FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr.Picard You Were Out Of Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 10:00pm
I just cant believe that anyone would watch this video and read these emails and think that this type of conduct is ok by a city council member. Is there any way for the people to get together and ask for a council member to be removed? I kow I should know this answer butI don't.

I would have been ok with this outbrust had Mr.Picard just said it was in the heat of the moment and sorry. But instead he has tried to blow it off like he is too good or above the same respect he demands be given to him.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 10:12pm
Randy you would have to start a recall petition, which requires X number of registered voters signatures.....I don't recall the number right off the top of my head.   Will try and look it up tomorrow.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Ms. Scott-Jones:

While I do admire the fortitude expressed in the above emails, I must opine that you would be at a some disadvantage in the type of contest mentioned therein. I say this with absolutely no sense of sexism, either expressed or implied, but simply as a matter of the physiological differences between the two sexes.

In the interest of fairness, I would be pleased to stand in your stead should such a confrontation become necessary.

I assure you (and any of my beer-drinking acquaintances would be certain to testify) that both the volume and the pressure characteristics of my bladder are legendary, and my aim is steady. (Unfortunately, I must admit that my “draw and fire” time is not as quick as it once was, but I think you will agree that this aspect is not as important as the previously mentioned traits in such a duel as the one presently the subject of discussion.)

Feel free to contact me by email or telephone should you decide that my services are required. There would be no fee, as it would be my distinct pleasure to assist you in this matter!

Very best regards,

Mike Presta

Mr. Presta:

Your latest comment is offensive, unprofessional, and unworthy of a person of your education and experience. I do expect a great deal better from you and I am very insulted by your comments!  If people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues, as we all agreed to do earlier this year when we all signed an Agreement regarding our conduct as forum members, then I suggest you delete your account immediately.

TudorBrown

wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 11:38pm
Mike Presta is the MAN!!!!!! Always ready and willing to help in any way.
He remains my hero!

No surprise here regarding Mr. Dan Picard's actions.

Are there any more like Josh out there?

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:03am

It was not that long ago that the Citizens of Middletown had no voice at all. We could only sit and watch in silence as City Council passed everything on the agenda without one word or comment from any council member.  
Citizens comments or questions were all answered with “We are not set up to take question”.
It was not until Anita Scott Jones stated that she would like to answer the questions of the public that the long silence at our council meetings was broken. Later the new members started speaking up also. Isn’t this what we the public wanted?
It is evident from the article in the Middletown Journal that those in power want our council meetings to return to “The dark days of silence”.
While I do not approve of the action of Mr Picard at the last meeting it is my hope that the members will have more respect for each other in the future during these heated debates because I for one do not want to return to “The dark days of silence”.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:08am
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

Mr. Presta:

Your latest comment is offensive, unprofessional, and unworthy of a person of your education and experience. I do expect a great deal better from you and I am very insulted by your comments!  If people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues, as we all agreed to do earlier this year when we all signed an Agreement regarding our conduct as forum members, then I suggest you delete your account immediately.

TudorBrown

Ms: Brown:

I am sorry that you found my latest comments to be offensive, unprofessional, and unworthy of a person of my education and experience. Are you certain that you are aware of all of my past professions, education and experience???

I am likewise apologetic that I failed to meet your expectations. However, I do promise to do my very best to insult you in a much higher manner in the future, and in a manner much more in keeping with someone of my obviously excellent qualifications.

Yet I cannot accept complete responsibility for the fact that “people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues”!!! You see, despite my continuous volunteering, suggesting, gentle prodding, strong urging, satire, lecturing, and all other means of either offering assistance or attempting to shame them into serving the greater good of this community, some elected and appointed officials insist upon acting as scofflaws bent upon serving only their own interests and the interests of a small minority of this city, regardless of the consequences or cost to the community as a whole.

Further to your statement:

“If people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues, as we all agreed to do earlier this year when we all signed an Agreement regarding our conduct as forum members”

I must point out that it is a complete non sequitur!!! Whether “people on this Council” can or cannot “act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues” has absolutely nothing to do with ANY agreement that I might or might not have signed regarding conduct on this forum. You see, THEY, on city council, are elected officials acting during meetings in their official, elected capacities as public servants. We, here on this forum, are private individuals engaging in discussions of our own free will and in no official capacity of any sort.

You, madam, are free to “suggest” to me whatever you desire here. I likewise, am free to follow or disregard any such suggestions.  If you require more assistance in understanding this, I would be pleased to offer tutelage at a reasonable fee.

You may even challenge me to a “tinkling contest” if you dare. I must warn you, however, that before you do so, you would be well-advised to review the contents of my gentlemanly offer to Ms. Scott-Jones. I fear that you will be at a distinct disadvantage!  In such a duel, you might think that you'd be a “10”. I’d say “you're ‘n eight”!!! Big%20smile

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 6:28am
Randy- I believe that the recall petition signatures must represent at least 10 or 20 % of the electorate. Contact Betty McGary at the Butler County Board Of Elections for details and the proper forms to obtain. I would suggest that if you are going to go through with this, that you obtain a number of these petition signature forms, get a list of the registered voters in Middletown, and while you and others are out getting signatures for Picard's recall, you also start one for Becker, Mulligan, and Allen as well as several selected school board members. Might as well try to clean out as many at once as you can and make your hard work on this pay off. I will help you in going door to door in the 3rd Ward. Might even bump into Ms. Andrew along the way in the Oaks. You will need several helpers in all sections of the city to accomplish this. Who knows. If this is carried out and successful, and the Four Horsemen are removed and replaced, we may convince the new crew to look at canning the city manager and some of her subjects. A long shot, but think of the impact it would make and message it would send to the people pulling the current puppet strings.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 6:47am

705.92 Procedure for removal of elective officer by recall.

Any elective officer of a municipal corporation may be removed from office by the qualified voters of such municipal corporation. The procedure to effect such removal shall be:

(A) A petition signed by qualified electors equal in number to at least fifteen per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election, and demanding the election of a successor to the person sought to be removed, shall be filed with the board of elections. Such petition shall contain a general statement in not more than two hundred words of the grounds upon which the removal of such person is sought. The form, sufficiency, and regularity of any such petition shall be determined as provided in the general election laws.

(B) If the petition is sufficient, and if the person whose removal is sought does not resign within five days after the sufficiency of the petition has been determined, the legislative authority shall thereupon order and fix a day for holding an election to determine the question of the removal of the elective officer, and for the selection of a successor to each officer named in said petition. Such election shall be held not less than thirty nor more than forty days from the time of the finding of the sufficiency of such petition. The election authorities shall publish notice and make all arrangements for holding such election, which shall be conducted and the result thereof returned and declared in all respects as are the results of regular municipal elections.

(C) The nomination of candidates to succeed each officer sought to be removed shall be made, without the intervention of a primary election, by filing with the election authorities, at least twenty days prior to such special election, a petition proposing a person for each such office, signed by electors equal in number to ten per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election for the head of the ticket.

(D) The ballots at such recall election shall, with respect to each person whose removal is sought, submit the question: “Shall (name of person) be removed from the office of (name of office) by recall?”

Immediately following each such question, there shall be printed on the ballots, the two propositions in the order set forth:

“For the recall of (name of person).”

“Against the recall of (name of person).”

Immediately to the left of the proposition shall be placed a square in which the electors may vote for either of such propositions.

Under each of such questions shall be placed the names of candidates to fill the vacancy. The name of the officer whose removal is sought shall not appear on the ballot as a candidate to succeed the officer’s self.

In any such election, if a majority of the votes cast on the question of removal are affirmative, the person whose removal is sought shall be removed from office upon the announcement of the official canvass of that election, and the candidate receiving the plurality of the votes cast for candidates for that office shall be declared elected. The successor of any person so removed shall hold office during the unexpired term of the successor’s predecessor. The question of the removal of any officer shall not be submitted to the electors until such officer has served for at least one year of the term during which he is sought to be recalled. The method of removal provided in this section, is in addition to such other methods as are provided by law. If, at any such recall election, the incumbent whose removal is sought is not recalled, the incumbent shall be repaid the incumbent’s actual and legitimate expenses for such election from the treasury of the municipal corporation, but such sum shall not exceed fifty per cent of the sum that the incumbent is by law permitted to expend as a candidate at any regular municipal election.

Effective Date: 08-22-1995

Nelson...Himself View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:03am
Randy..&..VietVet,

Since..my..physical..health..is..not..good..count..on..me..to..provide..a..generous..financial..contribution.

Change..will..do..Middletown..good.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:08am
WHIO Local News

Citizens group petitions to recall Piqua Commissioners

By
Matt Natali
@ October 6, 2010 12:46 PM

PIQUA, Ohio -- A citizens group in Piqua has made good on a promise to recall four-of-five Piqua City Commissioners.

The group, called P.O.I.N.T., started its campaign in early September and filed petitions Wednesday morning to have the commissioners recalled.

The group filed the petitions with the clerk of the Piqua City Commission. It wants to recall Mayor Lucy Fess, Commissioner Judy Terry, Commissioner Joe Wilson and Commissioner William Vogt.

Organizers filed four petitions with 1,200 signatures on them. The group was only required to gather 1,000 signatures for each petition.

The next step is for the signatures to be validated and verified with the Miami County Board of Elections.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:27am
ok, well we need some replacements dont we??? Any ideas? Also do the votes need to come from the respective wards of a council person? Would you need 15 % of the voter turn out from the fourth ward to remove the fourth ward member?/
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 8:12am
There were 8424 Votes cast in the last Election 11-09, so you would need 1264 valid signatures or about 1500 total to allow for bad signatures.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 10:43am
Forget any re-call. Each candidate was overwhelmingly chosen, and has behaved as anticipated.
Not the first or last time that a Council meeting has gone sour by rude interaction. 

The email exchanges are most interesting, showing Mr.Picard as being very hypocritical. I had an extended email exchange with him about the Supthin St. re-do. While we did not agree, he was very civil and prompt with his responses. Obviously the split among Council is more serious than it has appeared(and it appears very serious publicly).

I doubt that Mr.Laubaugh was damaged by the verbal exchange. The constant interruptions and banter have gone past out of control. I would expect our Mayor to act accordingly from this point on. Hard to sympathize with Admin, however they must be responsive to this train wreck.
And as usual, the citizens suffer the most.

So--hold tight--challenge everything being done that deserves challenging, and please vote NO on any financial legislation coming up. That will get their attention. It might be a perfect time for a full explanation of the current charges on our water/sewer/waste bills if we are going to see increases. How much has been collected for each fund, and how the collections have been used.

Anyone else amazed at the creative financing used to pay for the overtime within the fire dept.?
How many other depts. are running up this future debt?
How long has this been going on, and how far out are the charges?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:04am
Spider- I don't understand why you are so adamant about not seeking the recalls. This has never been tried to my recollection. At the very least, it would send a message that these people are vulnerable and not above being considered for removal. I know that you have the same issues with the same people we have in this city. Why not at least give it the old "college try" toward their removal? The worst that could happen is that the person that went to Hamilton to get the petitions and talk to McGary is out gas and time and the circulators of the petitions are out time going to the registered voters homes to ask for their support and signature. Is is that you think it is a waste of time? Please specify why you are opposed. Thanks in advance.

How about you folks in all sections of the city? Would you be willing to take some time to gather some registered voter signatures for recall? Pac says we need about 1500 total. We are constantly being slammed for "all talk and no action" by MUSA detractors. Now is an opportunity to do something about that claim to gain some credibility. What say you all?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:08am

I would watch the channel 5 news tonight between 5 and 6, something tells that the Middletown City Council will be talked about it. Big%20smile

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:16am
Correct on most counts,Vet.
I have the same issues, and would both sign the petitions and vote for the re-calls.
I just don't think that it would pass.
Still better to groom different well-recieved and diverse candidates who are un-touchable to the lure of dark side funding. This city is screaming for better leadership, and it shows everywhere.
The same old tired faces haven't made things work.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:47am
randy- how about 9, 12, and 19 in Cincy (just in case channel 5 balks at reporting) and 2,7,22 and 45 in Dayton? Let's really show the whole area how classy our city government operation is here in good old Middletown!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:58am
Rome is burning, and the issues are whether someone outside the city serves, or someone inside serves? Obviously. Mr. Picard doing the bidding for the four horsemen. Reads as if Mr. Lambaugh is a marked man. Now, you see a glimpse of what the rationale was was "eliminating" the ward system...see ya AJ, Anita, and AJ, keep trying with the Chief before you are out of office, maybe you'll find that job you covet for life on the force and overtime.

The four horsemen under the Dome all voted for the cash cow raise of water. Why? Anyone who reads the balance sheet knows the city makes more money on water than any other service. Pay online and miss a payment by accident or out of town on vacation? you'll be shut down in 60 days. Compare that to Cincinnati, where bills are quarterly, water much cheaper, and the bills a quarter in arrears. What motivates these horsemen t do city hall's constant biddings...clients, prestiage, ego, rain for firms? I don't think the majority of residents already dying to get out of Middletown want an increase, but doesn't matter to the four horsemen.

Waste of time on recall. Who, why, and how many? Mr. Picard? Granted, chip on shoulder, 3rd marriage, non partner at FBT, being rude? Just being an advocate...as he was trained, but for whom, why, and how many? MMF, showing his style for more Monroe clients? Who knows, but obviously, a chip on shoulder by email communication. Pettiness and poor manners won't get anyone removed. Aren't there more serious issues? Raiding gas fund, as Nick Kidd says, a few ruining the city for majority? Waste of time, nothing will happen, not on the grounds of lack of civil dicourse.

As for new candidates, that was tried last time. AJ just lobbying for 1) his fire department position 2) Obama. Next election cycle the Dome and MMF will stack all candidates to "rubber stamp" all. What causes this mess, trading spaced down at Norris Lake? A weekend on the boat at the Ohio River?

This city is so far underwater, city council won't change, and now the stack rank comes into play with the "at large" candidates. Here's wishing Smith a shot at snatching a fire department position before he's ousted. Let the dueling outbursts pass over, Rome burning and finding a few water buckets much more serious than analysis of ego's over whi is an expert on burial grounds. I recall one very favorable interaction with Mr. Picard at a Xavier game I bumped into him, and one "talking down" encounter, when he was billing $190./ Hr at FBT, and laughed, if I could afford him. I elected to use a Managing Partner at the firm in downtown Cinci at $350./hr. He's an advocate....his client....MMf and city hall. Just doing his job.

My opinion only, but waste of time on recall over bad manners, and the issues which face the citizens vastly are more serious than a "smack down" and verbal sparring.   

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 2:41pm
Ok gentlemen- now that Spider and acclaro have given the "thumbs down" to the recall idea and have labeled it as a waste of time, what are our other options as you see it? Do we just keep taking a beating at the hands of these city ruiners and watch as "Rome burns" as acclaro often says? The only way to rid ourselves of the vermin that has infested this town with their destroying agenda is to do it at the polls with quality candidates that have the guts to clean up this mess and to fire the ones responsible for this catastrophy. That will take a group of individuals who are tough minded, don't mind taking on the power brokers intentions for the city, are comfortable taking on confrontation and don't care if they make friends on that side of the fence or not. Of course, we could all just leave. Just one small problem. Can't get anyone to buy our houses (and share the misery) so that we can leave. Only option now is to stay and fight the bas-----. JMO
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 2:53pm
Hey, Vet what have the God's of Middletown spoken or something.   Two opinions don't make a concensus, especially when they on one hand say clean house all of the time and then when the talk of a recall comes up......it's oh just forget it.

I'll sign and help Vet.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 2:54pm
Vet Im with you on this 100%.Its well over due,Should of started doing it when the "SUNCHOKE" was passed by the spinless so call leaders of Middletucky.I myself have talked to alot of people that are just as pissed as we are but probaly half of them say's"Well you can fight city hall."Hell yes you can fight city hall just need to have the spine to follow through and not stop cos you hit a snag.
Love to see all of them go except 2 of them and would do flips to see MS Judy hit the road to.Thumbs%20Up
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 3:09pm
Alright- randy....can you make the call to Betty McGary in Hamilton to see what is needed paperwork-wise and signature-wise and go down during the day to get our recall supplies? If so, let us know and we'll pick them up and distribute them to the various sections of town to start the signature collections. Target is 1500 valid registered voters from all sections of the city. Need some people in all sections of the city to develop some people to network the signature process. Anyone have a large group of people who would be willing to tackle this time consuming task? Churches, VFW's, parents at sports events, card-playing buddies, Eagles members to help perhaps??? Gotta stay with it until the sheets are filled. In the meantime, be thinking of a few candidates that would fit the profile that we would need to turn this mess around. Knows the issues, tough-minded, not influenced by the elitists, strong desire to change the direction of the city.....you all know what we need. Any candidates? Let's ask 'em.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 3:10pm

Vet, Middletown's reputation as damaged goods has been known for many years. No one can get out. No one wants in, and the council are just puppets, city hall pulling all strings. City been run this way for years. You are in quicksand, just like all Middletownian's. The only difference is there are a few lingering few who have been here all their life and think this is heaven, and they own the city. Advice- take your losses, sell low, and get out. They already have Lambaugh's replacement picked. Wasn't it nice to have the fresh tar spread on sewer covers recently? Progress my man, the city is making progress. If Len Robinson can't shake up city hall by going after Kohler, think anyone is listening? The lights upstairs went out 30 years ago. If it makes you feel any better, even Mr. Picard can't get out, stuck over there with the sleigh ride "Rumpke" hill that used to be named a hospital. As Rome burns, you won't see a Phoenix rising. This is fighting the Civil War for the South, in 1900. The war is over....its lost, and no rebel with a nobel cause, can gain anything at this point in time. JMO.   

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:22pm
Hey--I just gave my opinion of the re-call idea.
Go for it if you choose.
I will support it.

Just watched the channel 5 report
WOW
Mr.Picard did not come off well, deservedly after watching his outburst.
MUSA was shown, including parts of posts by Randy and myself.
Fire Dept.spokesmen slammed them also.

Another sad day for the city.

Bring it on!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:35pm
Anyone Got the video:

WLWT.com

Tempers Flare At Middletown Council Meeting

Officials Argue Over Board Appointments

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio -- Tempers flared Tuesday at the Middletown City Council meeting, where two city officials argued over non-residents sitting on local boards.

Television cameras captured council members Dan Picard and Josh Laubach as they argued heatedly over the issue.

"Mr. Laubach, I'm speaking and I'd appreciate it if you shut up while I am," Picard said.

"Excuse me, Mr. Picard," Laubach said.

"No, you owe me the respect of being quiet until I'm done," Picard said.

"You have the floor," Laubach said.

The incident has become the talk of the town, with residents expressing their anger and frustration on message boards and to each other.

"The bickering and infighting among council is not going to allow the city to move forward to where it needs to be," said Jon Harvey, president of the firefighters union.

Harvey said the City Council needs to focus on more important issues, such as the budget and the proposed cuts of three firefighters.

No City Council members were willing to discuss the incident on the record, but a couple of officials told News 5 they were disappointed by Picard's words and called them unprofessional.

Picard declined to comment to News 5, but he sent an e-mail apologizing to other City Council members.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic