FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MECCO TRANSMISSION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MECCO TRANSMISSION
    Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 3:52pm
OK fellow forum members......just gotta tell you.

Have a 2003 Jeep Liberty. Developed transmission problems a year and two months ago. Had Mecco rebuild the tranny on it. They are on Sutphin St. by Brietenbach, McCoy-Leffler Funeral Home on the bend.

Developed an issue a week ago where the parking gear would not engage and the car would roll if not on a perfectly flat surface. Took it into Mecco this morning at 9AM.

Was told that a part had lost adhesion, slipped out and let the pin that engages the parking gear to move. Didn't have to pull the tranny to do this work, but the tech had to do some work from part of the transmission.

They called at 2:30PM to tell me the car was fixed. Picked it up a few minutes ago. NO CHARGE...that's right NO CHARGE and the tranny rebuild is two months off warranty. I am amazed. I wish to take this time to make a positive referral to this business if you are in need of honest business practices and repairs needed to keep you rolling.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:23pm
Thats very rare for any one to do any kind of work free,I will keep this guy in mind for sure thanks.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 12:24am
Me too. I wonder if they could do a TH-400 rebuild for my 68 olds. I have seal leakage due to sitting :(
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by viper771 viper771 wrote:

Me too. I wonder if they could do a TH-400 rebuild for my 68 olds. I have seal leakage due to sitting :(
What a coincidence!!!
I also have some seal leakage due to sitting!!!  (Doc says I should've taken better care of myself when I was younger.) LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 9:33am
lol!! Don't eat any hot wings :D heheh
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 11:44am
Michael Eugene Presta the Third, I hope I don't have this "seal/leakage problem" when I'm your age in about ten years.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Michael Eugene Presta the Third, I hope I don't have this "seal/leakage problem" when I'm your age in about ten years.
Vet,
It may not be too late for you!!!  I suggest more exercise, more fiber, less booze and stop smoking!!! LOL LOL LOL

PS:  Avoiding any actions that may activate an air bag would help also!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2011 at 4:32pm

Mike_Presta wrote:  "PS:  Avoiding any actions that may activate an air bag would help also!!!"

Sir:  To do this, you would have to stop irritating the local politicians.  Please do not do so.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic