FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two Laws?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Laws?
    Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 10:51pm
I am beginning to think that there are two sets of law enforcement, one that goes after the tax paying citizens for  gutters,needed paint jobs,and damgaged wood work when over 2300 citations were recently passed out yet if you reside in a section 8 complex you are allowed to scatter junk all over the front lawn of the complex everyday of the week( which foremost violates our own city ordiance that clearly states only 4 yard sales per yr.)and also a traffic harzard when automobiles stop in the middle of the road to view this selected junk.
A email was send to the city informing them of this situation along with 4 phone calls which the city promised  to go out and investigate  this violation. One of the ladies said this would be shut down on the 21st of the month which it has been still operating every day since,also a email from the city  stated that  this "Case was Closed". Yesterday I was told by another lady that she would turn it over to the zoning dept unless I wanted to talk to them myself which I requested and to my surprise no one would answer the phone after 4 attemps.
I have no problem with someone trying to make money but I do have a problem when everyone else is threaten and fined and the city turns their heads the other way while this trashy situation continues.
Please do us all a big favor and stop preaching about the beautification project  for this town,it 's a joke.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 7:46am

pretty much how it has become, thawk.

The poor and Section 8 don't have any $$ and don't own any property.
So--no point in dragging them into court and fining them, other than the court costs(which come first of course!).
Others have assets to go after, so they become more attractive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic