FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr.Picard You Were Out Of Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:41pm
Your comments spiderjohn, were on mark: dysfunctional, one- dimentional, biased, irresponsible, looking out for the beast, not the citizens. This showings just continue to make Middletown look like the backwoods, corrupt city it is. Living a nightmare---the strike that wiped out the city, then the housing meltdown, now raising water, anything, to keep the beast fat, lazy, and fed. Its pathetic it tolerated, and seeing this on local news is watching a train wreck. Go for it Vet, my point was there are more serious violations I've read than the embarrassment of the "shut up stupid, do you know I'm Dan Picard" outburst. What a soap opera Middletown is, and city hall just laughs, and thinks whom is next in line, with the six figure pay-out and retirement.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:44pm
The Video wil lbe on line in about two hours, waiting for channel have to post it. Thank you Karin for the report.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:58pm

Here is the link to the video

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 6:07pm

Regarding any attempt at a recall:

It seems obvious that the first thing we must do is have Council appoint a Board or Commission on Recalls.

(Of Course, they will have to look outside the city to find competent people to appoint to this board, since Middletonians are all inept.  This may be illegal, but that has never bothered the City Law Director thus far, nor does it seem to bother the majority of City Council!!!)

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 9:20pm
Randy...how did you get your hands on pvt e-mails between council members? If you said so I missed it. Mike Presta- I don't know you personally, but I enjoy your writing skills tremendously. That except where you offer your services to a female council member should become legendary... Very well done!
"Because nice matters..."
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 9:46pm

Judy will be gone by 2012.

TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

This has never been tried to my recollection.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060614115014/http://www.middletownrecall.com/
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by PattiGal PattiGal wrote:

Randy...how did you get your hands on pvt e-mails between council members? If you said so I missed it. Mike Presta- I don't know you personally, but I enjoy your writing skills tremendously. That except where you offer your services to a female council member should become legendary... Very well done!
Ms. Gal,

At this stage of my life, if I can either brighten the day for a nice person or darken the day for a scoundrel, I consider it a successful day for myself!!! Smile

Thank you very much for your kind words. Embarrassed  I think that yesterday was doubly successful!!! LOL LOL LOL

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Bill Bill wrote:

Judy will be gone by 2012.

Just Judy???  What about Les and Marty???

And to paraphrase that old saying:

Why put off until 2012 what you can do in 2010 or 2011??? Big%20smile
Billy Jack View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

Mr.Picard,Once a idiot always a idiot.Grow the hell up.
I totally agree . As we have witnessed today . We the people of Middletown have made a bad choice. Mr. Picard need to STEP DOWN. It is obvious that there is alot of desention on council and I think it all point to him. He sure demostrats the Big man my way  or else. Do we need someone like this  representing us. NO WE DO NOT. Thank you Mr Lumbaugh for respresently the people of Middletown,Ohio  Keep up the good work. Don't be bullied
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by danpicard danpicard wrote:

Apparently none of you notice that Mr. Laubach interrrupted me and attempted to prevent me for expressing my opinions.  I guess I am just suppose to keep thoughts to myself...oh yeah, apparently you guys don't like that either since it demonstrates that I am not doing the "work " of Council....
His attempts to silence me. other Council members and City Staff have been far more offensive than anything I have ever done!
I think Mr Picard needs to grow up. Act normal for a change. Stop the big man with a stick complex. We the people of Middletown has seen your dark side. It's Time for a Recall
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 12:31am

As many would agree. I Hope the City of MIddletown has more police at the next  council meeting. As they might have to detain Mr Picard. His actions are unwarrented. I hope he steps down so that council can move forward with productive meetings

Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 1:15am
I've said it before and nobody ever comments on it, but to resolve this problem we need to reduce the terms to ONE YEAR. They can keep running year after year, but each term should be one year. Big cities are usually 2 years. Why does Middletown force the citizens to be stuck with council members for 4 whole years? Congress only gets 2 at a time. In a small town, one year is enough to show what you are made of and it would give us the opportunity to vote them out if that is needed.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 2:39am
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 6:44am
acclaro- you paint a sad, but perhaps true picture of what Middletown has become. We have a choice here even if one thinks it is all over and any effort is futile. We can take your advice, resign ourselves, as you have, that there is nothing we can do and not even try. We can adopt their reasoning and direction for the city and "go along with the program" (hard to imagine most on this forum want that) or we can actually try to be pro-active (perhaps futile as you and Spider think it is), gather recall lists, submit for consideration and see what happens. To date, we have all gathered here to comment, complain, gripe, discuss, present evidence, facts, charts, graphs, copy articles from various sources and tell the world why we think things are so screwed up in this town, but there is one thing that none of us has done (at least successfully) and that is to organize a recognizable group that actually has their sh-- together and has challenged the enemy with any clout behind them. I see alot of smart people on this forum. I see people who know how to research and "dig out" the evidence to support the positions of most who post here. I read comments here that tell me that there are some people in this city who are not insiders, but know insider things that none of the general public is aware of. We have, on this forum, a group of people, including yourself, that are highly knowledgeable, highly intelligent, highly informed about an array of topics and yet, we can't seem to organize to develop a gameplan to overcome the people who control the town? The only difference between their success as town destroyers and our lack of success in preventing them from destroying the town is that they are organized with the purpose of controlling the town, and we can't get all of the discontent people in this town (including us) to organize. They have a purpose (control) - we have the rage to change it but not the committment. The people in this town are "ate up" with apathy when all it would take is an effort from them to change their unhappiness by recalling, voting in the right people and having those "right people" purge the city building. We can start it here on his forum with some committment and some effort and solicit support from the general public by creating our own counter-information, refuting the cities crap they throw the people. The highlights of this forum needs to go out to the general public. We only have a small % of the population that reads this forum. What about the other 95%? They only get the city skewed info. How about we give them what is really going on in this city on a more wide-spread basis? Would it fire them up? Would they be as angry as we are? Would they want to do something about it? Maybe not, but we don't know for sure unless we try, do we? Just a thought. Who wants to begin the organization? Comments/ suggestions?? Any interest at all? JMO
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 8:44am
Vet, my point again is a recall may be an effort worthy of making, but I remain confused---is it directed towards ONLY Mr. Picard, or others? Nick Kidd has made some very strong comments about the city using or misappropriating gas funds collected, it that substantiated, and if so, would that not be a stronger basis for a recall? I offer as an example, the cemetary situation with the city. A complaint was filed, and I haven't read or seen evidence the city was hit hard with a fine or much of any action taken.

If this is based upon rudenes, I am sure almost every city has had periods where a council member ws rude, but perhaps exerting enough pressure will cause Mr. Picard to resign or the recall petition will set up another candidate. At the end of the day, I just don't think city council puts forth the effort to push for the people, its all about the city.

To your final point, I totally agree about the apathy. I can't figure it out, but those wanting change stay on the sidelines. Go for it, nothing ventured is nothing gained.    
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 9:41am
Vet and acclaro, you are both correct. For many years I tried to get our citizens to see just where our city was headed. The criminals that have destroyed our city rely on the following:

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.
                                                      -Plato

Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 10:23am
Vet, acclaro, Mike Presta, Vivian and others: There are a ways to get rid of the members of council and criminals in the city building! It is time to hold them personnally responsible for their criminal conduct. I have been gathering evidence of criminal activity for many years. Just within the last few weeks the crooks in the city building have started violating the civil rights of many citizens. I think council and the city employees should take personal responsibility for these violations. If we file many multi-million dollar civil rights violations lawsuits against them personally, they will gladly remove themselves. Also, at the last coucil meeting, council voted to steal more money from the citizens by charging a minimum "rain" tax on real estate where  water is shut off. If you remember when a previous council told us that the storm water sewer charge was "federally mandated charge"? That was a lie! That was a sceme hatched in our city building to steal more money from the citizens, because council can raise water and sewer rates without a vote of the citizens. This money should go into an enterprise fund along with the increases in water and sewer charges. These funds are already overcharging and the extra money being skimmed off. The sewer separation fund was also an enterprise fund that hundreds of millions of dollars are missing. After the election, I think that we should petition the auditor of the state to come in and audit the enterprise funds(along with all the other funds) and get the attorney general to prosecute all those involved in over charging and misappropriating the money from these funds.
 An added thought, if we got rid of just one inspector from city payroll, the savings on their benefit package would pay to open our pool. The saving on their paycheck would maintain our park and cemetery. 
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Nick_Kidd Nick_Kidd wrote:

Vet, acclaro, Mike Presta, Vivian and others: There are a ways to get rid of the members of council and criminals in the city building! It is time to hold them personnally responsible for their criminal conduct. I have been gathering evidence of criminal activity for many years. Just within the last few weeks the crooks in the city building have started violating the civil rights of many citizens. I think council and the city employees should take personal responsibility for these violations. If we file many multi-million dollar civil rights violations lawsuits against them personally, they will gladly remove themselves. Also, at the last coucil meeting, council voted to steal more money from the citizens by charging a minimum "rain" tax on real estate where  water is shut off. If you remember when a previous council told us that the storm water sewer charge was "federally mandated charge"? That was a lie! That was a sceme hatched in our city building to steal more money from the citizens, because council can raise water and sewer rates without a vote of the citizens. This money should go into an enterprise fund along with the increases in water and sewer charges. These funds are already overcharging and the extra money being skimmed off. The sewer separation fund was also an enterprise fund that hundreds of millions of dollars are missing. After the election, I think that we should petition the auditor of the state to come in and audit the enterprise funds(along with all the other funds) and get the attorney general to prosecute all those involved in over charging and misappropriating the money from these funds.
 An added thought, if we got rid of just one inspector from city payroll, the savings on their benefit package would pay to open our pool. The saving on their paycheck would maintain our park and cemetery. 
ClapClapClapClapClapClap..Amen Nick. Time for the crooks to exit the city.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Rhodes Rhodes wrote:

I've said it before and nobody ever comments on it, but to resolve this problem we need to reduce the terms to ONE YEAR. They can keep running year after year, but each term should be one year. Big cities are usually 2 years. Why does Middletown force the citizens to be stuck with council members for 4 whole years? Congress only gets 2 at a time. In a small town, one year is enough to show what you are made of and it would give us the opportunity to vote them out if that is needed.

Rhodes,

I must've missed this when you've said it in the past, but it is a GREAT idea!!!

Our City Charter needs some major revisions. It needs a good going over by a group of citizens NOT controlled by the scoundrels that are ruining our city.

The SHORTENING of the term of City Council members should be the starting point of such an effort. Although I think one year is too short, I would certainly support TWO YEARS as an appropriate length term for council members in our city.

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 2:49pm
Hey Nick,
        Do you remember when we were running that we got called into a meeting by Les landen to insultingly tell us what we could and couldn't say and do in our campaigns and/or if we sat on council.
Mr. Landen must have forgotten that class with this council.
Paul Nagy
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 2:52pm
Nick - I agree 100%...I've said it for some time that the state auditor needs to come in but being an outsider (from city hall) I don't have the evidence to file with the auditor.

If you have evidence and can prove a solid case then I suggest in wasting no time on contacting the auditor. On the state auditors website they have a way of reporting these things but it requires personal information which may or will become public record.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Hey Nick,
        Do you remember when we were running that we got called into a meeting by Les landen to insultingly tell us what we could and couldn't say and do in our campaigns and/or if we sat on council.
Mr. Landen must have forgotten that class with this council.
Paul Nagy
The City Law Director seems to only apply the law or the Code of Ethics when it suits him or his handlers.

We consistently see him approve, overlook, or acquiesce illegal and unethical behavior.

It is time for him to go, but for his pension to stay. He should not be allowed to resign. He should be fired for cause and either the County prosecutor or the State AG should determine if a criminal case could be made.

Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 3:49pm
Paul, can you believe that Les Landen could even say the word ethics without being struck by lighting?

Hermes, my intentions are to file with the Auditor of State and the Attorney General of the State. The only reason for waiting is the election. They are out trying to get elected and we will have new ones after the election. Filing right now would probably get lost in the shuffle.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 10:30pm
Scott-Jones in his E-Mails. He is out of control in his superiority type of attitude. This is not in a discussion mode, but rather an argumentative style that will discredit what little credibility council has built and create the uneasy feeling that seemed present on the council tape as it played out. Ms. Scott-Jones' assessment of the 4 to 3 vote on a repetitive basis is correct. It appears, whether they want to admit it or not, that there are two camps on council.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic