FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr.Picard You Were Out Of Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr.Picard You Were Out Of Line
    Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 12:09pm
[SCRIPT] var so = new SWFObject('http://www.middletownusa.com/mediaplayer.swf','ShutUpjoshVideo','400','300','8'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addVariable('file','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/ShutJosh%5Fconverted%2Eflv'); so.addVariable('overstretch','true'); so.addVariable('backcolor','0xFFFFFF'); so.addVariable('autostart','false'); so.addVariable('height','300'); so.addVariable('width','400'); so.addVariable('overstretch','fit'); so.addVariable('image','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/previews/Shutup%2Ejpg'); so.addVariable('logo','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/data/musa-logo.png'); so.write('ShutUpjosh'); [/SCRIPT]
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 12:14pm
Mr.Picard,Once a idiot always a idiot.Grow the hell up.
firewater View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 12:32pm
WOW Picard you are a Censored fool.
Way to go Josh stand up to people like him that why I voted for you ClapClapClap
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 12:47pm

I am so tired of the way this council s being ran; I was unable to attend last night. I did record it from the office and have watched it all. I am applauded at the way Mr. Picard acted towards Mr. Laubach and how the Mayor did not step in and take control of the meeting.

People things in this town must change and must change now. The “Good Ole Boys Club” has done enough damage to Middletown with their self serving agendas.

So I know that Mr. Picard reads this forum quite often; I ask you to explain yourself to the people. What gave you the right to speak this way to another council member? Seeing how you have interrupted Mrs. Scott-Jones more than once. Are you above showing the respect you demanded from Mr. Laubach? I personal believe an apology (public) is needed from you sir. You were so far out of line that you should be asked to step down as council. And If I lived in your ward I would be embarrassed to say I had voted for you after your actions at last nights Meeting  

danpicard View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danpicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 2:56pm
Apparently none of you notice that Mr. Laubach interrrupted me and attempted to prevent me for expressing my opinions.  I guess I am just suppose to keep thoughts to myself...oh yeah, apparently you guys don't like that either since it demonstrates that I am not doing the "work " of Council....
His attempts to silence me. other Council members and City Staff have been far more offensive than anything I have ever done!
Dan Picard
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:07pm
I don't know Picard a simple, excuse me while I finish please, would have sufficed, rather than your Overbearing attorney superiority complex attitude, of "SHUT UP" that you carry constantly while sitting at the Council table.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:07pm
ok, so what about your interruptions of Mrs. Scott-Jones more than once? And I dont believe that anyone has ever said "Dan Shut Your Mouth" And for you to think that you were not out of line speaks volumes.  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:41pm
In all fairness to all parties, it must be incredibly difficult for all involved to maintain any sense of calmness when these heated topics are discussed. I watched Randy's segment and saw two gentlemen that were trying to make their points, each thinking they had the first shot at talking. I also saw the leader of council listening, but not really attempting to "play referee". I also saw Mr. Allen, Mr. Becker, Ms. Scott-Jones and Mr. Smith as either voluntarily not being involved or wanting to be involved but not knowing where to interject into the discussion OR, perhaps most disturbing, not being interested in the discussion at all and having no initiative to offer any comments to the topic. Again, does Mr. Becker or Mr. Allen EVER offer anything of any value to most of the work from this council? Mr. Picard- Mr. Laubach- probably a good idea to start talking to each other again and resume the business of the city for the purpose of reaching an agreement so that we can move on. How about it gentlemen?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:12pm
I am with Vet on this one, though I haven't seen the video of this classic Council moment.
I understand Mr.Picard's frustration, however he is no stranger to rude interruption. Just watching the live video is enough to make me scream and turn off the broadcast.

This Council/Admin is now totally disfunctional, and in no way is focused on serving the general citizenry. The dark side is controlling the show like something out of a third world country landscape. Our Mayor is a nice guy, who has not exercised balanced control of the situation. He simply plays to his favorites, and that is hurting everything.

It has become like a bad disease. Any new faces that can function together would do a better job.
Admin must be tearing out their hair trying to appease this group, if they care at all(and I am not sure.

Mr.Picard should have worded his request much differently, and some type of decorum and leadership must be established--and not a one-sided iron fist.

Another sad night for the citizens of Middletown.

Don't let this situation distract from the real issues to be decided by this group.
We must give them as much constructive advice as poss
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:17pm

Might I suggest pistols at twenty paces?

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:21pm
Vet, while I agree that things can and do get heated between council and things can be said in the moment that later when looked back upon the person may say I was out of line, but was worked up at the moment. In an instance such as that a man would say just that...I was worked up and spoke in a manner that I now think was a little rude. Thats what a person of character.

what they would not do is come on here and say he started it and I was right to do what I did because he has done it to others. We are not 5 years old. I think the way Picard acted was out of line, but could be forgiven as in the heat of the moment, had he explained it that way. Instead he has chosen to say I am justified because Josh does it to others.

In my opinion thats classless.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:41pm
If you dont think that tensions ran high behind the scenes with this Current council  have a read at some emails exchanged between them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:21 PM
To: *All Council Members
Cc: Kohler, Marty; Robinette, Mike; Landen, Les
Subject: Historic Preservation Ordinance

Dear Council,

Staff and I met yesterday to discuss the proposed historic preservation ordinance.   As a result of our meeting, we decided the best thing to do at this point is to postpone the second reading of the ordinance until we receive clarification from Council.  We have included the item under City Manager comments for discussion on Tuesday and not under the legislative agenda.

As you may be aware, this ordinance resulted from a group of interested citizens approaching Councilmember Smith about strengthening and clarifying our ordinance on historic preservation.  While staff supports the changes and believes that we should protect our unique historic housing assets, we recognize that we’ve been operating with our current ordinance for nearly 30 years. 

Yet, given the age of the ordinance, it needs some clarification and updating.  We believe the draft before you provides the needed changes.  Staff has shared the ordinance with the two historic districts and they are in agreement with the proposed changes. 

Staff members met last week with Vice Mayor Jones and Councilmember Laubach and discussed revisions of the ordinance.  While we are prepared to make changes to the ordinance, I felt it was best to have further discussion with council as a group to ensure consensus before more staff time was committed to the project. 

See you all on Tuesday!  Thanks, Judy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 7:07 AM
To: Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members
Subject: RE: Historic Preservation Ordinance

This ordinance has been in place for almost 30 years and it is in need of an update and I see no reason to delay this any further.  All of the people who live within these districts knew of the ordinance prior to purchasing their property or they were a party to passage of the original ordinance.  Any prospective purchaser would also be made aware of the requirements of the ordinance prior to purchasing a residence within these districts. 

All of these homeowners have a vested interest in maintaining the higher standards set by this ordinance and they should be able to rely upon its continued existence.  I believe making the changes requested by the citizens who have invested so much into their districts is the right approach at this time and I request that this matter receive a second reading on Tuesday.

Dan Picard
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 8:16 AM
To: Picard, Dan; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

This ordinance sets up the possibility for a gross abuse of property rights ( In addition, the current Ord. is out of line in my opinion). I have no issues with creating standards to maintain our historic properties. However, this ordinance is written in such a fashion as to give this "Historic Commission" power it should not have. Plain and simple. The ends do not justify the means.  If this is brought forward as is, be prepared for a long discussion Tuesday. I will not support this as is.
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 8:51 AM
To: Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Mr. Laubach:

We obviously should discuss this matter, but please do not threaten all of us with " a long discussion" as motivation for me to change my mind about this issue. Thank you. 

Dan Picard

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 8:56 AM
To: Picard, Dan; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Not a threat Mr. Picard. Just simply putting everyone on notice that this will not come through the council chambers without long analysis of what the current proposed ordinance lays out. You can write your email about why it should be on the agenda Tuesday. I can certainly let everyone know where I stand if it should come as written.
Good Day,
Josh Laubach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 5:22 PM
To: Laubach, Joshua; Picard, Dan; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Since Middletown became a city in 1886 and since the people voted to eliminate wards, and since most people all over this city make investments in their districts, we should delcare the entire city historic (maybe we could use the fact that over 50% of the city was declared disadvantaged a year ago) and see where that goes.  At the end of the day, we each are entitled to our own opinions.  No need to get in urinating contests, just vote your conscience.  ???????????????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 7:49 AM
To: Jones, Anita Scott; Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Mrs. Scott Jones:

Your latest e-mail is offensive, unprofessional, and unworthy of a person of your education and experience. I do expect a great deal better from you and I am very insulted by your comments!  If people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues, as we all agreed to do earlier this year when we all signed an Agreement regarding our conduct as Council members, then I suggest you resign immediately.

Dan Picard 

Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:11 PM
To: Picard, Dan; Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

I am not going to get in a urinating contest with you or anyone else.  It appears that only some people can say whatever they want, professional or not, and it is ok.  Obviously, professional is not the decor of the day.  You are entitled to your opinion.  I am sure there have been people on council who have wanted me to resign from day one.  I will simply at you to that list but you know me well enough by now.  Now should I take your remarks as offensive or threatening?
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:17 PM
To: Jones, Anita Scott; Picard, Dan; Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Are you asking to resign because I am nobody's puppet.  What is this  all about.  You signed the samre document and the people intop office.  I suggest you contact them for a recall.  It doesn't matter to me. 

Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:21 PM
To: Jones, Anita Scott; Picard, Dan; Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Why don't you get an ethics opinion?

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:55pm
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 7:49 AM
To: Jones, Anita Scott; Laubach, Joshua; Gilleland, Judith; *All Council Members

Mrs. Scott Jones:

Your latest e-mail is offensive, unprofessional, and unworthy of a person of your education and experience. I do expect a great deal better from you and I am very insulted by your comments!  If people on this Council cannot act as adults and engage in appropriate discussions of the issues, as we all agreed to do earlier this year when we all signed an Agreement regarding our conduct as Council members, then I suggest you resign immediately.

Dan Picard 

Picard, your actions last night were offensive and unprofessional and unworthy of a person of your education and experience.

I would suggest that since you signed the same agreement as the other Council members and have a hard time abiding by it, that you take your own advice and resign immediately sparing the Citizens of Middletown anymore of your unprofessional behavior.

Thank you in Advance
Citizens of Middletown
TANGO View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:00pm
Cant we all just get along
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:39pm

Ms. Scott-Jones:

While I do admire the fortitude expressed in the above emails, I must opine that you would be at some disadvantage in the type of contest mentioned therein. I say this with absolutely no sense of sexism, either expressed or implied, but simply as a matter of the physiological differences between the two sexes.

In the interest of fairness, I would be pleased to stand in your stead should such a confrontation become necessary.

I assure you (and any of my beer-drinking acquaintances would be certain to testify) that both the volume and the pressure characteristics of my bladder are legendary, and my aim is steady. (Unfortunately, I must admit that my “draw and fire” time is not as quick as it once was, but I think you will agree that this aspect is not as important as the previously mentioned traits in such a duel as the one presently the subject of discussion.)

Feel free to contact me by email or telephone should you decide that my services are required. There would be no fee, as it would be my distinct pleasure to assist you in this matter!

Very best regards,

Mike Presta

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:44pm
Having read these E-Mails, specifically Mr. Picard's, it would appear that Mr. Picard enjoys confrontational issues which could impede the progress of the business of council. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and sees everyone who disagrees with him as an enemy. He has now confronted Mr. Laubach in the meeting and Ms. Scott-Jones in his E-Mails. He is out of control in his superiority type of attitude. This is not in a discussion mode, but rather an argumentative style that will discredit what little credibility council has built and create the uneasy feeling that seemed present on the council tape as it played out. Ms. Scott-Jones' assessment of the 4 to 3 vote on a repetitive basis is correct. It appears, whether they want to admit it or not, that there are two camps on council. The "3" camp seems to be more "in tune" with serving the people and cognizant of the people's desires for their town and the "4" camp seem to be determined to execute their game plan of ignoring the people and throwing under the bus, anyone who gets in their way in that execution. Their's is a plan of majority citizen exclusion and selected small special interest faction inclusion. It is time to recall the group of 4. They are supporting the wrong side and seem to be intentionally hell-bent on the town destruction.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:47pm
Hmmmmmmm...using the word "urinating" in an email qualifies as a resign-able offense according to Picard, yet loosing your temper and yelling "SHUT UP" at another council member on live TV is OK.   You have got to love Middletown Standards for professional behavior.Thumbs%20Up
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:53pm

No one is feeling better about themselves more than Laura Williams!

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:57pm
Mrs. Williams at her best........

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Hmmmmmmm...using the word "urinating" in an email qualifies as a resign-able offense according to Picard, ...
Well, I do see his point.  I, myself, prefer the much more genteel term: "tinkling"!!! Wink LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TANGO View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 7:08pm
I agree with Vet, but my concerns are that Dan P.keeps having a hard time with running a cemetery and thinks their is only one person in butler co. that can do it .(expert I think was his exact wording). I sit on the board a cemertry just outside of the city. It is a private one and we meet twice a year for about 2 hrs. It is very well maintained and easy to manage. Iam sure sitting on council is far more involved. So Dan P. if you think that we need to go out get an quote expert, then maybe this council postion is to much. Just an idea
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 7:21pm
I think Mr. Picard needs to exercise his own suggestions and resign his position on council immediately. Not only are his actions in the video unprofessional but also his statements in the email to Mrs. Scott-Jones. Apparently by Mr Picards demeanor he sits himself at a higher level than everyone else on council. This type of personification is not what this city needs at the moment.

Mayor Mulligan,our poor sheepish mayor. If ever there were need of a recall by the voters he is it. For him to sit there and allow the heated words of Mr Picard to echo through the chambers is beyond ridiculous. Mulligan as the mayor should have exercised his power and duty and took control. This was total failure on his part.

Picard,Mulligan and Becker should be recalled by the voters. This stunt and others is absolutely uncalled for and extremely embarrassing to the city and the people of Middeltown. A public apology is called for but a recall is a necessity.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 7:32pm
I don't agree with Mr. Picard's behavior in the above video, but I am not the least bit concerned with his response to Mrs. Scott Jones. Her email really disappoints me, she presents herself in a much better manner in public.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 7:33pm
It is funny all these years the City didn't give two hoots about the Cemetery and now that they have found a way to basically wash their hands of it and get the Citizens to mind the store for free and raise funds for the Vault etc. we must change a law to get an expert to sit on the board.  Lets not forget we have to change the law also to cover their butts for the others they have appointed and shouldn't have to other boards.

We could always try and get this put on the ballot as a Referendum couldn't we, along with Red Light Cameras, putting the infrastructure fund back on the books, etc.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 7:38pm
Hey, SupportMiddletown what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  Unprofessional behavior is unprofessional behavior, whether it is in an email that becomes Public Property once it goes to the city or you are in a Council meeting on TV.

Picard has basically become the Hit man for the 4 horsemen on Council.  He is the one to read the letters taking someone to task.  He is the one to cut people off and put a motion forward.  He doesn't hang up his lawyer hat at 5:00pm he wears it to council every meeting and most meetings you watch him just waiting for him to pounce.  His questioning of staff and others is as if he is still in Court.

Don't call out one member of council and then turn around with unprofessional behavior of your own and expect the citizens to ignore it.

SupportMiddletown, don't take this the wrong way, but are you a Stuffed shirt or blouse in private and in your emails, as you come across in all of your posts here?  You never let loose at all?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic