FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunset Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunset Pool
    Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 6:06pm
I think we as musa readers and bloggers we should find away to keep this pool open
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 6:34pm
I agree Randy! Since the Thatcher Estate is will to work with Cincy State, maybe they could make a donation to repair and open the pool. Instead of the money going to the city, maybe the funds could go to a committee to run the pool and keep the city out of it. Just a thought. I would like to see it open for the kids, I have my own pool but there are many in town that do not and would enjoy it. jmo
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 8:48pm
Waste of time and money.  No amount of donations will keep that pool open even if they pull a rabbit out of the hat and fund it for one year, what then?  It'll close in year two. 
Kids will turnout in ever declining numbers.  The whole thing is a waste of effort.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:13pm
Bill, why do you say this would be a waste of time and money? I believe Middletown needs a pool and something needs to be worked out so  we can keep it. Why not spend less money on buying old buildings (to demo or give away) and spend some money on the last pool in this town.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:25pm
Randy, I spent much of my youth there.  Fond memories.  But fewer kids were using it every year, and can we afford it?  Council just talked tonight about deficit spending...where are we going to find the $$??  I actually think some expenses -- like demos -- are in our best financial interest long term. 

And they were talking about only having it open 8 weeks.  That's all? What is it, The Jug?  I would think 3 months would be the goal.

TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 1:50am
Every time I drove by Sunset (last time it was opened) it was packed.

The problem is the admittance price is way to low.

Go by the splash pad, and watch all the kids and their parents run up and give the ice cream man $5 and $10 dollar bills. 

Germantown pool: Daily rates for ages 2 and younger are free for residents and nonresidents, individuals are $4 for residents and $6 for nonresidents.

Middletown pool: Children - $2.50; Adults - $3.00.

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 12:13pm
I've thought for a while the rates should be raised.  I am curious about how many people attend.  The pool managers should have records of how many people attend and if the rates are consistent or are dropping off.  I'm also curious if a water park similiar to Splash Moraine could survive in the area.  Or even if we have the acreage to bring it to fruition.  I know the Beach is close by and that would be competition, not to mention Splash Moraine.  Could be used for mulitple things like the Beach as well.  Sledding and ice skatinig in the winter. 
May not be feasible, but just a thought.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 1:22pm
I believe the reports are that attendance at Sunset dwindled from about 10,000 in 2000 to about 6000 last time it was open. 
As far as a water park, I would be surprised if it could survive at a price point needed to succeed here.  And have you  seen most of the people at the Smith Park splash pad?  It's a fright.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 3:02pm
Just let people go swimming at Smith park.

I've swam in plenty of ponds as a kid. Dump it full of chlorine and let'em have at it !
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 3:31pm
Now Hermes, you can't go a dumpin' chlorine in Smith Pond. There's fish in there and fishermen who want to catch them. The fishermen must buy a license, providing big time revenue for the city for operations. There's duck whammy to worry about. That can't be too sanitary. There's three-eyed giant carp and people have probably dumped their pet paranahees in there and they'd be a choppin' on some little kids who want to swim.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 8:02pm
Vet - I wouldn't eat anything I catch out of Smith pond anyway. LOL

And by the time they dump a load of chlorine in there won't be anything left to bite or nibble the kiddies.

One old pond I use to swim in had a water moccasin that chased us every time we jumped in. That darn snake hated us. LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Bill Bill wrote:

have you  seen most of the people at the Smith Park splash pad?  It's a fright.

Lets just say it isn't exactly  "Browns Run Country Club"... Confused

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 6:27am
That picture is tame compared to some of the monstrous 300 pound mamas I've seen there, covered in tattoos, with their cigarettes and junk food.
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 10:42pm
Thumbs%20Upi think that it would be a grate idea if somebody would donate money to open up this pool. some people on here are crazy talkin about 2.50 per person!!! that would mean for me and my kids 15 dollars a day?!?!?!? also how can me and my kids get their and enjoy the pool?!?!?!?  that is the prolem!!!! nobody has that kind of money!!! somebody should give money or perhaps the city could give back and re open the pool for the PEOPLE!!!!
"think before you judge"
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 7:30am
Shhh! Quiet everyone, if you don't respond to vannestmom maybe she'll go away.  Since the MJ website turned off comments she has nowhere to go. 
6 kids (bunch of different Dads) -- check
Section 8 recipent -- check
lazy & entitled -- check
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 10:52am
Angry Bill, u would like me to go away wouldny u? just like everyone else and the city leaders trying to make us go away!!! u dont want to talk of the issues you just want to generalize.  and u dont have to worry about my kids and who their dads  r!!Censored 
"think before you judge"
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 10:54am

and another thing what is so funny about that picture posted? not all of us can join richie country clubs!

"think before you judge"
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 11:08am
Bill.... vannestmom must be someone posing as a welfare, Section 8 recipient just to fire up the working, taxpaying people who support this out of control social cluster of a program.  I would imagine most legitimate Section 8 people would be too embarassed to post some of the information about their life that vannestmom has posted in the past. To admit to 6 kids with different dads and to have no shame in taking all the handouts that this poster has stated, apparently with no shame at all, is a bit hard to believe as being legitimate. IMO,  the person on the other side of this name is just playing games because they know it touches a nerve with the working people who are being forced to support SOME- not all, of the parasites who sponge off the taxpayers. 

Want to create jobs and save some money? Hire and train Section 8/welfare/social program auditors to visit each and every social program users house, unannounced, to check for legitimacy for drawing a paycheck off the public. Those who are bogus, are immediately dropped from the programs and either go to work and help themselves or starve. Would be nice to see some of the spongers receive a wake-up call on behalf of the working people. Got your crap together vannestmom....there will be an auditor at your doorstep in a few days. Big%20smile
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 12:44pm
u see bill and randy thats what u and all the others want to believe about me. i never once said anything about my childrens father. u all just put all people into your little narrow view of the world if their not like u.!!!! everytiome i try and add to the debate you all slander me!!!Angry all i was doing was trying to add my opinin to this topic. I cant help it if my questions scare you. i lik this town it is the rich snobbie peolpe that i can do w/o!!!!!!Dead
"think before you judge"
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 7:01pm
Vannestmom, I am not sure why you mentioned me in your last comment, I have never said anything about you EVER!!! I will tell you right now that if you and Bill do not watch your words towards eachother and other posters. You will see just how quick your no longer welcome to post here. I could careless if you are on section 8  or how many kids you have. This is a free forum but it is not a mud slinging forum.

So before you post about me, (when I said nothing about you) make sure you read what it says just below my name.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 1:14pm
randy, i do apologize to you i dont know y i put your name in my post. i meant to put some one else in I appreciate you having my back against bill. i appreciate u not judging me bc i have a large family like bill does. he doesnt no me. he doesnt knowmy life! all i wanted is for the pool to staty openmfor the kids of middletown. my economic background should have nothing to do with that.
"think before you judge"
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 1:20pm
No harm no foul!!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 1:49pm
vannestmom, I'm all too familiar with the material you used to post on the MJ, most of which would infuriate many on this board, so excuse me if I'm not too sympathetic. 
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 2:43pm
Bill I dont ask for your sympathy. i dont think i have ever posted anything that would be considered to stir up things. people always just assume and judge me. unless of course my mere existene and financial status makes you mad. y do people get so mad when they dont agree with other people opinions? my opinion counts just like yours only i aint rich so you look down on.
"think before you judge"
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by vannestmom vannestmom wrote:

i dont think i have ever posted anything that would be considered to stir up things. people always just assume and judge me. unless of course my mere existene and financial status makes you mad. y do people get so mad when they dont agree with other people opinions? my opinion counts just like yours only i aint rich so you look down on.

Warning! Warning... Disclaimer comment........the opinion listed below is all speculation on my part. I do not know vannestmom and am guessing she is on assistance.

IF..IF you are truely a mother of six kids with different fathers and IF....IF you are receiving financial aid from  welfare, Section 8 or any other government program and IF...IF you are able to work but do not BECAUSE you have had 6 kids that you "must" stay home to take care of, THAT is what infuriates working people vannestmom. You  mentioned that you are glad Chick-Fil-A is returning as you looked forward to taking your kids there. Given the price of these sandwiches and realizing how many kids you say you have, I would imagine that can be a fairly hefty food bill. How are you affording a house, paying some of the utilities, feeding and clothing all those kids,  and still finding money to eat there on government assistance, AKA worker financed assistance? THAT'S what bothers us working people in case you didn't understand our displeasure with ABLE- BODIED people on assistance.Find a relative to watch the kids and go to work. Do you earn the money you receive or do you rely on the work of others for you existence? If you are truely needy, that's another issue. IF....IF you are drawing off assistance, think of all the people, each morning, that get up at 5AM while you're sleeping in and go to work to just to have money taken out of their checks to take care of people like you. How about the people who are on their way to work on the midnight shift just as you are turning off your lights to go to bed for the night. Have you ever been in the situation they are in? Give it some thought next time you get that freebie check in the mail., that is,  IF you are getting assistance.

Oh, and none of us are what would be classified as rich. Most of us are just middle-class working people paying the bills, living within a budget and trying to make ends meet in a rotten economy. You can drop the "looking down at me" crap. We struggle at times in our own way too. JMO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic