and want to do good for the property, anyone agree or disagree
Dead man walkin' View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead man walkin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 5:07pm
This young person appears to be a part-time server at a chain restaurant in Cincinnati. He does not appear to have the funds to maintain the property, let alone to restore it.

Alone he has no shot at pulling off this deal.  He is likely nothing more than a "front" for someone who is "connected," such as Kohler.  Look for public funds to be shoveled into this property by the truckloads, first to keep the riff-raff away from the upper crust's precious S. Main St. Snob District; second to allow funds to be siphoned into the pockets of city hall Tamany types.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" (Psalm 23)
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Dead man walkin' Dead man walkin' wrote:

This young person appears to be a part-time server at a chain restaurant in Cincinnati. He does not appear to have the funds to maintain the property, let alone to restore it.

And you are basing that on what? 
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 5:41pm
Just because people are not rich dosent mean they can't do somthing to make a impact, just becase it might take long for this person to have it finished doesn't mean they can't do it, and just because your poor doesn't mean not care about what you have and where you live and not take care of it an live like trash, let's start making the people that let there house waste away and bring down everyone elses home value just becase they are to lazy to maintain there stuff and throw there trash all over, we need to take a stand and never back down make them take care of there property or get a fine and not a 1000 dollar fine a 100 fine where you know they can pay it and hopfuly learn that less money will be spent in the long run if you take care of your stuff and buy stuff that's not cheap and goin to fall apart in 2 days cheaper isn't always better
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead man walkin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Originally posted by Dead man walkin' Dead man walkin' wrote:

And you are basing that on what? 
Based on what?  Have you heard of the internet?

This bozo couldn't even buy a cheapie car without lieing and going to a subprime lender.  Want me to tell you the make and model and the dealers?

Yet you want me to believe that he can get a $400K loan plus pay the huge utility bills and do a million bucks worth of restoration, all on the tips from Max & Erma's (part-time, yet)? 

Sure, he can do that, and I'm goin to live to be 100! NOT!

This kid is a front, nothing more than a puppet for someone getting ready to pick the public's pocket.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" (Psalm 23)
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 7:57pm
I've been hearing some really good Things about the Sorg Mansion and i think its going to help middletown out A lot and drawl some people into downtown and a Facebook page has been made and added this is EXCITING for mMddletown!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2010 at 4:09am
wow that is cool! I am really really hope for the best with the Sorg Mansion :)
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2010 at 9:20pm
Oh boy!  You guys are good.  Way to connect the pieces.  I would love to see inside this place.  
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 12:48am
you and me both :)
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 7:26am
you will be able to see it soon
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 8:24am
Care to share the plans for it?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 12:38pm
There will be a Press Release soon
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead man walkin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Always-dream Always-dream wrote:

I've been hearing some really good Things about the Sorg Mansion and i think its going to help middletown out A lot and drawl some people into downtown and a Facebook page has been made and added this is EXCITING for mMddletown!
Ooooooh.  A facebook page!  That means this must be the real deal or you couldn't possibly having a facebook page.

Did you ask Frank Q. first to be sure that it was okay to do this? 
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 5:45pm
Who is Frank Q?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always-dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 6:15pm
Frank Quinn From Heritage Ohio
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2010 at 6:29pm
Is he the one buying it? I never heard of him. Is he from Middletown?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic