FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Sunday Drive!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Sunday Drive!!
    Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 4:01pm

I spent my Sunday afternoon driving around Middletown and I must say that the shape of this town is appalling. I spent most of my drive in areas that most of our artsy friends  would never venture too and may have never even  seen outside of the newspaper.

The shape of streets like Young, First Ave, 18th and that whole area around there, is sad to see. You can blame it on the lack of jobs and all the foreclosures in Middletown, you can even blame it on City council if you wanted too. But the truth is most people ( I said most) just don’t care about the area they live in. It is really that simple!!

You can be on section 8 and out of work and still care about your neighborhood. The amount of trash in the streets and yards is crazy. If these city leaders really cared about this city and the appearance we have to others they would enforce some clean up on people.

But I guess that doesn't fit into the whole we gotta have art in this area to rebuild. I am seriously considering moving to Monroe, and that saddens me....I love Middletown!!!

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 5:26pm

Randy
    The areas of Church, Oakland and Sherman are really sad to see. Every where you look is an empty lot, empty house in foreclosure, tall grass and trash, trash trash. These are not the signs of poverty, these are the signs of "NO HOPE"
    Now people have started dumping furniture and mattresses on other people’s property because of new bedbugs rules. So just wait a few months and it will look even worse.
    Middletown needs LEADERSHIP

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 6:05pm
Vivian, I live on the corner of Edgewood and Linden I travel those areas often and it is horrible the shape of those streets and homes.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic